Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles fan here !!!!!

TerpsEagles

Originally posted by Oldskool

I hate to put a damper on your parade but Kotite and even Ryan wern't bad coaches at all. Ryan should have never been a HC but he knew his defenses.

Reid is a good HC but his inability to adapt is and has been his downfall. How many of those NFC championship games would the Eagles have won if Andy had more on his mind then a philly cheese steak? ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I hate to put a damper on your parade but Kotite and even Ryan wern't bad coaches at all. Ryan should have never been a HC but he knew his defenses.

Not a damper at all - they were TERRIBLE head coaches. Ryan knew defense yes and was a good evaluator of talent, but as a HC, he had all the talent in the world and couldn't pull it together. Not just in Philly either. He should have stayed a DC. Kotite was an OK manager, in that he was able use Ryan's talented teams and win one playoff game. All that talent for 1 playoff win, against the Saints, no less. Ray Rhodes was a better head coach than either of those guys and he was just plain bad. Kotite's lack of ability was completely revealed when he coached (and I use the word loosely) the Jets.

I'm sorry, telling an Eagles fan that Rich Kotite was not a bad coach is like telling a Redskins fan that Norv Turner was not that bad.

Wow, seriously that's not a smart thing to say. Those two were very bad HC's. Kotite alone was a train wreck.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

Wow, seriously that's not a smart thing to say. Those two were very bad HC's. Kotite alone was a train wreck.

To each their own. I dont think it was so much coaching as the players on those late 80's-90's Eagles teams sucked eggs (Cunningham and a few others would be the exception).

Originally posted by jbooma

one other rule

6. No more then 4 eagle fans in one thread, so you guys will need to know where all of you are :D

Number 5 who cares if you not better all people will remember of you guys is your are the bills who couldn't even make it to the big game :)

our offseason isn't that bad :laugh: remember 4th and 26 keep hope alive :laugh: :laugh:

You have ONE more season to take it, or we will show you how to do it next year :point2sky

I think their opportunity to win the Big One has already passed them by. The NFC East has once again become the Powerhouse of the NFL & the Beagles better do something to prove me wrong or Reid's head will be rolling thru the streets of Philadelphia. Bruce Springstein can change some of the lyrics to his song & then they can have a REAL fight song!:laugh:

To each their own. I dont think it was so much coaching as the players on those late 80's-90's Eagles teams sucked eggs (Cunningham and a few others would be the exception).

That's like saying the Skins under Spurrier weren't bad because of the coaching but because the players sucked. Which we both know wasn't the case.

Really, you're off base on this one just like I'd never say the Redskins the last two seasons were bad because the players weren't good but the coaching was excellent.

I would like to express my agreement that Rich Kotite was not a bad head coach.

In fact, I think he was fantastic, and I think the Eagles ought to fire Shamu and hire Kotite back immediately.

Don't waste even another MINUTE.

~Bang

Originally posted by Bang

I would like to express my agreement that Rich Kotite was not a bad head coach.

In fact, I think he was fantastic, and I think the Eagles ought to fire Shamu and hire Kotite back immediately.

Don't waste even another MINUTE.

~Bang

:laugh:

Archived