Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I had a vision, people!!! (Super bowl Prediciton!)

Renegade7

(brought to you by the same kid who lost a bet promising that the Skins would draft Winslow, Jr. :doh: I'll do it myself. :doh: :doh: :doh: )

This is it. Put me on record for saying it. Call me insane, mental, send me to childrens hospital. I've had a vision, I tell you. I've seen the future, and it looks soooo pretty. In a way...

Redskins host NFC Conference Championship game against... The Seattle Seahawks. Yes, I SAID IT!!!

Redskins play in superbowl 39 against, the New England Patriots. And lose...

I said it. Brand it on my forearm, for I have seen the light! Take that, you stupid swami!

:fortune:

Lose to the Pats! You are crazy. :)

We beat them last year convincingly with Spurrier. Despite the score, the game wasn't all that close.

I'm would never bet against Gibbs in a Superbowl.

Originally posted by fwo40

Oh to dream....hopefully the reality will not be much worse....but as big a fan as I am...I can't see us in the Bowl soon. I'd be happy with a wildcard playoff appearance.

fwo, the crystal ball doesn't lie. :mad:

I looked at the scheduel we have this season and the more I thought about, the more I believed that we could come out of it with a winning season. Seattle, to me, is a very talented, well coached football team. If we don't go to the conference championship game, they will. But the ball doesn't lie, and from what I've seen so far the Patriots are the clear favorites to win the AFC crown once again. With more experince then us playoff wise, I believe we'll pull a Carolina and suprise everyone. I just don't believe we are ready for the Pats tho. :(

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

Lose to the Pats! You are crazy. :)

We beat them last year convincingly with Spurrier. Despite the score, the game wasn't all that close.

I'm would never bet against Gibbs in a Superbowl.

Like half of their starters were injuried that game, and the Pats haven't lost a game since. :doh: Sucks, doesn't it.

Originally posted by Renegade7

(brought to you by the same kid who lost a bet promising that the Skins would draft Winslow, Jr. :doh: I'll do it myself. :doh: :doh: :doh: )

This is it. Put me on record for saying it. Call me insane, mental, send me to childrens hospital. I've had a vision, I tell you. I've seen the future, and it looks soooo pretty. In a way...

Redskins host NFC Conference Championship game against... The Seattle Seahawks. Yes, I SAID IT!!!

I said it. Brand it on my forearm, for I have seen the light! Take that, you stupid swami!

:fortune:

Sounds like he wants to wear his dress again.

:laugh:

fwo, the crystal ball doesn't lie. :mad:

I looked at the scheduel we have this season and the more I thought about, the more I believed that we could come out of it with a winning season. Seattle, to me, is a very talented, well coached football team. If we don't go to the conference championship game, they will. But the ball doesn't lie, and from what I've seen so far the Patriots are the clear favorites to win the AFC crown once again. With more experince then us playoff wise, I believe we'll pull a Carolina and suprise everyone. I just don't believe we are ready for the Pats tho. :(

I want to believe, everyone wants to believe....but just as you mentioned Carolina, there could be any number of teams beside us that play bigger than they are and shock the league.

We are team that will gel slowly I think b/c of all the change. By the end of the year we will get in the playoffs, but we aren't polished enough to go the whole way.

Plus, your crystal ball probably sees an injury free season...pretty optimistic with guys like Springs, Portis, and a curiously slow recovering Coles being key parts of our team. I don't expect any of them to be gone for great lengths, but I do fear missing their 100% influence in certain situations.

Dream big, but be happy with reality....

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Sounds like he wants to wear his dress again.

:laugh:

Fate threw me a curve ball, and you know what, I'm glad it did. :doh: I wanted K2 bad, but deep down I just knew it wasn't going to happen.

Now, how lucky do I feel right now...;)

I want to believe, everyone wants to believe....but just as you mentioned Carolina, there could be any number of teams beside us that play bigger than they are and shock the league.

We are team that will gel slowly I think b/c of all the change. By the end of the year we will get in the playoffs, but we aren't polished enough to go the whole way.

Plus, your crystal ball probably sees an injury free season...pretty optimistic with guys like Springs, Portis, and a curiously slow recovering Coles being key parts of our team. I don't expect any of them to be gone for great lengths, but I do fear missing their 100% influence in certain situations.

Ah, that hurts. All three of those positions you mentioned are the deepest we have. RB, DB, and WR. Even if we lost them for a long period of time, which like you i seriously doubt will happen, it won't hurt us so bad. I can understand the gelling thing, but when you think about it two words come to mind: 2000 Ravens. :D

Like half of their starters were injuried that game, and the Pats haven't lost a game since. Sucks, doesn't it.

A few of their starters on defense were out. Their offense was still intact, and they had Harrison, Law, Brushki, and Willie McGinest still in. The only player lost from the starting lineup on defense was Ted Washington that I noticed.

I know Ted Washington was a big part of their success last year, but he is gone now anyway.

They killed the Eagles the week before they played us with the same lineup.

I still think we can take them next year if it comes to that.

Originally posted by FLSKINSFAN

A few of their starters on defense were out. Their offense was still intact, and they had Harrison, Law, Brushki, and Willie McGinest still in. The only player lost from the starting lineup on defense was Ted Washington that I noticed.

I know Ted Washington was a big part of their success last year, but he is gone now anyway.

They killed the Eagles the week before they played us with the same lineup.

I still think we can take them next year if it comes to that.

The thing about the Pats is that they always look like they can be taken. We did play a hard fought game against them last year (I was in the stands loving every minute of it), but the truth is...it was an early regular season contest. They were in a funk, and with the aforementioned injuries they were not the same team they grew to be.

The Pats are the defintion of the big game team...they always rise to the occasion...especially when they look vunerable. We had a hell of a regular season effort against them....in the Superbowl...I think it would be a different story.

The thing about the Pats is that they always look like they can be taken. We did play a hard fought game against them last year (I was in the stands loving every minute of it), but the truth is...it was an early regular season contest. They were in a funk, and with the aforementioned injuries they were not the same team they grew to be.

The Pats are the defintion of the big game team...they always rise to the occasion...especially when they look vunerable. We had a hell of a regular season effort against them....in the Superbowl...I think it would be a different story.

Exaclty. End of the game the Pats were driving on us. They didn't finish cuz we intercepted them, but like i said, they haven't lost a game since then.

Even if we get to the Super Bowl this year, which I whole heartedly believe that we will, I just don't believe that we'll be ready for the Pats. Not yet. Not now. But soon. :)

I think the Kurt Warner curse is going to hit Brady. I have no prof of course, but try and prove me wrong in May :)

I think that we are going to have a much better than expected season, but the Super Bowl is a reach. I don't worry about the Pats though, I think they are very beatable this season.

Remember the 2000 Ravens had Defense line, we do not. I still remember the game in which we beat the 2000 ravens. That was a good game. :)

Reality is we ended last season 5-11 with some really pisspoor play at the end. We didn't even show up for Dallas, much less play against them. I CAN'T be happy with reality! So, I too dare to dream.

When I look at this seasons schedule, I can see some serious wins. Check this out. Under Spurrier, we lost, what 7, 8 games by 7 points or less! And last season is looking to be a much tougher schedule than this seasons. Yes, new system for these players, but let's not forget the most improtant factor with the new/old regime: Respect! Not one of the coaches who have come thru here SINCE Gibbs & Co. left town have gotten the respect that they needed to run this team. Not on offense, defense, or special teams. If anything, it may be the ONLY thing we've got right now is the fact that not one of these players we have DON'T respect this coaching staff! How could they not? I'm not worried, I'm excited! I think about those 7 losses & think,"Now, if this was Gibbs' team what would have been different? Most of those games would NEVER have even been that close & we would have been in the playoffs!"

Dare to dream, folks, dare to dream. The Championship may not be right here, right now, but right around the corner works for me!

Renegade

Guess what? Your vision will be realized.

Trust me. I have seen what you speak of and I can see it and feel it and taste it. Is this not real?

Has not the Savior returned? Will he not lead us to the Promised Land?

Of course, he will. And the wandering in the desert of incompetent coaching that has lasted so long, shall come to an end. The Redskins are home---again. And we shall see glory restored.

HTTR!

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Renegade

Guess what? Your vision will be realized.

Trust me. I have seen what you speak of and I can see it and feel it and taste it. Is this not real?

Has not the Savior returned? Will he not lead us to the Promised Land?

Of course, he will. And the wandering in the desert of incompetent coaching that has lasted so long, shall come to an end. The Redskins are home---again. And we shall see glory restored.

HTTR!

I have one amen! Do I hear anotha? :jump: :jump: :jump:

HTTR, Baby!

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

Yusuf toss me a "switch", I'm going take this young fella out back....When we return, he'll be well adjusted.

the worst you could possible do is give me that stupid avatar again. :laugh: All in good fun Yusuf. All in good fun.:D

BTW ... when I find out which one of you nefarious bastids is Renegade 7's alter ago---and I will---I'm going to make sure you're permanently rewarded with the avatar to end all avatars. :)

Fate threw me a curve ball, and you know what, I'm glad it did. :doh: I wanted K2 bad, but deep down I just knew it wasn't going to happen.

Now, how lucky do I feel right now...;)

I have faith in the Redskins, and looking at our team right now, I'd say we're another year away from the Show. If you had said Super Bowl 40, I'd be on the bandwagon.

So if you want to, I'll be the first to jump on the other side, my wife says that I'd look good in a dress.

Archived