Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top Linbackers in The NFl.

I'd have to agree. LaVar has had a very subpar, non game-changing past couple of years. I would probably put him around #10 or so right now...

And what the heck was Seau doing in that one list? Sure 7 years ago he was the man, not now though. He's maybe top 30 now... if that.

Originally posted by BleedB&G4life

Here's my top ten list:

1) Lewis

2) Brooks

3) Arrington

4) Urlacher

5) Spikes

6) Peterson

7) Poter (Joey)

8) Boulware

9) Seau

10) Cowart (Sam)

Honorable nominees` Jason Gildon, Zach Thomas etc.

Where's Kendrell Bell? He has more tackles to his name than Arrington. While I really like Arrington, I think we (Redskin fans), look more at his potential in regards to rating him than his actual numbers. When you look at his numbers, he's alright. Just alright, but when you look at his potential he could be Ray Lewis.

Originally posted by Golgo-13

1) Lewis (maybe the best EVER)

2) Brooks (outstanding and very athletic)

3) Urlacher (very versitile)

4) Arrington (very athletic but freelances a little too much)

5) Spikes (great LB on a great defense last season)

I tend to agree with this order, BUT...I am a little skeptical to put Brooks before Urlacher. Brooks is aging, and Urlacher is just entering his prime, two years ago Brooks was the better backer, but I think Urlacher has a step up on him now.

Another name you cannot forget is Zach Thomas. Still up there. For those of you saying Julian Peterson, he is highly overrated in my books. I still wish Derrick Thomas didn't pass away, because although Ray Lewis is great, I believe if Derrick was still here we wouldn't be considering Lewis the greatest of all time, but instead ONE OF the greatest. Thomas was a class act in every aspect and his presence on the field changed every aspect of the opposing offense, same with Ray Lewis and LT, but still, I am a Derrick Thomas mark.

I never thought Derrick Thomas was that great. He was an awesome pass rusher, and was probably the closest to LT in that regard than any other LB. Yet I think he was merely average at all other aspects of his game. Like coverage and run defense.

Derrick Brooks may be getting up there in age, but he's the best cover LB in the whole league. He doesn't make mistakes on the field AT ALL. He's a sure tackler, and great chasing down ballcarriers. I love his game. He's definitely second behind Ray Lewis, I really can't think of anyone else that should be ahead of him.

Urlacher is the most overrated linebacker in the league. I feel Lavar is overrated too, but isn't treated like he's next great thing, Urlacher is. He had a great rookie season, when he had two, big defensive linemen plugging up the middle and keeping blockers off him. Now that they are gone, he's quality of play went down big time. Now he's still making tackles, but their way downfield. He doesn't shed blockers well, and that isn't good for a MLB.

Originally posted by Redskinswhoopass

1. Ray Lewis: This guy is a animal. He contuies to play the way he plays he could be the best ever.

2. Lavar Arrington: Everyone knows why he is

3.Brian U.: Just plain nasty.

4. K.Brooking

5.T.Spikes

I have to agree

1. Ray Lewis

2. Ray Lewis

3. Ray Lewis

4. Ray Lewis

5. Ray Lewis

Ray exceeds most players in the NFL in heart and talent. I'm not saying this because I am a Ravens fan, this guy plays the game at a different level than anyone I have ever seen play his position

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

Where's Kendrell Bell? He has more tackles to his name than Arrington. While I really like Arrington, I think we (Redskin fans), look more at his potential in regards to rating him than his actual numbers. When you look at his numbers, he's alright. Just alright, but when you look at his potential he could be Ray Lewis.

Having 5 coaches in 5 years will make anyone play less effective. Wait until he has the same coach for multiply seasons.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Urlacher is the most overrated linebacker in the league. I feel Lavar is overrated too, but isn't treated like he's next great thing, Urlacher is. He had a great rookie season, when he had two, big defensive linemen plugging up the middle and keeping blockers off him. Now that they are gone, he's quality of play went down big time. Now he's still making tackles, but their way downfield. He doesn't shed blockers well, and that isn't good for a MLB.

Here here Gamebreaker. Urlacher had one good season while playing behind Traylor and Washington during the Bears magical season a few years ago. Since then, he has had to take on and shed blockers which seems to really hamper his game. I have a feeling that if you put LaVar behind those 2, he'd have an excellent year.

Somebody called Peterson overrated and somebody else called Urlacher versatile. I don't think for one minute that Urlacher is more versatile than Peterson. Peterson can play D-End, LB, CB or Safety. Can Urlacher do that?

I don't think that Peterson is the greatest by any means, but living in 49er land I see a lot of their games. He is a very good linebacker who is only getting better. A very versatile linebacker, IMO. Much unlike Urlacher.

Archived