Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uniforms

MumboSauce

edited since its an old beaten/dead horse I wasnt aware of.

Uniforms/Jerseys...I know we have the anniversary throwback jerseys but is it time for a new regulary worn design overall? A update or new look/ feel or twist..maintaining the traditional/history with a semi new update/look or graphic..

(logo, font lettering, number type, striping etc) not to do away with the color, I love burgundy and gold and to change that would be blasphemy *lol* but maybe add black to it and make the burgundy darker and not as red?

possibly like the broncos did, tampa bay, etc. I realize many folks seldom like change, I never really thought flashy colors were football...I always liked the the redskins, green bay, bears, steelers etc. and the like...simple, gritty, grimey football.(not too generic or arena/xfl looking)

Just a thought I know everyone has an opinion and a rare few may actually want or like change as far as this is concerned and chances are many more want it to stay as is and would hate it any other way.

^^^ it can be locked then no problem, I tend not to get heated on message boards but I realize some folks do. I figured most mature adults can give opinion or words on a subject even if serious, without being too pissy about it. Ive been die hard win or lose since i was about 7 years old or so, and like many still wear my skins para on monday even after a loss on sunday or loosing season... but I can still be pretty open minded about things even concerning my beloved team/org.

I say leave the Unis as they are. The problem with changing the uni's is that it forces fans ti update to the new look. The 'Skins organization is seeded in tradition. The second greatest tradition we have is the fact that our uni's have not changed in almost 30 years. Theya re still the best looking uni's in the league. TB has to change their unis because the fans didn't want to look like idiots and losers at the same time with thar creme-cicle uni they had. Seahaws were just awful. The new uni was essentially the re-introduction of the franchaise. None of those statements can be said baout the 'Skins. We have been less than stellar lately, but do you think a new look is exactly what we need. How would Joe Gibbs look wearing any other colors than burgandy and gold. As for adding black to unis, IMO it's a poormans ripoff of the Rteelers and Raiders, any other team I see wearing black in the color scheme when it is part of their official color scheme just looks gimmicky. I can remember the day my boy walked in telling me how hot his new Feagles jersey is becaus eit was mostly black. I called him a turd and told him his team has no identity. I then walked him to my closed and showed him 10 years of skins gear that all looked sweet regardless of the time of purchase because that cheif & feather along with the Burgandy & Gold speaks for itself. We shouldn't change that. This team's colors and/or unis should change the day the team leaves the DC area, when that happens they should change. Since that's not going to happen it should remain the same.....

what about gold helmets? the color of the pants on the retro unis? Dont get me wrong at all here, I love burgundy and gold and wouldnt want that any other way, if they never change im good with that...but i wouldnt mind a slight update or more edgy graphic etc.

I say leave them as is....i will say this...it seems to me that

ever since I was a kid, that some of our worst performances came

when we wore the away red/burgandy jerseys....i have never liked them..

i prefer the white jersey, burgandy pants...

the throwbacks are nice, but i say have your home and away uniform...

thats it...all the changing around last year was just another

distraction to a team that couldnt stay on course.....

just an opinion...

this really is the dregs of the football season....nothing happening.

college hoops almost over...

cant wait for mini camp....cant wait to see interviews with gibbs

in the future...i like that we havent heard much from him...

bringing back the tradition....

Hail to the Redskins...

My suggestion, if we change them, would be to mix in some throwback ideas.

I like the look of yellow pants. I think it'd look cool to wear the white jerseys and yellow pants at home. Then on the road, wear the burgandy jerseys and yellow pants.

That way, you're mixing in some old traditions (yellow pants) with some Gibbs traditions (white jerseys at home).

As for the helmet, I'm all for keeping it or switching back to the yellow one with the R on it.

Archived