Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Comic Standing

Skinned

Which Wizards acquisition was the worst?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wizards acquisition was the worst?

• Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland
    • Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond
    • Ben Wallace for Ike Austin
    • Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse

Anybody else watch this show?

I love it, but what a bogus ending tonight! That guy who didn't move on was the funniest one up there. Even the celebrity judges were pissed, because NBC hadn't told them that their votes weren't the only ones that counted, in fact, they were in the minority.

That was weak...

Yeah, I like the show too... Last season's was pretty good as well except that the guy who won kept doing the same routine throughout the show where as the big guy kept doing something original each performance. I though Ralphie was way funnier than Dat.

Ralphie was way funnier than Dat. I heard a couple of the judges quit the show after what happened last night (it was taped). It is a good show. This year I have noticed some comics who I have seen before. Some have really funny acts but didn't even make it past the first round. What about that guy from D.C? His headline said he was from D.C. and his name was DC something or other and his skit was about Brooklyn. He was terrible!

Originally posted by Skinned

Anybody else watch this show?

I love it, but what a bogus ending tonight! That guy who didn't move on was the funniest one up there. Even the celebrity judges were pissed, because NBC hadn't told them that their votes weren't the only ones that counted, in fact, they were in the minority.

That was weak...

It is a fake, the suits are going to select the person they like the best :(

I've actually watched the show so far ... after not seeing any of it last year. Seems to me the network is trying hard to serve two masters here ... one, to get funny people ... and two, to make sure that the 10 people chosen for "the house" also make for good "tv." Gotta have broad demographic appeal, PLUS the potential for controvery/fireworks.

I think they got that. "Fair?" Probably not ... but realistic and should not surprise anyone. It's not a talent show, it's a TV show, and in that context, ratings is king.

What I find strange about the show so far is how heavily editted it is during the acts. I know they have time constraints, but it's hard to get a feel for a comedian's 2 minute set when you only get 30 seconds of it, and what you DO get is a producer's choice. It's uneven. The crowd reaction shots are often totaly out of sync with the performance, and sitting at home you just KNOW that you've missed the joke sometimes ... and that the producers are manipulating the message for whatever purposes they have.

I'm hoping that at some point in the "real" shows starting next week, we'll at least get to see an entire set now and then, so we'll have the same opportunity to see who's "got it" and who doesn't as the producers.

By the way, my early favorite: Jay London. Most original of the bunch.

Originally posted by jbooma

It is a fake, the suits are going to select the person they like the best :(

I had heard something about this when the controversy first started. NBC definitely tried to clean up the situation by explaining that the other people voting were not basing their votes on that night's performance alone, but on all of the previous ones as well (ie the auditions). I think it's a cop-out, because they all have been funny enough to get to this point, so why not base their advancement on last night? You also would have thought that the judges would have been aware of the other voters prior to accepting the role.

And yes, DC Benny sucked! The guy who got the shaft was hysterical....very reminiscent of Steve Buscemi.

Last year was the best example of the "suits" picking the winner, who just wasn't as funny.

Dat was funny at first, but he kept doing the same routines over and over, just like Ant is doing this year. It gets old IMO.

Ralphie did something different each time, but I'm sure the suits didn't like him because he was so freakin fat. Regardless, Ralphie was funny as hell. He should have won easily.

Best show on TV right now.

I saw Ralphie a couple of months ago and m sides still hurt from laughing.

Remember this isnt a show about who the best stand up comedian is. It's a show about comedians. They have to do performances outside of the stage each week (challenges). So it seems totally legit that the producers choose the comics that they feel will put on the best overall show. Not just the best guy/gal with a mike and spotlight.

Plus, each contestant knew from the beginning that thios wasnt a 1 shot deal in Vegas. They were judged based on all of their performces. The one guy (Nutero?) was funny, but would have been boring and annoying in the house. The one guy I thought got screwd was Dan Adhoot.

Archived