Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth a Redskin?

Splurging on guys like this that get into trouble and dont help that much is how we get into serious salary cap trouble, so far we've spent our money on good people.

We should stay away from him unless Gibbs talks with him and feels he can control him.

Other than that, our current D Line will have to do.

Again, it all comes down to cost v rewards. First off I'll say that i don't really now how good this guy is.

If he's good and we can et him for cheap............let's do it. When i say cheap, i mean NO draft picks and a reasonable salary. I woud imagine that the new team would have the advantage bargaining.

You guys are funny. Anytime a newsbit about some random d-linemen comes out you are tripping over yourselves to see if we can get him.

Let's calm down. We have some defensive linemen that need to prove themselves and are hungry. True, we won't have a pro-bowler or some 18 sack guy but that's ok. Williams will work with our guys.

I'm happy with the pickups we've had on defense. With the new LB's, Bowen back to SS, Taylor causing some problems, and the pickups along the edges and line, I think we will be ok.

We might not have a top 5 defense yet, but we should be in the 7-15 range. That will be a big improvement from last season and should be enough to get us in the hunt for the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind having him, but wouldn't give up much more than a mid-round draft pick to get him with news of potential character issues. The Titans would be stupid to part with him for that price (and even more stupid to release him), so it's unlikely that he's going anywhere.

I'd like to see Gibbs and Williams sit down and talk to him and feel this out for a little bit. He certainly has enough upside that we ought to take that step.

As it currently stands, we can't collapse the pocket. He could be a force next to Griffin. And while Williams will find ways to get to the QB with our LBs, a strong d-line creates more options for him.

It begins and ends on the line, so we SHOULD be feeling out every potential starter that might be available there.

Let's get him, hell we had Dexter Manley and look how well he played. Gibbs commands a much higher respect from players because he has a way of dealing with them. The one thing I don't know for sure is just how good this guy could be.

change of scenary might be what haynesworth needs but it would be a huge gamble in my opinion to sign this guy being that he had disrespected one of the best coaches and a players coach at that in jeff fisher pick hugh douglas up sign him to a 1 year deal i dont think gibbs will want this pain in the ass on his team

I wouldn't be opposed to talking with him, but my question is if he won't drive a few hours to practice with Tenn, what makes anyone think he'll come all the way to DC to learn a new defense? At least in Tenn he already knows the system. He could miss all of the offseason workouts and still do well if he kept in shape at home. He would have to spend a lot more time away from home if he switched teams.

Originally posted by Butz65

Hmmmm.....anyone remember Dexter Manley?

Why is it that every time a questionable character is discussed somebody brings up Dexter? It's been a long time so my memory could be failing me, but I don't remember Dexter ever missing practices or that sort of thing. Dexter liked to party and it got him in trouble, especially after he left football, but I don't remember it effecting his play on the field. Am I wrong about this?

bird_1972 you say mcnair is one of the classiest acts in the nfl but do you not remember him getting arrested last year for DUI. yea what a guy if he had killed someone like leonard little did maybe we would look at him different. I am not questioning his ability or toughness, I'm just saying he is not so classy. He was also kind of laughing/smirking when he made his comments so I think he was probably just saying what the leader of a team is supposed to say. I wouldn't mind picking up haynesworth.

Originally posted by GSF

Why is it that every time a questionable character is discussed somebody brings up Dexter? It's been a long time so my memory could be failing me, but I don't remember Dexter ever missing practices or that sort of thing. Dexter liked to party and it got him in trouble, especially after he left football, but I don't remember it effecting his play on the field. Am I wrong about this?

Joe Gibbs has told stories about Dexter's behavior during his time as a Redskin. The major difference between then and now is that the media scrutinizes every action now. While Riggo was seen as having flamboyance in his day he would be vilified as a bad role model today.

Archived