Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey or Vick?

Henry

I voted for Michael Vick. Washington is going to do very well with Ramsey. I have him in on my Dynasty Team(fantasy football) and I expect big things in 2005 or even late 2004. Brunell is not the answer, past week eight when he is probably going to be preparing for acl reconstruction or he'll be in a Michael Strahan induced coma.

ok, honestly, as a rookie Vick tore it up. Plus, his return alone last year signalled more wins for the Falcons than before. I dont like Vick much, and I think his bro's an idjut, however, Vick is prolly a better qb than Ramsey, and his mobility just makes him a huge game changer. I dont care that Ramsey will prolly last longer than Vick, this is now and Vick is better now.

Vick is an incredible athlete, no doubt. I just have serious doubts that he will ever be able to run an offense. He can only do that streetball stuff for so long. Eventually, he is going to have to learn the position.

I haven't studied him by any stretch, but every time I've seen him play, it's one read, then look to run. I don't care how phenomenal he is, that is not going to get the job done in the long run. No OC is going to design a truly successful offense around an X-factor. That X-factor can only come into play when ALL other things break down.

That is precisely what made Steve Young (one of the best QBs I've ever seen) so deadly. He could just shred you to pieces with his mind, his arm, or his legs. Consistently. One of the best athletes to ever play the position.

Athletically, Vick is even better than Young was. He isn't nearly as smart, though (very few football players are). And that is the most important attribute a QB can have.

Lawrence Taylor or Brian Bosworth?

Stephan Davis or Keith Griffin?

Jerry Rice or Chris Doering?

Ronnie Lott or Stanley Richards?

Muhammad Ali or Butter Bean?

Hulk Hogan or "The Mouth of the South"

Dusty Rhodes or Elizabeth?

Ramsey is awesome but to compare him to Vick?!?!? No way.

Originally posted by RedskinsMarchingBand

Where is it proven that Vick has a stronger arm then Ramsey, Terry Bradshaw said that Ramsey is a Champion Javelin thrower and he broke his long standing record saying he had one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Wow....are you really questioning vick's arm strength?!? wow.

Originally posted by RedskinsMarchingBand

Where is it proven that Vick has a stronger arm then Ramsey, Terry Bradshaw said that Ramsey is a Champion Javelin thrower and he broke his long standing record saying he had one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

ONe of the strongest Vick might have THE strongest he flicks his wrist and it goes 60 yards.

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by HeHateMe

75% to 25% in favor of Vick?

I don't know what the bigger joke is.

That or the fact that this question was even posed.

You should go to the Cowboys site, they had the same poll but replaced Ramsey with Henson.

Now that's even a bigger joke, Cowgirl. :)

as much as i like P.R. at this time in both of their careers i have to take M.V. as some others here stated as P.R. developes

and becomes the QB we all hope and know he can be. then i would diffenitly would rather have P.R.

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You should go to the Cowboys site, they had the same poll but replaced Ramsey with Henson.

Now that's even a bigger joke, Cowgirl. :)

Actually, that's the very reason I brought this up here. Because those choosing Quincy freakin Carter over Vick were so vehement in their support I wanted to see how people felt here about our young guy in a similar poll, and how strongly.

What kind of question is this? Vick or Ramsey? Vick is a game breaker...look at what he did to the Falcons with their lack of weapons. He made them into a playoff team. Imagine Vick with our O Line the past two years...he would be running for his life every play.

Originally posted by dave18256

Vick. He took a medicore Falcons team into Lambeau in the playoffs and won two seasons ago. That's when I jumped on his bandwagon.

Yeh I agree with him. He carried them that year and if his defense was any better they wouldve won.

Ramsey is the better qb, Vick is the better athlete. Vick is more exciting, and will get the hype and endorsments, but in the long run I would rather have Ramsey. Vick has only had one season that was better than Ramsey's last year and Vick is supposed to be "the best young Quarterback in football."

Originally posted by Henry

Actually, that's the very reason I brought this up here. Because those choosing Quincy freakin Carter over Vick were so vehement in their support I wanted to see how people felt here about our young guy in a similar poll, and how strongly.

Hey that was one guy:doh: . Me and a few others set him straight. Almost every non q clone would gladly trade our whole qb roster for vick.

Originally posted by RW31

Hey that was one guy:doh: . Me and a few others set him straight. Almost every non q clone would gladly trade our whole qb roster for vick.

Could be. There were also a few than prefered Hensen over Vick. Maybe I was thinking of them.

Point is, even though the answer is obvious to most of us it was an interesting thread because there will always be a few dissenters.

Archived