Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp will be Closed to the public

Per Nunyo:

Washington, D.C.: Will training camp practices be in Ashburn and open to the public like they were last year? Or, with Gibbs back in charge, are they headed back to Carlisle, PA?

Nunyo Demasio: Training camp will be at Ashburn again. Gibbs said he likes that it's in an isolated area. Training camp will be closed to the public. And media access is going to be limited.

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/04/sp_sports_demasio060704.htm

Does Nunyo really think that the Redskins are interested in Jamal Reynolds (DE, Green Bay)? He is not a free agent, and he is obviously a backup player. His stats over four years are 16 tackles, 3 sacks.

I dont mind Nunyo, from the articles ive read by him he doesnt seem to bash the team or anything. I know I didnt like the first article I read of his back in february, but i havent seen any other bad articles. When training camp is gonna be closed save for a few fan appreciation days, then it is essentially closed. Also, I saw somewhere else, though it coulda been a Nunyo article, that we may be more interested in Jamal Reynolds as quality depth and whatnot.

I personally hope I can make it this year to see training camp for the first time.

Originally posted by fuji869

That has got to be a bummer for those in the area. :(

Not really all that bad. I've enjoyed the last four that I've been to, but I'd gladly give them up if it'd improve team chemistry and equate to more wins. So far, it has been painful hype.

I don't think Gibbs will close but half of them - he knows the importance of fan interaction and such. At some point, distractions can be good and part of the process. Distractions, without being distracted.

Archived