Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton: My Life....Are You Buying?

DUSTINMFOX

Aside from whatever personal convictions you may have on his "character"....will you read this book? I purchased it this morning at 10 and plan on getting it signed downtown on the 7th....a chance for a former President's signature doesn't come around to often and will be passed from generation to generation.

I'm not the type who let's a books length determine what I read......I would also recommend reading the new Alexander Hamilton book as well.

I didn't start this thread as an outright endorsement of Clinton. I simply enjoy reading American history.

It's amazing to me that everyone I've asked has looked at me in shock for even asking this question. Most people I have asked were appalled that I would even be asking????

If so many are acting interested, then who are the millions that are buying?

Originally posted by mark327

HMMMM, 900 some odd pages , i think i'll wait for the movie:laugh:

That’s my problem with the book. I think it could be a relatively interesting read at 300-500 pages, but I can’t imagine how 900 pages of Clinton could hold my interest. I’ll have to pass on this one.

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

I'm not the type who let's a books length determine what I read......I would also recommend reading the new Alexander Hamilton book as well.

I didn't start this thread as an outright endorsement of Clinton. I simply enjoy reading American history.

I'm not a Clinton fan by any means, but I will probably read the book for the same reason you will Dustin. I enjoy reading anything dealing with American history...and especially Presidents.

I'm not going to support his shallow attempt to repair his image and change his presidential legacy. I'll admit he did alot of good things for people in this country, including job creation, but he also disgraced the very office people trusted him to behold.

I'm sorry, I don't base a presidential term on the fact that he lied to us about a bl*w job and some make out sessions" I do not think it was any of our business to begin with.....and are we all that naive to think he was the only President to cheat? And if any other President were asked about their own promiscuous actions they were going to tell the truth.....bahhh

What were Bill Clinton and George H. Bush talking about at the World War II Memorial dedication? Clinton’s book. And Bush said it was too long.

The two sat next to each other at the ceremony, and the 41st president was spotted playfully nudging Clinton.

According to an insider, they were discussing Clinton’s memoirs.

“It had recently been revealed how long the book was going to be,” says a source. “So Bush was joking that it was too long, and he was only going to read the first half and his son would read the second half. And they could fill each other in.”

Am I going insane? I looked at the pic of Bush41 and Clinton in jbooma's post and all I thought was:

:doh: :D

---

I'm not sure if I am going to buy it as a book or as an audio book. Depends on whether or not the audio book is unabridged. But I will be buying it - I am an avid reader of biographies, especially of Presidents.

I certainly wouldn’t classify the Times as a charter member of the right-wing conspiracy.

“In many ways, the book is a mirror of Mr. Clinton's presidency: lack of discipline leading to squandered opportunities; high expectations, undermined by self-indulgence and scattered concentration.”

(http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/20/books/20CLIN.html?ei=5006&en=b1de08dbc243a997&ex=1088308800&partner=ALTAVISTA1&pagewanted=print&position)

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

It's amazing to me that everyone I've asked has looked at me in shock for even asking this question. Most people I have asked were appalled that I would even be asking????

If so many are acting interested, then who are the millions that are buying?

was just being trying to be a little funny , sorry if i upset you

DUSTIN . honestly if i get the time to read the book i will , i supported Clinton throughtout his presidency , eveyone has there opinions thats why it a 2 party system as you know.

clinton's not the first and surely not the last to have sex in the whitehouse ,he just got caught.

hey , at least he knows what a hummer is !!! ask a repubican

if they know and they take you to their garage and show you there car

:rolleyes:

News > Newsmakers

Clinton's 'My Life' sets records

Presidential memoir breaks one-day sales record at Barnes & Noble, exceeds expectations at Borders.

June 23, 2004: 9:18 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - First-day sales of Bill Clinton's presidential memoirs "My Life" were fast and furious Tuesday, exceeding sales expectations at some of the nation's largest booksellers.

According to Barnes & Noble (BKS: Research, Estimates), whose Rockefeller Center location in New York City was where the former president made his first book-signing appearance, the book is already projected to have set a single-day non-fiction sales record of between 90,000 to 100,000 books sold nationwide.

Hundreds of fans lined outside the store, some for several hours, to get an autographed copy of the book. Barnes & Noble said Clinton signed about 2,217 copies of "My Life."

Morningstar Stock Newsletter

Get the stock and mutual fund research you need to make the right investment...

www.morningstar.com

OTC Journal: Stock Market Newsletter

Find trading newsletter archives at otcjournal.com. We release issues based on...

www.otcjournal.com

Free Stock Market Newsletter

Sign up for a free subscription to Street Authority Investor Update and receive...

www.streetauthority.com

Stock Market Newsletter

The Real Sentiment Report newsletter published by WhisperNumber.com lets you...

www.whispernumber.com

Opening day sales of the book at Borders Group Inc. (BGP: Research, Estimates) "exceeded Hillary Clinton's book" 'Living History."

"We're estimating that the first-day sales of Bill Clinton's book were more than double of what we sold on the first day for Hillary Clinton. In other words, it was huge and perhaps the largest non-fiction title ever for us" said Jenny Dahlman, spokeswoman for Borders, who declined to give actual sales numbers.

Hillary Clinton's book "Living History" sold over 1 million copies after its release last June.

Dahlman said sales of "My Life" were particularly strong at Borders stores in New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles and San Francisco, adding that sales of the audio edition of the book were "also nearing what we saw of sales of the Harry Potter audio editions."

"But opening say sales of the Bill Clinton book still sold about a third of total sales of Harry Potter on its first day," Dahlman said.

Borders now expects to meet its total sales estimates for the book.

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

I'm not a Clinton fan by any means, but I will probably read the book for the same reason you will Dustin. I enjoy reading anything dealing with American history...and especially Presidents.

What makes you think that this actually will have anything historically accurate to say?

This is an attempt at plastic surgery on his image and legacy, which were his priorities all along.

Archived