Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cruising around a ghost town (Chernobyl)

webnarc

I love the internet some days. Thanks for posting that. I was stationed in England in 86 and the Brits on the news were saying that we were all getting a little extra dose of radiation that day as well, from a thousand miles away.

The pics of the military vehicles and aircraft remind me of former Soviet bases I have seen, where they just pushed all their stuff to the side and left it, so profound and complete was the collapse of communism.

That was incredibly sad, and very disturbing.

It's much worse than a scene from a movie, because you know the movie is make-believe.

I feel so bad for the people who were there, or whose lives were so adversely affected by the "accident."

I will remember them in my prayers, and I will remember them the next time I think I have a problem. Car repairs seem so...

Sarge, you're exactly right. That piece is everything that is good about the net.

Very informative, haunting read. Sheds some light on the mystery of Chernobyl and exposes the human side of the tragedy.

And you can really catch the bitterness of the girl toward her own government in a few of those comments. Quite interesting.

Archived