Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey or Vick?

Henry

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by CMonster

huh?

how about that overtime game against the Vikings he won with that breathtaking run? I guess that doesn't count because it was with his feet?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I love Patrick, but this is a no-brainer.

Thanks for the example of him winning a game with his arm.

I seriously think you guys are buying into the Michael Vick hype machine.

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by Gibbs_Rulez

You are just mad because Mcnabb is **** compared to Vick.

Yeah, you are right. I can't have any opinioin on any matter because my favorite team is the Eagles.

Grow up.

Some of you guys are going a bit too far by replying Favre or Hasselback, or Gardner versus Moss. The fact is, Vick is PREDOMINATELY still a guy based on potential, rather than provable, on-field ability as a passer.

In Vick's first two years in the league he started 17 games and played in six others while putting up the following numbers as a passer:

281 for 534, 3721 yards, 18 TDs, 11 INTs.

Ramsey, in similar playing time with 16 starts and five other games appeared in put up:

296 for 564, 3705 yards, 23 TDs, 17 INTs.

Clearly what differentiates Ramsey from Vick is what Vick does on the ground which Ramsey can't match and therefore must abundantly surpass as a passer to compensate. He's not there, yet, obviously.

But, Vick is not yet Favre or Moss as an NFL QB to this point. Dismissing the conversation simply because you -- like me as Vick's my favorite NFL player excluding the Skins of course :) -- have bought into the hype. Vick clearly gets the nod here, but, if Ramsey were to be certainly starting this year as Vick is, you might find yourself changing your thoughts if Ramsey lives up to his ultimate potential, just as we're waiting for Vick to do.

Guest Westbrook36

Give Art a cookie.

He just made the best reply in this thread. Hype and potential.

Where most of you along with the ESPN announcers value Vicks potential at HOF levels, I think he can eventually turn into a better than average QB if he hones his passing skills and stops running everytime he gets a tad uncomfortable.

The GB playoff game cemented his hype forever even though his star burnt out, albeit temporarily, the very next week when the Eagles owned him all day long with their better than average defense that year.

Vick has only really had one full season. His receivers were Finneran and Jefferson, and Jefferson didn't even start half the games.

I think both Ramsey and Vick are still unproven, so we can only judge them by potential.

Clearly Vick is a better rusher. With Vick and Portis, how could the Skins not have the #1 rushing offense.

Vick also has the stronger arm.

However, I think Ramsey is probably more accurate.

I would need to know Vick's price tag and injury status to make a reasonable decision.

Westy, I agree that the hype for Vick has reached ridiculous levels. I generally agree with Art's assessment on this.

Still, one cannot ignore that with Vick the Falcons go 9-6-1, without him they go 2-10, and with him they go 3-1. At some point that's no longer coincedence.

That doesn't make him a HOF lock, but it does make him a difference maker that few QBs are. I think a top-flight pocket passer like Manning or Brady has a better chance of winning a SB than a top flight scrambler like McNabb or Vick, but Ramsey's neither yet, and Vick is, so at this point I'd take Vick.

Anyone is here that votes "Ramsey" is WAY to biased....not a person in this room can HONESTLY say ramsey is better or will be better........Vick will be have his career ended sooner due to his style of play?? Why is Ramsey's pocket passing safer? I hate to be a stick in the mud but I'll argue his all day....I wish Ramsey does become the next Manning but to say you want HIM over Vick's potential !?!? Thats nuts.....His numbers prove he's the team therefore how can you claim he's "over-rated."

Originally posted by Henry

I think a top-flight pocket passer like Manning or Brady has a better chance of winning a SB than a top flight scrambler like McNabb or Vick, but Ramsey's neither yet, and Vick is, so at this point I'd take Vick.

another great point....The future is for Ramsey.....the present is vicks time....who knows maybe Vick will change the position?

I'm biased and not because I'm a homer. I just like pure-passers (okay, maybe that's because I grew up on guys like Sonny so maybe it is homerism) and have never really like scramblers (maybe that has something to do with Roger).

2nd game back from injury, Vick ran for 141 yards against the panthers and the Falcons won the game in OT. Vick also had a 119.2 passer rating against the Bucs, in Tampa Bay. The falcons won that game as well. The new offensive Cordinator brought to ATL was the same one who looked over Steve Young, and the coaching staff is trying its best to improve Vicks passing mechanics. They're trying to turn this guy into a player that can be a pocket passer and run like a madman. I'd take Vick over Ramsey anyday of the week.

Guest Westbrook36

Mcnabb or Vick?

Mcnabb or Mcnair?

Mcnabb or Peyton?

Mcnabb or Tom Brady?

Should I go on Westbrook?

I didn't know this thread was titled "Is McNabb the best QB in the league?"

Thanks for the clarification.

You are just mad because Mcnabb is **** compared to Vick.

Are you kidding? Vick has all the weaknesses McNabb is bashed for here times two. He hasn't yet learned to be an adequate passer even a LITTLE bit. Excuses were made for Vick, the offensive line, the WRs, but McNabb's offense engineered more points in their first trip to the playoffs with less talent than Vick's squad in 2002.

Between Vick and Ramsey? Give me Ramsey, at least he is learning how to play. I fear for Vick's future in the NFL, but at least his new coach admitted that he has to start teaching Vick how to play the position better than he has learned to this point.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The thing with Vick is you always feel your team is in the game.

Any game he played in at Tech that I saw I just knew the team was going to win. No doubt in my mind. And I think the players in that Atlanta huddle believe it also. They look at him and think "hey we got this" And just thinking that is huge.

I think in time that Ramsey will also have that in the huddle, that players will think "we got this" when they hear Ramsey call out the play because he will be that good.

Vick on the other hand is "the holy grail of QB's" as Mel Kiper described him during the 2000 Sugar Bowl vs FSU. He can run, he is elusive, he can make an o-line look great, his arm is insane, he is accurate, he plays big in the clutch.

He isn't the brightest mind in the game, but once he gets the mental game down, once the playbook slows down for him, he will win a lot of games. I just hope our Skins win a few Super Bowls before he truly finds his game because I don't think teams will be able to stop him.

Jim Mora Jr may be the luckiest coach ever if Vick truly reaches his potential which is immense. That is why today, next year, or even ten years down the road I would take Vick

Archived