Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Czarnecki / FOX Sports - What's HIS Problem????

Dead Money

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2589038

Notes & thoughts

Former Raider All-Pro defensive tackle Darrell Russell may have tossed away his career by being suspended eight games for failing an alcohol test. The league will look very closely at him before considering a reinstatement ... There has been some talk that the league may want only to extend the television contract for three years, not the customary five, with the networks. Both sides are working on getting an extension this year ... The Eagles are determined not to use multi-talented RB Brian Westbrook as a punt returner this season ... U. of Miami safety Sean Taylor apparently was preferred by the Redskins coaches over tight end Kellen Winslow, Jr. And that bit of news has to make everyone wonder.

This entire story was posted already in the breaking news forum - But seriously, what the hell is THIS supposed to mean????

Its kinda coming out of left field, no??

Is he questioning the judgement of our coaching staff????

And if so, why bring it up now?

It was posted at 10pm last night so he must have had learned that Taylor already chose an agent right?

WTF? :puke:

Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one. The guy can have his opinion, does not bother me.

Maybe he is taking the angle that it is surprising that the coaching staff, headed by Gibbs would not want Winslow. Since Gibbs had a good knowledge of his father.

Originally posted by skins0128

Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.

Yeah, and this guy's stinks. His backside could use a good scrubbin'.

I got irritated when I read that, also. Someone should email him and find out what the heck he meant.

It could also be interpreted as a shot at Winslow, if that's the whole quote.

We are a vigilant bunch at Extremeskins. The gossip columnist in Ottumwa, Iowa could write that Joe Gibbs has bad taste in clothes, and you can bet that there will be a thread here within the hour expressing everyone's outrage :laugh:

I don't get it at all. I just read this article and though to myself WHAT? What the hell is this guy saying. It sounds like he's questioning our coaching staff's decision making (in which case that's really out of left field considering he just signed an agent). But why now? months after the draft?

But the comment is so vague. You're a sports writer, you get paid to write your opinion, so write it or shut the f up.

Bottom line, either way, this guy's a freakin' idiot

Originally posted by KBNJ

Yeah I see your point... but isn't he like almost 4 months too late?

An sorry Renegade, but I reserve the right to question someone's intentions in the media when it comes to our team... Offseason or not...

It was just an attempt to get something started up. No knock on you if you're conserned about it, but I personally want to move on from the draft. That was months ago. More pumped up about preseason, honestly. :)

Editor: John, I need X amount of inches on the breaking news tonight. Think you can manage that?

John: Sure, I'll get right on that.

John (thinking): Darrell Russell gone? That's news. Check. TV extension? That works. Iggles phasing out Westbrook? Well, kind of ambiguous, but whatever. Hmmm...still some space left...Well, I'll just write something about the Redskins to fill this out, nobody will care.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Yeah I see your point... but isn't he like almost 4 months too late?

An sorry Renegade, but I reserve the right to question someone's intentions in the media when it comes to our team... Offseason or not...

Spinning wheels got to go round.

Stuck in the mud; you are bound.

Get mad at the media?

Encyclopedia.

Well, it rhymed!

Don't get yourself all worked up about the media, kiddo. It's like getting mad about the sky being blue.

Archived