Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey or Vick?

Henry

Originally posted by Henry

Could be. There were also a few than prefered Hensen over Vick. Maybe I was thinking of them.

Point is, even though the answer is obvious to most of us it was an interesting thread because there will always be a few dissenters.

Did I just hear what I think I jut heard? Did you just say someone, ANYONE would take Henson over vick? My heart just skipped a beat and my eye is twitching. That is so sad, its not even funny.:(

I don't post much, but had to chime in. I like Ramsey a lot. He's going to be great for us one day. True Redskin, true team player. But anybody who'd pick Ramsey over Vick is outside their mind. And anybody who calls Vick overrated as if McNabb isn't, is obviously a crack smokin' resident of Filthadelphia. I've seen Vick play live at least 20 times, and believe me, there's nothing like him nor will there every be anybody like him for a VERY long time. He will be the greatest ever. Guaranteed!

If it is strictly a who is the better player question, then obviously Vick is better than Ramsey. No question.

When you add that Vick will want no less than $16 million signing bonus and will definitely look at Peyton's $34.5 million signing bonus and $99 million 7 year contract, I can't help but wonder what Vick would cost.

Then when you add his inability to stay healthy, it's a risk. I would still go with Vick, but I maybe could see how someone would want Ramsey at his low cost. Maybe.

However, I could not see how someone could think Ramsey would be better than Vick on the Redskins. Imagine Vick with this line and these receivers and Portis. That would be an amazing offense.

I went with ramsey, while he is not quite as fast, and doesnt have quite as much arm strength, he can take a hit.

Vick is easily the most exciting qb in the NFL to watch, but the fact is he isnt the best "QB" and for the price of vick you can afford ramsey, portis and proably a very good wr.

In sum, vick is a one man show, but football is a team sport

Originally posted by Renegade7

Did I just hear what I think I jut heard? Did you just say someone, ANYONE would take Henson over vick? My heart just skipped a beat and my eye is twitching. That is so sad, its not even funny.:(

Almost as sad as 20 people taking Ramsey over Vick...
Originally posted by hokie4redskins

I've seen Vick play live at least 20 times, and believe me, there's nothing like him nor will there every be anybody like him for a VERY long time. He will be the greatest ever. Guaranteed!

I'd say "potentially" he could be.....I go along with this.....

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You should go to the Cowboys site, they had the same poll but replaced Ramsey with Henson.

Now that's even a bigger joke, Cowgirl. :)

Awww, did I upset you?

Since when was Henson a part of this comparison?

And even if he was, how can you make any comparison whatsoever?

He hasnt played a down in the NFL.

What we do know is that over half of the GM's (when polled in 2001) had Henson rated HIGHER than Vick and wouldve selected him over Vick had he elected to stick with football and enter the draft.

But thats here nor there.

The point is that deep down, I would presume that much more than 75% of Skins fans would trade Ramsey for Vick straight up right now.

And thats the point. Its comical that he has received 25% of the vote on this site.

No biggie. Its a Skins site. I would expect nothing less. But polls like this are basically senseless as the actual feelings of fans are never really revealed.:cheers:

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Awww, did I upset you?

Since when was Henson a part of this comparison?

And even if he was, how can you make any comparison whatsoever?

He hasnt played a down in the NFL.

What we do know is that over half of the GM's (when polled in 2001) had Henson rated HIGHER than Vick and wouldve selected him over Vick had he elected to stick with football and enter the draft.

But thats here nor there.

The point is that deep down, I would presume that much more than 75% of Skins fans would trade Ramsey for Vick straight up right now.

And thats the point. Its comical that he has received 25% of the vote on this site.

No biggie. Its a Skins site. I would expect nothing less. But polls like this are basically senseless as the actual feelings of fans are never really revealed.:cheers:

A lot of factors go into wanting to take Ramsey over Vick, and burgundy colored shades have nothing to do with it.;)

1. Vick, as talented as he is running wise, throws himself around like he's made of rock rather then flesh and blood. We all saw what that did to him last preseason, and a lot of us are very wery of the fact that unless he learns to not take off so fast, it could happen again.

Ramsey was getting treated like a ping pong ball out there last year, but didn't go down until week 12. It's a question of who's more durable, and a lot of people, including myself, take into concideration what happened last year and would say Ramsey is more durable. Vick is useless on the bench. We saw that last year as well.

2. Some people here prefere pocket passers over scramblers. Who would you rather have, Manning or McNabb? Don't answer that, but I hope I get the point across. Sometimes you won't be able to throw the ball and will have to think on your feet. I'd rather have a scrambler, myself.

3. It's all potential. Both are talented QBs in their own right, Vick and Ramsey, but everyone has their own seperate opinion on which talent they'd prefere to have on their team. I'd rather have Vick because, yes, he can improvise, but his coaching staff is trying to improve his passing technique as well. Potential wise, I'd take Vick in a heartbeat. But I don't speak for everyone.;)

I like Ramsey a lot, but to say that he is better than Michael Vick is absurd. Vick is on his way to becoming one of the best players the NFL has ever seen. Just look at the way the Falcons finished last season after Vick returned from his injury. Ramsey will one day be a solid NFL quarterback, hopefully for the Redskins. But, until Ramsey can be a bit more mobile in the pocket and be better able to avoid the rush, I am happy with Brunell as the starter. After all, Ramsey was more responsible for all the pounding he endured last season that anyone else, even Spurrier.

the only reason Ramsey is getting votes because we are redskin fans, if we weren't then Vick would win by 100%

would you go see a 0-15 team if Ramsey was playing qb, no!! but you would if Vick was because with him like jordan you have "the we may never see this again feeling on every play" that is why he is so special

Originally posted by Henry

Another thread got me wondering ... Who would you rather have on your team, Ramsey or Vick? And why?

My vote is Vick. Even though I prefer pocket passers to scramblers, Vick's simply too good to pass up right now.

:doh: what a stupid question

ask any gm if the could have one player to build around who would it be 50% would say vick, Ramesy would not even be a thought

Originally posted by airSkins91

ramsey won't even beat out brunell

Probably not, but, Brunell is better than Vick right now too, so, in a competition based on ability rather than future, Vick wouldn't beat Brunell out either.

Archived