Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The worst friggin' dream.

Orangeskin I had the same kind of dream too a while back. It was the season opener and i missed the game. And I was really pissed. Then when I woke up I was relieved that I hadn't missed a game. And then pissed that it was a long time till the season starts.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

I had a dream last night I was in a foursome with Tonya Harding, Hillary Clinton, and Lorenna Bobbit. When I woke up, my leg was broken, my penis had been severed, and my health insurance had been cancelled.....

I'm not sure I agree with Renagade7 that you need help but I do think it would be wise if the next time you feel this dream coming on you make it a fivesome and include Martha Stewart who can sew your penis back on with a decorative cross stitch and create a cast for your leg out of paper mache made from basic kitchen ingredients and then give you some stock tips so you can afford to buy health insurance again.

Originally posted by Pocono

I'm not sure I agree with Renagade7 that you need help but I do think it would be wise if the next time you feel this dream coming on you make it a fivesome and include Martha Stewart who can sew your penis back on with a decorative cross stitch and create a cast for your leg out of paper mache made from basic kitchen ingredients and then give you some stock tips so you can afford to buy health insurance again.

That is funny, but noone would wake up with morning wood after that 5some.:laugh:

Originally posted by Dan T.

Freak, I feel for you, man, but don't read anything into it.

I don't mean to play I-Can-Top-That, but I had a dream last week that shook me up real bad:

I dreamt I awoke to news that Joe Gibbs had died.

When I really did awaken, in those first few seconds of consciousness I was in that fog where you're trying to sort dream from reality - what an awful feeling. Even though my head quickly cleared, it messed up my morning. Needless to say, I've banished the thought of reading anything into THAT.

Originally posted by manichispanic

Ive had that happen before, its wierd.

Wow, that really is weird because I had the same dream around draft time. The only difference was that (seriously, I'm not kidding, I really dreamt this) Dan Snyder had cloned Gibbs and when I heard the news in the dream, the media was trying to figure out which Gibbs had died. It was at that point that I woke up in a cold sweat. :( :(

Let's all hope and pray this was just something we ate or a sign that we're deeply disturbed.:paranoid:

i read a book on dreams once..and usually they mean the opposite....so you have nothing to worry about. you may fear another bad season or failure again...but having a dream of that nature usually means they will do well. so that book said.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Last night, I dreamt the Redskins still stunk.

I was watching a Skins game, from what I thought was the very beginning. We were playing Atlanta. I remember being really excited about finally seeing Gibbs in action. Just then, the Skins get 7 on the board...

But...

I did not see the score. Just then, I noticed that we were trailing the Falcons, 41-7!!!! And it was the first quarter!!! I then woke up in a cold sweat, and after balling like a 6 yr old school-girl, I curled up into the fetal position and started sucking my thumb.

What does it all mean? Does it mean that Snyder and his efforts have tarnished this organization beyond all redemption? Does it mean that even if Joe Gibbs comes in and does his stuff, will he still be under the thumb of Snyder's inability to create a winning formula?

I'll say this- if Gibbs cannot get this thing off the ground, DC will call for Snyder's head...because he will be the blame for this team.

Here's what I really think this dream was about- insecurity. The insecurity created by years and years of putting my faith, time, and energy into a mediocre team. And that's natural, I think.

I do think that Gibbs, and all his ideals and philosophies,will translate to victories on the field. I'm just a little nervous.

So...I open this up to the board!

A little analysis:

1) you thought you were watching from the beginning:

Shows dislocated disorientation, which is not knowing where one is without knowing that one is not where one thinks one is. In this case, you have those feelings because you believe that Gibbs will turn the team around, but so far this off season you have not seen anything different that the last 3 off seasons. You are confused and dazed.

Treatment: Repeat the following phrase: "It's all different now."

2) The score is 41 to 7, still in the first quarter:

Reveals tendancies towards over-reaction and panic.

The game has barely begun. In your dream game, Gibbs has not even had the chance to make his famous half-time adjustments.

The same is true in real-life; they've had two mini camps so far - that is 6 practices.

Treatment: Don't Panic! Repeat the following phrase: "It's all different now."

3) You believe that the dream is about insecurity and the fear that Snyder will never be able to create a winner no matter what.

Self analysis is rarely accurate or helpful, but the true meaning of the dream is revealed in your later statements: You are afraid that YOU have wasted YOUR time and efforts.

So, it's all about YOU, isn't it?

You then state that you think this insecurity is natural and try to sweep the whole thing aside by saying you are just nervous. Again, it is all about YOU. You wanted an entire thread that is dedicated

to YOU (You wanted a whole lot of people to talk to you),

about YOU (You wanted a whole lot of people to talk to you, about you),

and for YOU (You wanted a whole lot of people to pay attention to you under the guise of calming your fears).

On the other hand, I could be completly full of crap and just needed something to do. :doh:

I had a dream once, that I was eating ribs, and I had a piece of meat stuck in my teeth, and when I pulled on my tooth, it came loose along with the gum/top of my mouth, and as I pulled it all kept coming out with ease. This dream shook me up so bad that when I woke up into the daze we all get, I started feeling the inside of my mouth to make sure the dream was just a dream.

ok, ok, ok, this happens, these dreams ya' know and like uh,

well, they are actually nightmares that are in reverse -

This is symbolic, because that dream was just the opposite-

Its going to be a great year! :wavetowel party baby! :dj:

Archived