Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E3 - Best Sports Game=ESPN 2005

Well its seems to me that while there is a lot of hating, most espners say madden sucks, while a lot of madden people say the same thing, they say it with an asterik saying i think what espn does is good but i prefer madden.

Example: Skisn 26 said "It presents itself well, it always has, it is very realistic and seems like your actually watching sunday night football when the game starts and during other pauses in the game.

But I still would rather play madden, I dont like the way ESPN plays. I dont like the way the players look and I dont like the way the game plays."

Espners dont do that, example: brooklynskins: "ign also said espn was better then madden. madden fans are just walking around with their fingers in their ears and their eyes closed. not to mention their heads up their arsses"

Its quite funny, which makes what big z said a great point.

ESPN sounds all well and good............

But i'm still gettin Madden......give me great playable control any day. Besides, all i know is Madden........y change when Madden still satisfy the basic needs of football videogaming.

Madden 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

The article made it clear you just posted, said few upgrades in gameplay:doh: If your main goal is to see a strain on somebodys face while there body looks like Square pixels that is your opinion.

my friend has played it and said it has completely changed :)

so I don't know how you came to that conclusion since you didn't read his article, he said it is more realistic not, even more then madden :doh:

Originally posted by mcees4life

ESPN sounds all well and good............

But i'm still gettin Madden......give me great playable control any day. Besides, all i know is Madden........y change when Madden still satisfy the basic needs of football videogaming.

Madden 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the kind of thinking that I don't understand...The crazy loyalty to Madden....you are refusing to even start to believe that another game might be better.

The other thing is, people are saying "ESPN gameplay is bad"...Bad based on what?? I think it has been a lot more realistic than Madden and with the improvements they have lined up it could be even better (or worse).

I think when people say that the gameplay is "bad", what they really mean is that it is different from what they are used to....I guess I can somewhat respect that.

I just hope the Maddenites (I was once one) don't just have blinders on.

Originally posted by Canyonero!

People like different things. People are allowed to enjoy things that you might not find enjoyable. Grow up.

How many other arguments on this board could you say the same things about??? We know people have their own opinion and like different things...that is what makes it fun to argue. Don't disrespect the posters simply because YOU may not have a strong opinion on the subject matter.

Has anyone noticed that most of the Maddenites responses are:

ESPN looks cool, but I'm still getting Madden....

No logic whatsoever! They're like Billy Ray Cyrus who refused to believe that the mullet was not cool anymore! (I don't know many people that think the mullet was ever cool) :lol:

It don't matter how good they make ESPN, Madden will alwayz out-sell it 10 to 1........so stop trying to convince me and the other folks who love Madden to buy ESPN.

For those of you who like ESPN, get it. In the meantime, those of us who enjoy Madden will make our usual trek to the local videogame store and wait in a long line praying to walk away with a copy on release day.

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

Has anyone noticed that most of the Maddenites responses are:

ESPN looks cool, but I'm still getting Madden....

No logic whatsoever! They're like Billy Ray Cyrus who refused to believe that the mullet was not cool anymore! (I don't know many people that think the mullet was ever cool) :lol:

I disagree people are giving props to the things that espn does well. But then are saying they will not buy it.

Its jsut the same as saying man that car looks nice but i wouldnt buy it.

And at least Maddenites give ESPN some gratitude, espners bash madden period. There are never any compliments. You would never here a espner say owner mode was tight but i prefer espn, they will simply say madden sucks.

:2cents:

dont get me wrong madden is a very good game i just think espn is a lot better i was adicted to madden for a long time when i got dreamcast i had no choice but to choose nfl2k(espn) it turned out to be better so i stuck with it when i got xbox i still play ever madden game the franchise is a lot of fun but i do not enjoy playing the actual game to me i dont get the nfl feal if madden becomes better i will buy madden i am atached to espn because in my opinion it is by far the best game and keeps getting better

This is the new "Kellen Winslow or Sean Taylor" thread.

Seems a new one pops up every day.

(For the sake of disclosure, I'm a longtime Maddenite. Will probably get ESPN for PS2 this year, though - just to switch it up. I play Madden on the computer and always get NCAA for PS2. That is my favorite game.)

The reason I hated ESPN for so long was because the playcalling system was retarded. If you were playing a friend, unless you disguised it, he could basically see what you were running. It's good to hear they finally adapted a Madden style playcalling system.

I will give ESPN a try this year. The running game in football videogames is key for me though, so if I don't like that, I will stick with Madden.

Don't think for a second that in the past ESPN and 2kx haven't had their issues. I remember back in the day it was impossible to get receivers to hold on to the ball, the running game was quirky, etc. Visual Concepts has come a long way. The competition between EA and Visual concepts is good for everyone because they are both constantly raising the bar. In the end, the gamer wins out.

Originally posted by VT Shockoe Joe

This is the new "Kellen Winslow or Sean Taylor" thread.

Seems a new one pops up every day.

(For the sake of disclosure, I'm a longtime Maddenite. Will probably get ESPN for PS2 this year, though - just to switch it up. I play Madden on the computer and always get NCAA for PS2. That is my favorite game.)

lol, or the Udeze vs Harris vs Taylor thread

Archived