Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade Samuels,Gardner,Betts or (trung) &2005 2nd rounder for Chargers 1st?

michael_33

My scenario may be too much or too little as far as draft value,but it does appear quite fair of a trade....

I mean after all...Samuels was a high 1st and Gardner was a middle 1st...Betts was a 2nd and/or trung was a 1st round bust....and of course a future 2nd rounder...(appears fair to me)at the least to them...!

I would guess we could or would grab Gallary with that Chargers pick to replace Samuels....

Leaving Eli still on the board...And knowing Gallary would not have been had we waited for the 5th pick...

The reason why this is interesting is because we get a guy (Gallary) who the redskins appear to be very interested in (new HOG)

Leaving our original 5th pick on Sean Taylor OR......

Trading down to either get Winslow JR,Wilfork or even any of the really good DT's/DE's to choose from....

This would open up salarycap for the team to sign these guys without creating holes to the team ASSUMING that Gallery is not a bust....!

We would still have Coles,McCants and Jacobs and even thrash at the Wideout spots (not including a Winslow JR...)?

And RB's with Portis (betts or trung)Sultan....Rock and even Chad morton....

So the reason why I entertain this trade is because Gallary will probably be gone before #5....

And there's no guarantee that Taylor will be on the board at #5 either....Giants could very well grab him or someone could trade up to get him as well (like texans or browns or whoever...)

By doing the trade we wouldn't lose out on Both Gallery and Taylor and Sittin' at #5 reaching for a DT/DE for using it on Winslow which I think is too high for him...IMO...?

But with Gallery on Board....If someone were to trade up for Taylor,this would leave 2 blue chip QB's and 2 Wr's on the board to negotiate a trade down....Surely we would have some takers...?

Example...

1)skins=Gallery

2)Raiders=Eli or Roy williams

3)Fitzgerald

4)Could be anyone...Taylor,trade down or whatever...?

5)Skins.....That leaves alot of possibilities...

We could take winslow right here...or while having Big Ben on the board....Trade down and see if Winslow is still on the board....

And if not...go after wilfork,Harris,Udezi or smith....

That is what I would do...!But of course I'm not the GM...!

They wouldn't do that.

The Chargers reported asking price of the Giants is the #4 pick, a second rounder this year, a second rounder next year, and at least one more pick in the third or fourth rounds. All just to move up three spots.

It doesn't matter when players were picked, because the draft is a gamble. All that matters is their performance since the draft, and the potential upside as seen by talent evaluators. Gardner is a middle-of-the-road #2 receiver, worth a early third-round pick at best. Samuels would have been worth a early-to-mid first rounder a few years ago, but his last two seasons were subpar; we'd be lucky to get a mid-late first rounder for him.

Why wouldn't they do that..?Ken?

Even though they are losing their 1st rounder,leaving us with 2...

They still have their 2nd rounder..And their Aquiring Probowl OT Samuels,1st round selected Gardner,and up-and-coming RB in Betts or previous 1st rounder Trung...As well as a 2nd round pick in 2005....

Why would a team pass up on filling 2 positions with probowl talented players in Gardner and Samuels...Add a backup RB behind Tomlinson and next years 2nd rounder for the price of 1 Boom or bust player...And an ELI fiasco...?

Absolutely, and then I would trade down with the Giants to the #4 in exchange for their 2nd rounders this year and next.

Draft Gallery and Taylor in the 1st, and either DL or TE in the 2nd.

We need to get rid of Samuels anyway to avoid cap hell, so all we're really giving up is Gardner and a backup RB.

Why would a team pass up on filling 2 positions with probowl talented players in Gardner and Samuels...
Gardner is not a Pro bowl player. He doesn't hold a candle to the top WR prospects in this draft.

Good Call rigitoni!!!

I didn't see the trade down to the giants with having that chargers 1st...

Giants would take ELI for sure...

Raiders would take Roy williams more than likely

Cardinals and Denny green have been wanting Fitzy since forever...!

leaving us with the 4th and 5th picks....

Can you say Gallery and Taylor back-to-back?

Good call riggo-toni!!

OH...And we would get the giants 2nd this year and next...

Making up for the 2nd we would have givin' to the chargers in the trade...

So your right...All in all...We really just lose Gardner and Betts/or trung....and I'm sure not gonna cry about that....

Gallery shoud be a hog cause he's a monster and Taylor is Ken Houston reincarnated...

No way Gallery is in DC. Doesn't make sense. If he's there at #5 along with Taylor and Winslow....we draft down a few spots and let somebody like Cleveland take him. Even if its just for a 3rd rounder. If they want Gallery and we only move down 2 spots...we'll get either Taylor or Winslow. That's win win.....now with an extra 3rd rounder.

Well Bufford...I'm not 100% sold that we will Take KW2...With all this agent talk and everything...?

I think he may still be on our board of prospect to select,but I don't think He's the primary choice...

I think Taylor and Gallery are on their minds...I also think they may be interested in wilfork as well....Only time will tell...!

The Chargers are more than Eli Manning away from being competetive. If I were Marty, I would ask for Samuels, Gardner, Ramsey along with next year's #2. Three starters in lieu of one guy who would sit most of his rookie year would help San Diego quite a bit.

As a Skins fan I wouldn't want to see it happen but that's probably what it would take in order to get Gallery and Winslow or Taylor.

I really think trading up is a bad idea right now.

The Chargers would not do this, in my opinion. They could trade down and probably get Gallery and a WR that is better than Gardner, who people here need to recognize, is very average as a #2 wide out. And why would they want Betts or Canidate...I mean, they'd probably take them as back ups to Tomlinson, but they woudln't give up something to get them.

And why would the Redskins do this? Giving up a second roudn draft pcik next year, someone who is a likely starter, and a receiver, and a back up running back to upgrade at tackel from good to great?

This idea...awful...

Originally posted by michael_33

Well Bufford...I'm not 100% sold that we will Take KW2...With all this agent talk and everything...?

I think he may still be on our board of prospect to select,but I don't think He's the primary choice...

I think Taylor and Gallery are on their minds...I also think they may be interested in wilfork as well....Only time will tell...!

Gallery would only happen if we had another high 1st rounder.....and we traded Samuels.

Why would San Diego want Betts? I could see them trading their 2nd rounder for Gardner....hell, I'd throw Trotter in for free just to get him out of here.

Gallery will not be a Skin....even if you shifted him inside to play guard.

GB81....READ riggo-tonies reply....

If we traded down to the giants so they would get ELI...We would recieve a 2nd rounder this year and next year....

Making up for the 2nd we sent to the Chargers...and having a 2nd this year that we don't have....

We lose Samuels,Gardner,Betts or (trung) Basically?

we add a 2nd this year that we didn't have....for whoever!

We aquire Gallery and Sean Taylor...

Originally posted by manichispanic

2 straight pro bowls, 1 under spurrier......

Last year was a fluke

Backup manich he's a pro-bowl reserve. He was named to the pro-bowl 2 years ago 5 days before the game. I just can't figure out how Samuals made pro-bowl and Jansen didn't. Jansen is better than Samuals IMO

I'd give up Samuals...but maybe for a good Taco Bell combo meal, not just a sandwich:D

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Absolutely, and then I would trade down with the Giants to the #4 in exchange for their 2nd rounders this year and next.

Draft Gallery and Taylor in the 1st, and either DL or TE in the 2nd.

We need to get rid of Samuels anyway to avoid cap hell, so all we're really giving up is Gardner and a backup RB.

Exactly what I would do.

Archived