Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DE Courtney Brown a fit???

wwninja420

His tag would still be too high. Otherwise, he'd be a Raider or something by this afternoon.

He will probably sit until after June 1, when the FA stuff starts cooking and desperation sets in up till the end of August for some teams. The longer he waits the better, unlesss the purse strings show up quickly (and foolishly).

The timing isn't good for a Redskins pick up of this player, we are way too close to the draft, to making a move on him or others with big price tags and unloaded, "one week away".

This is a time for conservatism and prudency. hold that purse!

:cool:

Courtney is largely viewed as a disappoitment after all the hoop-la and expectation when he was drafted. I wouldn't object to him being a skins as he would be an upgrade at the position. I am against this move if his salary is higher than his production warrants. Based on production he should get the veteran minimum. I would give him a signing bonus, but it would be very minimal. Maybe in the right system he an Lavar can finally grow to the level of expectation. Before the Lavar lovers start bashing, this is in no way a strike against either of the players, I like Lavar personally, but he has not proven to be the world-beater we all thought he would be.

Browns Redo Deals; Sign Linebacker

Apr 16, 5:13 PM (ET) Email this Story

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - The Cleveland Browns finished restructuring a few contracts of key players on Friday and signed free agent linebacker Warrick Holdman.

Browns coach Butch Davis said the club has redone the contracts of defensive end Courtney Brown, defensive tackle Gerard Warren, offensive tackle Ross Verba and safety Robert Griffith.

The club did not release financial terms on the contracts but said Verba, who missed all of last season with a torn bicep, had two years added to his deal.

Brown, a former No. 1 overall pick, has three years left on his contract.

Holdman played the past five seasons with the Chicago Bears, who selected him in the fourth round in 1999.

The 6-foot-1, 234-pounder's career has been slowed by knee injuries. He had his best season in 2001 when he had 145 tackles and 1½ sacks.

He returned from knee surgery last season and started 13 games, finishing with 79 tackles.

Originally posted by wwninja420

Going to the store toi buy another paper!! One min.......

Thanks for the update on your original post wwninja... I started getting a little uneasy after your above comment. At least you didn't go into the 'my computer stopped working' run around, etc.

Good lookin' out!

Archived