Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy Fan here:

TheKey

This is a nice board with some intelligent football minds on it.

I am joining from the Cowboys board and WILL try to be civil and contribute to the board.

That doesnt mean I wont disagree, because I will. But I wont ramp and Spam and cause trouble.

You guys refused to spam when that loser came over here asking for help to trash our board and I like that.

I look forward to talking with you guys!

I think Portis is overrated coming from Denver but should be better than Trung.

Brunell was a good upgrade.

Your D will be the deciding factor to your sucess.

I see you guys going 8-8, 9-7 and finishing 3rd behind Dallas (11-5), and Philly (12-4).

The Giants will go 4-12

Thanks,

TheKey

Welcome to the board.

As long as you arent a troll, you will fit in nicely here.

Tidbit of advice, If you are going to argue, know your stuff, or it will be a verbal assault on you.

Have fun, good luck, except vs. the Redskins of course.

Welcome. Feel free to disagree, just dont be disagreeable and we will all get along fine as football fans.

How anyone can call a RB "overrated" who has 1500 yards EVERY season he has been in the league is wishful thinking, Key.

Add him to one of the best O-line coaches AND the ONLY Coach to win a SB with 3 different RBs and 3 different QBs AND be a member of the HOF.... well I would be rather intimidated if I was a fan of a different NFC East team.

As a Pokes fan, I certainly wouldnt be too intimidated though... Parcells is one of the few HCs to have a winning record against Gibbs, so the matchups this year should be far more worthy of what used to be the greatest rivalry in sports.

Then again, I could get used to winning 12 of the next 13 over the Pokes just to even things up a bit :)

Originally posted by Blade

Welcome. Feel free to disagree, just dont be disagreeable and we will all get along fine as football fans.

How anyone can call a RB "overrated" who has 1500 yards EVERY season he has been in the league is wishful thinking, Key.

Add him to one of the best O-line coaches AND the ONLY Coach to win a SB with 3 different RBs and 3 different QBs AND be a member of the HOF.... well I would be rather intimidated if I was a fan of a different NFC East team.

As a Pokes fan, I certainly wouldnt be too intimidated though... Parcells is one of the few HCs to have a winning record against Gibbs, so the matchups this year should be far more worthy of what used to be the greatest rivalry in sports.

Then again, I could get used to winning 12 of the next 13 over the Pokes just to even things up a bit :)

Pretty much ditto what the man said.

Welcome aboard. Don’t worry about disagreeing with what we have to say here. Even fellow Skins fans don’t always agree on everything that is said here.

As long as you’re here to talk football and not just talk trash, you will be welcomed here.

Welcome aboard.

I too think that "overrated" may be a bit harsh for a running back with back to back 1500 yard seasons. Maybe unproven in the NFC East would be more accurate; however, whether unproven or not, I still think that Portis will outgain Julius out there in Dallas.

Originally posted by ZkinsFan

go to hell cowgirl..

You know it takes balls for an opposing teams fan to post on this site but it also takes balls for a member of said site to flame that persons first post for no good reason..

Perhaps you should read this thread before posting again

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=24

Specifically this passage

10. No trolling. Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite people.

Denver does have a strong history with the running game, no matter who is at RB. However, Portis definitely has the moves and skills, and Terrell Davis endorsed him as being a big-time talent, which speaks volumes to me. The Skin's O-line has a lot of potential with some decent coaching now in Joe Bugel, but it still remains to be seen whether they can get it done. That said, I definitely wouldn't bet against Portis dominating on the ground this year. It ain't a gimme, but it ain't a stretch either.

Always glad to have intelligent football heads on board...Welcome.......

However............What has your team done in the offseason that would make you think that you'll finish second in the NFC B-East

Every team in the division has had solid upgrades. Honestly Me-Shawn Johnson doenst scare me one bit.....I'm actually glad galloway is gone because he was alot more dangerous downfield

Marcellus Whiney..is good but his time has past he may have one or two years left..so I'd like to know your rational your rankings.

Portis overrated? The guy has 3000 yards in his first two seasons, not only is he more agile than any back the skins have had and he cuts better than most backs in the league.

Sounds to me like you and NY will be fighting for that bottom spot in the belly of the B-East

Originally posted by Oldskool

You know it takes balls for an opposing teams fan to post on this site but it also takes balls for a member of said site to flame that persons first post for no good reason..

Perhaps you should read this thread before posting again

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=24

Specifically this passage

10. No trolling. Do not post messages that are inflammatory and serve solely to incite people.

In other words...what you should have said was "Go to heck cowboy."

jk of course

Welcome Key! Even though you're a Cowboy fan and it'll be very rare occasion in which you'll agree with someone on this board, you'll enjoy it here.

Portis overrated??

Care to explain?

Dallas 11-5??

Care to explain?

Thanks guys,

If you look back at Denvers running backs they can insert anyone and have a good game (see Griffin).

Don't get me wrong, Portis is a very good back, I can see him getting 1,300 yards this year, but playing against Dallas twice will put a dent in his totals.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming me, and the village idiots don't bother me, we have some at the Cowboys board too.

This board has a bunch of features, kinda cool.

Welcome

I don't think portis is overated. I don't know if he will gain 1500 yards in the NFC east, I am thinkig more like 1200.

I am curious about how you feel about the Cowboys running game, do you feel comfortable with a rookie as your primary back. Also was you upset when Dallas passed on Steven Jackson.

And concerning Dallas:

We have an easy schedual, please dont flame for this becuase I could be wrong:

Skins- 2 wins

Giants- 2 wins

Philly- 1 win

Thats 5 right there, then we have some easy home games like Pittsburgh and cleveland.

Yes, at first I was mad about the SJ trade.

But the more time goes on I like the 4.38 speed and work ethic of JJ. He should be good this year. Can't get much worse than T-Ham. I can see 1,000 yards or so this year.

As for Quincy, he will be much improved. Same offensive system for 2 years with Sean Payton. Better running game and better O-Line. Also, Keyshawn will fight for balls that Galloway wouldn't

I don't think Henson is ready YET, but I think he will be a good one.

Thanks again for welcoming me.

Giants Fan,

Why do you have Yankee flags in your sig then one with a yankee symbol with a line through it?:laugh:

Welcome, Cowboy fan. Enjoy the site!

I also would like to hear your opinion on the Cowboys' offseason acquisitions. It seems to me that the Tuna must be pretty confident about his squad and maybe he thinks "less is more" for this coming season. In other words, he may feel that just keeping last year's squad together will give the team more in continuity and comfort than shaking up the picture with new free agents and trades, thus ruining the groove they got into last year. Do you agree?

Originally posted by TheKey

And concerning Dallas:

Skins- 2 wins

Giants- 2 wins

Philly- 1 win

Thats 5 right there, then we have some easy home games like Pittsburgh and cleveland.

Im sorry dude but youre off your bloody rocker if you think that the Boys will sweep the Skins.

Dallas took everyone by surprise last year but it wont happen again. Your team (and everyone else) will be lucky to break .500 in the division.

I agree to some extinct. I believe the Tuna is happy with his team except for a Vet QB and a CB. We got an improved pass rush which will take some pressure off the corners, and a good RB. Also a possession reciever with Key that will fight for the ball, something Gallowaste never did. I am not saying by any means that the Cowboys are the best ever, im not one to be stupid, but we should make the Playoffs this year with our easy schedual. Heck, lets join forces and put Philly on their asses on the bottom of the east!!!

Oldskool, are you saying that Dallas will be sub .500 and the Skins won't? I agree to disagree, the Skins will grow and get better but will be ready in 05.

Originally posted by TheKey

And concerning Dallas:

Skins- 2 wins

Giants- 2 wins

Philly- 1 win

Define flame? You mean prove you wrong?

Sept. 12 at Minnesota 4:15 p.m.

Sept. 19 Cleveland 4:15 p.m.

Sept. 27 at Washington 9:00 p.m.

Oct. 3 Open Date

Oct. 10 New York Giants 1:00 p.m.

Oct. 17 Pittsburgh 4:15 p.m.

Oct. 24 at Green Bay 4:15 p.m.

Oct. 31 Detroit 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 7 at Cincinnati 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 15 Philadelphia 9:00 p.m.

Nov. 21 at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.

Nov. 25 Chicago 4:15 p.m.

Dec. 6 at Seattle 9:00 p.m.

Dec. 12 New Orleans 1:00 p.m.

Dec. 19 at Philadelphia 1:00 p.m.

Dec. 26 Washington 4:15 p.m.

Jan. 2 at New York Giants 8:30 p.m.

Break it down now...

1-5 against teams with a winning record last season. Home opener IN Minnesota. After getting embarrased in the season finale by the Cards last year, do you really believe they're going to let you waltz in and take their home opener? I don't beleive they'd let anyone take that game, not even us.

And beat US in our house on MNF?! You've lost your mind! But you're still cool in my book, we'd just rather die then let you get that one. You'd have to be pretty bold to even consider putting that up in the win column for ya'll.

At Green Bay? At Seattle? Shoot, Philly? You remember Philly blew ya'll out 36-10 when you played them in their house last year, right? I'd be suprised if you even got away with a win IN Cincinati.

Fact is, no one(except maybe the Gaints) are getting swept by any in this division this year. Not even us. That's pretty confident of you to go out and say 5-1 in the division this year, seeing that your the only team in the division right now that really hasn't changed at all personel wise. Both Philly and us have improved and will have a winning record, and like I pointed out, you went 1-5 against teams with a winning record.

Not trying to be mean here, more like breaking you in. :) No one gets a free pass to say something like that and not get challenged on it. Not even me. :)

Welcome to extremeskins...

I'm with Blade how can a back that has been in the league 2 years with 3000 yards be overrated? Portis missed 3 games last year and still had 1500. I think he's a little better then Jones is for you guys. Gibbs will make us a playoff team with the talent we have but best wishes on the 7-9 or 8-8. You guys need a QB and a RB and played over your heads last year.

Archived