Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey or Vick?

Henry

Another thread got me wondering ... Who would you rather have on your team, Ramsey or Vick? And why?

My vote is Vick. Even though I prefer pocket passers to scramblers, Vick's simply too good to pass up right now.

Guest Westbrook36

I'd probably take Ramsey as Vick is the most overrated player of our time.

Plus, with his style of play, he probably won't be in the league for another five years.

Steve Spurrier or Joe Gibbs?

Oh yeah westbroke.... you want overrated??

Just ask Rush Limbaugh who's overrated. I mean the only reason why McNabb is popular (in your town) is because everyone wants a black quarterback to succeed right????;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thought this was a joke at first but seeing as how everyone is serious, VICK (WITH THE LEG)!

I like Ramsey alot and hopefully he is the future of our team but Vick is a beast and like bnacpa said, can change the game all by himself.

You have to go with Vick at this point. He has far superior athleticism and even a stronger arm. Like you, I'm a guy who likes a pocket passer a great deal, and I think Ramsey has the kind of passing ability that could make him a QB I'd one day consider over a guy like Vick.

But, until Ramsey is an elite level passer, hitting on 60 percent of his passes and providing steady, efficient play, you have to go with the dynamic player like Vick. I'd take Peyton Manning over Vick right now as the sort of pocket QB who would make you consider him over Vick.

But while Vick isn't yet in the category of the game's better passers, he is already the game's most dangerous weapon AND he is developing the passing skill to be even better. I think you have to go Vick here even if you can envision a day where Ramsey develops into a solid, Pro Bowl level guy. When that happens, you can ask the question again.

That a real tough call for me. Vick is just absolutely sick as an athlete. He commands so much respect from the d. My only hesitation would be about his durability and longevity given his propensity to scramble. Ramsey on the other hand is as tough as nails, accurate and has a great arm. If I had to choose I'd take Vick but not by much.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Plus, with his style of play, he probably won't be in the league for another five years.

Exactly. If Vick was able to take the hits then I'd pick him in a heart beat. However he is easily inured and that combined with his style of play pretty much makes it a lock that he spends ample time in street clothes during every season.

I know who the better player is, but I voted for our boy Patrick. I should just change my name to Homer.....

But I GOTTA say-

These teams with the flashy, running QBs DON'T seem to win Super Bowls. (see "Philadelphia Eagles history" going back to Randall Cunningham.) ;)

I'll take "QBs who drop back and throw" for a Super Bowl, Alex.

:helmet:

Guest Westbrook36

Vick is so overrated, it's not even funny. Someone give me some examples of games he has won with his arm.....

Eventually, the 13 rushes a game are going to end when he keeps getting banged up. LT for him is one of the most lopsided trades in the history of the NFL.

Just because Mike Patrick yells, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?!?!?" everytime he touches the ball, it doesn't mean he is one of the best players in the NFL.

Vick is awesome. He's so exciting to watch. The only thing I'd worry about is that 3 years down the road, he'll be so expensive that you have to downgrade the talent on the rest of your team to compensate. See Payton Manning.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Having seen Micheal Vick and Patrick Ramsey play live I have to go with Vick.

The guy is just an incredible athlete, has a deadly strong accurate arm and quite frankly makes things happen. As a player you have to feel so much more confident being in the same huddle as Mike.

You just know something good will happen

I also think it is a myth that he is easily injured. I saw some of the hits he took in college and he kept getting back up. The serious stuff such as the ankle his sophomore year and the knee last year got him. I think he can be fairly durable

Originally posted by SKINtil8tin

Thought this was a joke at first but seeing as how everyone is serious, VICK (WITH THE LEG)!

I like Ramsey alot and hopefully he is the future of our team but Vick is a beast and like bnacpa said, can change the game all by himself.

My thoughts exactly.

Someone give me some examples of games he has won with his arm.....
huh?

how about that overtime game against the Vikings he won with that breathtaking run? I guess that doesn't count because it was with his feet?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, I love Patrick, but this is a no-brainer.

Only a serious Homer would answer (Ramsey) or even ask this question. Are you kidding me Ramsey over Vick is retarded. I think the coaches who have coached himm just don't know how to use him. He is such a dynamic and unstoppable force that it is easy to build your offense around him. In turn you can waste all your cap space building the most unstoppable defense ever. Get decent tackles, fast receivers, and a decent RB and your offense is already unstoppable with Vick at QB. No one has figured out how to stop it and they won't anytime soon. I love patrick for his toughness and dedication to hard work, but taking him over Vick like Leaf over Vick would just be retarded.

Mike Vick.

Close your eyes and imagine the prototypical Quarterback. I think of the following players displaying the necessary attributes.

Running speed and evasive manuverability ->Randall Cunningham

Arm Strength ->John Elway

Confidence and Poise ->Joe Montana

At some point in time a player is going to come along in the NFL just like a Michael Jordan did in the NBA and Tiger Woods did on the PGA. When that time comes that player will have legendary skills in all three of the above attributes.

Right now, Vick has all three of these attributes. Just like Jordan, Vick needs the right opportunity to excel on a championship level. The falcons will not be that team any time soon.

BTW, I thought McNabb had these attribute but he lacks the most important - Confidence and Poise. He does not perform at a chamionship level when necessary. Ruch Limbaugh was right in his assessment. Now the torch needs to be passed to Mike Vick. He can carry it.

VAsBeachBoy, did you just call me a serious homer? :)

I'm actually just curious to see if anyone would actually vote for Ramsey, and why.

I also find it very interesting that Ramsey's most vocal supporter in this thread isn't even a Redskin fan. Go figure. :)

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You are just mad because Mcnabb is **** compared to Vick.

Archived