Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants fans I overheard...

miragv

I was at the gym and a group of guys next to me were discussing the whole Eli Manning trade. They were big Giants fans and one said it was good while the other said it was bad because they would be giving up a top 5 pick next year. The other 2 jumped on him for saying that and he defended himself by describing how tough the NFC East was.

When he got to the Skins he said we made some 'major crucial moves' and when his friends said we do that every year, he just uttered "Joe Gibbs." The look on one of the guys was priceless!! He actually had a look of fear on his face!! He then asked who the O-coordinator would be, and the guy replied "Joe Gibbs", and the other two just said "S***." That was all I needed to hear and I walked away.

.....................They are scared............

:cheers:

Originally posted by Die Hard

It just goes to show you... though every team seeks its "franchise QB" and how difficult they are to find. True "franchise coaches" are more rare.

So rare that retired coaches had to unretire.

Amen.

:cheers:

You know just reading this thread put a smile on my face:cool:thanks guys I need that

Tom~

I don't care if its fear, respect, or what ever you want to call it, you can't look at the schedule in April and count the two Washington games a win anymore

:point2sky::wavetowel

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I don't think it is fear or being scared when they were talking about Gibbs. It was respect.

I agree. I live in the heart of Cowboys/Chiefs country and I sense alot of respect now that Gibbs is coach. The last few years has been rough having to listen to Cowboy fans rag on Spurrier and the fun & gun and tell me they are not worried about us but now they are not talking so much.

Granted, they still talk trash, but they are taking the wait and see approach this year.

Tis not fear that I feel It is a since of respect and I hate to say it but a since of pride for the NFC East that gibbs is back. I am sure you guys felt somewhat the same when the tuna came to us. It just upped the ante for MNF.

Originally posted by Die Hard

It just goes to show you... though every team seeks its "franchise QB" and how difficult they are to find. True "franchise coaches" are more rare.

So rare that retired coaches had to unretire.

enough said this thread can now be shut down:notworthy

Originally posted by miragv

When he got to the Skins he said we made some 'major crucial moves' and when his friends said we do that every year, he just uttered "Joe Gibbs." The look on one of the guys was priceless!! He actually had a look of fear on his face!! He then asked who the O-coordinator would be, and the guy replied "Joe Gibbs", and the other two just said "S***." That was all I needed to hear and I walked away.

.....................They are scared............

:laugh: :laugh:

I love it! A buddy of mine from college is a big Giants fan and ever since Gibbs came back the level of sh!t talking from him has seriously declined.

They are damn scared...

Its not the reation of other team's fans that's the most telling...its the reaction of Skins fans. For the first time in years I am looking forward to the season with some reasonable expectations instead of fantasy illusions. I am discussing the Redskins without using well worn excuses. I finally have reality based hope. Thank you Joe Gibbs...and thank you Dan Snyder for making it possible.

Archived