Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Eli will be a Bust!

Reaganaut

Blitz... Blitz... Blitz...

No offensive line. Toughest coach in the league. Panty wearing rookie who lets his daddy do his bidding. Legendary big brother with a huge shadow. Nastiest fans outside of Philthy who will turn on him after two interceptions in one game. Eli will be the next Heath Shuler (well, almost.)

:tongue:

Tom, it's gonna really hurt when the boo birds come out in the Meadowlands... Shockey will hang the rookie up by his tightie whities on a hook in the locker room and he will go crying home to his daddy. It's gonna get very bad in New York and it will be nice to watch. There will be calls to get Parcells back. Vodka Collins will get hurt and Heath will be starting by mid season. Watch and weep.

I said it the last few days when everyone on this board was all over his jock....

He is way way way overrated. Sean Taylor and Lavar are going to be looking for him baby. I am happy he went to the Giants. Know I can go from disliking him to hating him.

Hang in there TomGiantsfan,

Just as Quincy Carter, Donovan McNabb, Collins were able to keep going, the Manning factor will eventually show bigtime. I've seen what he can do, without the luxury of a great line and receiving corps.

For whatever reason he or his daddy decided not to be in SD, it will not affect his play. Not sucking up to you, just the facts. Even if our D was all over him, it makes guys better eventually. We had Rypien, Monk an Green who had to compete against your Giants 2x a year and it elevated their play with guys you had like Simms, Taylor, Carson and Hamilton.

Heath Shuler was a "sure thing" too. Remember all the hype that surrounded him and Trent Dilfer? The attention on Eli will be unforgiving. When he stumbles he will be compared to Payton and that glare could blind him. As a QB in his dad's shadow with a big brother like Payton, it's going to be very tough.

This probably sounds stupid but I think the law of averages simply works against Eli Manning. It's rare enough for some of the highly touted top ten QB picks to work out so the chance of the Manning brothers being equally good just doesn't seem very high.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Oh please. So I can just as easily say that Sean Taylor is going to be a bust.

Eli has all the tools and talent. HE RULES!!!! Take it back!!!! :nana:

How about this................

Eli Manning is gonna GET BUSTED on a safety blitz by Sean Taylor :D

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

To TomGiantsFan:

I think that Eli will be a great QB for the Giants.

My question to you:

Did the Giants overpay for Eli? It seems to me that they gave up an awful lot of picks. Especially when they need help on the OL.

What is your opinion?

:cheers:

IronMike,

No, I don't think the Giants over paid. I did not want to give up this year's second for anything. In place, they gave up next year's one. Considering the Chargers originally wanted this year's second, next year's second, and Ike Hilliard, I think the Giants did well waiting. Next year's first looks like a lot but it is less than originally was asked for.

I consider this year's second almost a first rounder. After the Giants make their second round pick and they get what is probably going to be an impact player, I'll feel even better.

Add the fact that Manning has franchise QB for the next 10-15 years written all over him, it was well worth it.

The Giants can do what the Skins have done. They can use free agency as their draft next year. Sign one major free agent in their biggest need that they would have used their first round pick on and all is fine with the football world for a Giants fan.

Originally posted by laurent

This probably sounds stupid but I think the law of averages simply works against Eli Manning. It's rare enough for some of the highly touted top ten QB picks to work out so the chance of the Manning brothers being equally good just doesn't seem very high.

It is not odds, it is genetics. It is not a coincidence that Petyton is great and his dad was, or that KW2 is goin to light it up and his dad did, it is inherited.

Tom, so the Giants under Coughlin are now going to be willing to step up in the free agent marketplace and sign some players? :)

Your strategy would work well if I had that confidence. Maybe Coughlin got that commitment from the FO before he took the job, however, the past tells me the Giants look for guys in that second tier of free agency and never are in pursuit of the top guys.

The Giants offensive line is poor. It is the biggest reason the early season last year was a disappointment.

The Giants have quality skill position players but are behind their East brethren in what they have up front on the OL.

Archived