Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wrestlemania XX

a_good_brotha

I debated & debated over getting it this year. Then I remembered I would be able to catch The Sopranos afterwards on the the HBO West feed. Besides, it's WM XX, most likely the only ppv I'll get all year.

:cheers:

That Goldberg and Lesnar match was the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT I have ever seen. I was expecting the two of them to beat the Heck out of each other and for Stone Cold to be involved in the match. The match ended way too quick and Stone Cold got involved after the match. What a rip off! :doh:

Hopefully the return of the Undertaker (my favorite wrestler) will be much better. By the way, what's up with Trish Stratus? But at least Torrie, Sable, Miss Jackie, and Stacy all stripped down to their undergarment.

But the Brock and Goldberg match was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!! :shot:

And I just missed Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi retain their tag team title. It lasted less than 5 mins.

I think they had the Lesnar/Goldberg match planned out very carefully to avoid any injury to Lesnar since he is going to be working out for NFL teams shortly. It was boring though.

I had butterflies in my stomach when The Undertaker's music hit. That was awesome.

And you are not alone. Victoria is very hot!!

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

Again? When did Benoit win the title before?

Read it again. I said that title, not the title.

Benoit beat Sid Vicious for that title several years ago on a WCW ppv. Arn Anderson was the special guest ref. The next night on WWF Raw, Benoit, Eddie, Saturn, & Malenko showed up as the Radicals. Meanwhile, WCW ran a video clip of Sid having a foot or hand under the rope as Benoit got the pin on him. That was their way of explaining him not being on Nitro. WCW never acknowleged Benoit winning the title after that ppv. Nor was it ever acknowledged in the WWF/WWE.

The old WCW World Title is currently the Raw World Title. Hence, Benoit won that title again.

I used to be a major wrestling fan when I was younger. I have been out of the loop for awhile and was wondering if anyone could take them time and bring me back to speed...How did Goldberg come back? Who are the top notch wrestlers? HHH, Kurt Aingle, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, The Undertaker, DDP, Brock Lesnar, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, The Rock? What is going on!?

Also, who won their respective matches last night?

I usually get all the ppv's, but I was at the race and did net get in until late. I saw what happened on the net. Sounds like the goldberg/ lesnar match was bad. How was the undertaker match? I really wanted to see him come out. Did he have long hair again? Surprised me that Trish turned on Y2J. I an glad Benoit won the title...well deserved. Should be a interesting Raw. Can't wait until 9!!!!

Goldberg/Lesnar killed the PPV until Taker came back...

Trish Stratus is my favorite female celebrity, hottest woman alive, period.

Victoria is very hot, to whoever suggested that earlier.

The PPV was merely ok. I think Royal Rumble was actually better...

It had so much potential, but the Goldberg/Lesnar match killed all the momentum it had :/

Hilarious... Victoria was still shaving her head when Angle came out, lol.

Oh and King's comment about Molly never shaving was priceless.

For your Undertaker question earlier...

He came out to his Deadman music with Paul Bearer but he had a cowboy hat on, leather trench coat, no make up, leather pants and the singlet he always wears... He had medium length jet black hair though...

He was the American Badass witha touch of Deadman... was pretty sweet...

I used to be a major wrestling fan when I was younger. I have been out of the loop for awhile and was wondering if anyone could take them time and bring me back to speed...How did Goldberg come back? Who are the top notch wrestlers? HHH, Kurt Aingle, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, The Undertaker, DDP, Brock Lesnar, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, The Rock? What is going on!?

Also, who won their respective matches last night?[/Quote]

Goldberg came to the WWE once his contract ran out for WCW. Even though WCW was bought by McMahon, Goldberg was still under contract for Ted Turner and refused a buyout. He had to wait until it expired and than he joined WWE. But it has been speculated that last night was his last match in the WWE.

Top notch wrestlers are: HHH, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero (WWE Champion), Chirs Benoit (World Heavy Weight Champion), Rob Van Damn and Booker T (Tag Team Champions on Raw), Rikishi and Scotty Too Hotty (Tag Team Champions on Smackdown).

In case you are confused, Smackdown and Raw are separate entitites. Well, that is what we are supposed to believe anyway. The wrestlers who are on Monday Night Raw are sole property of Raw. Same for the wrestlers on Smackdown.

The Rock just came back for Wrestlemania as he has been very busy doing a lot of movies.

Mick Foley came out of retirement but just for last night's WM XX. Or so that is the rumor.

Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn't wrestle anymore because of neck problems but he is the sheriff of Raw and hits a stunner or two each week where he sees fit.

Kevin Nash hasn't been on for a while.

Eric Bischoff is the GM of Raw and Paul Heyman is the GM of Smackdown in case you didn't know.

Stephanie McMahon was co GM with Heyman but wanted time off because she is planning a wedding. She is marrying HHH. But she should be back after the honeymoon. This is probably why HHH lost the belt. I think he is going to be taking some time off soon.

There were a lot of former Superstars there last night. Don "Magnificent" Morroco, Tito Santana, Superstar Bill Graham, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Pete Rose all of whom were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Yes, I said Pete Rose. There was also the son of Big John Studd and the daughter of The Junkyard Dog present for their respective parents induction into the WWE hall of fame. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was also on hand.

As far as the results, I got the following from prowrestling.com. It is very long because WM was four and a half hours. :doh:

WWE WrestleMania XX Results

Story By: Ben Johnson

March 14, 2004

Thanks to PowerWrestling.com's Kevin Gregg for the following:

WWE Wrestlemania XX Opener:

In the arena, Howard Finkel introduced the Boys Choir of Harlem; who are here to sing America the Beautiful! Job well done goes out to their rendition of America the Beautiful.

A video played with Vince McMahon, saying 20 years ago, a man had a vision and it began here at Madison Square Garden and it changed our world. As the vision grew, we cheered it on, stood in awe, held onto our seats and gave up our hearts. We watched with utter disbelief, stunned silence and sheer amazement but above all, we've been inspired and enriched by the vision that is Wrestlemania.

Another video promo played to open up Wrestlemania with the WWE Superstars speaking highly of Madison Square Garden and Wrestlemania XX. Incredible video package to open the event. At the end of the video package, Vince McMahon was shown standing next to Shane McMahon and his very first grandson and tonight is where it all begins again!

United States Championship Match

Referee: Jim Korderas

John Cena vs. The Big Show ©

John Cena's music hit in the arena and he made his way out to the ring and this contest is scheduled for one fall with the United States Championship on the line with The Big Show defending the title against John Cena. Before the match, John Cena worked the mic and got the crowd behind him to kick off the night! The fans broke out in a very heavy "Cena, Cena!" chant and Cena seemed surprised at the reaction and then he went into a rap on The Big Show that was well received by the crowd in attendance.

The start:

At the start of the contest, the fans heavily chanted "Cena, Cena!" and The Big Show and John Cena locked it up in the center of the ring and Big Show shoved John Cena back into the corner. Cena charged at Big Show but Big Show grabbed him by the throat and shoved him into the ropes.

Mid-match notes:

As The Big Show had control over John Cena, the fans heavily chanted "Let's go Cena, let's go Cena" to get behind Cena. At that point, John Cena fired back on The Big Show with a number of right hands and then he went off the ropes only to get knocked down with a hard clothesline by The Big Show. The crowd then started chanting "Big Show sucks, Big Show sucks."

The Big Show lifted John Cena up but John Cena put a sleeper hold in on The Big Show in an attempt to wear him down to the mat but The Big Show backed into the turnbuckle to break the sleeper hold.

The Big Show put John Cena in a Cobra Clutch, shades of recent WWE Hall of Famer inductee, Sgt. Slaughter! John Cena gave The Big Show some shots to the ribs to try to get out of the Cobra Clutch but The Big Show shoved John Cena right down to the mat and then he put him back in the Cobra Clutch.

John Cena kicked The Big Show in the gut and then he lifted him over his shoulders and gave him the FU and then pinned him but only got a two count.

The finish:

A shocked John Cena went over and grabbed his steel chain and wrapped it around his fist despite the referee's wishes and he threatened to hit The Big Show in the head with it and then he tossed the chain down and when the referee went to pick the chain up, Cena grabbed something else off the mat and nailed The Big Show in the head with it and then he planted him with another FU and then the pin for the three count to win the United States Championship!

Winner and new United States Champion, John Cena

The Aftermath:

The fans popped big for John Cena as he celebrated his title win over The Big Show! As he celebrated his victory, it was revealed that he used brass knuckles on The Big Show to capture the title.

Backstage:

The Coach was shown walking through the backstage area and he came across some people in the backstage area and greeted them. Coach continued on and went into the RAW General Manager office where Eric Bischoff was shown speaking with Johnny Spade. Eric said that he wanted to see Coach because he's heard a rumor that the Undertaker is here in Madison Square Garden and there's all kinds of strange noises that people have been hearing around the arena. Eric asked Coach for a favor; find the Undertaker. Coach noted that the Undertaker is on Smackdown! and Eric said that he knows that, which is why he wants Coach to find him. Bischoff doesn't want to get scooped by Smackdown!. Coach said that he's not comfortable finding the Undertaker but Bischoff sent him to look for the Undertaker and Coach finally agreed, saying Bischoff is the boss.

Backstage:

Randy Orton was shown standing in the backstage area with Batista and Ric Flair and Randy Orton said that this is where it all begins again. Isn't it ironic that this is where Randy Orton beat Mick Foley and kicked him right down these very stairs, making Randy Orton the new Hardcore Legend? But Mick Foley couldn't let it end there. He had to challenge him for the Intercontinental Title, only to realize that he was overmatched. And what did he do? He walked away. Then he decided he was angry and he came back to challenge Orton again, only to have Orton spit right in Foley's face. Randy appreciates the fact that Mick is trying to hang on to some shred of what he once was and he doesn't want to acknowledge that his time has passed, but it has. It's life, it's just evolution. They've passed him by and they've proved it time and time again, night after night, beating after beating. Quite frankly, they were getting a little bored with beating Mick up and apparently Mick was, too. So he called Hollywood; The Rock and they beat him down too. So here we are, the great Rock and Sock Connection vs. Evolution at Wrestlemania XX. And how fitting that on the biggest stage of them all that they can prove to Mick Foley and The Rock that their time has passed? It's Evolution's time and nothing can stop them from making history tonight. It all began last June in Madison Square Garden and tonight at Wrestlemania XX, it all begins again.

World Tag Team Championship Match

Sudden Death Fatal Four Way Match

Referee: Chad Patton

La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz

vs.

Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak vs. Booker T and Rob Van Dam ©

The music of La Resistance hit in the arena and they made their way out to the ring for this Sudden Death Fatal Four Way Match for the World Tag Team Championship and this match will end when one team is pinned and the Champions don't even have to be pinned for the titles to change hands and it's Booker T and Rob Van Dam defending the Tag Team Titles against the Dudley Boyz, Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak and La Resistance!

The start:

Rene Dupree started the match off in the ring against Rob Van Dam and the two locked it up and Rene backed Rob Van Dam into the La Resistance corner and Rene Dupree gave RVD a knee to the mid section. Rob fired out of the corner and slammed Rene into the corner and gave him some shoulder blocks followed by a monkey flip and a tag to Booker T.

Mid-match notes:

Booker T planted Rob Conway with a vicious spinebuster to send him down to the mat but Booker was unable to cover Conway. Both men crawled to their corners to make the tag but Rob Van Dam got the tag before Conway could so he got in the ring like a house of fire on Conway.

Rob Van Dam went to the top rope for the frog splash but D-Von Dudley shoved Van Dam off the top rope to send him into the security wall on the outside of the ring. From there, all hell broke loose as the Dudley Boyz and La Resistance got in the ring and battled it out.

The Dudley Boyz set Booker T up for the 3D but Garrison Cade got in the ring and shoved Bubba Ray Dudley out of the ring to break up the 3D. Rob Conway then gave D-Von Dudley a DDT and then he went at it with Booker T.

The finish:

Booker T kicked Conway in the chest and then he gave him the scissors kick and then Rob Van Dam came off the top rope with the five star frog splash and the pin for the three count to get the win!

Winners and still Tag Team Champions, Booker T and Rob Van Dam

Backstage:

The Coach was shown walking through the backstage area and he asked a tech guy where the noises are coming from? They were down the hallway and Coach went down the hallway where he heard some noises coming from a room. Mean Gene came out of the room as if he just got out of bed with a woman or something and Mean Gene claimed he was here for the Hall of Fame ceremony and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan also came out of the room and he looked like he was also getting busy, like Mean Gene. The Brain claimed that they were playing poker and Coach said that he wanted to know what was going on in there and the Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young came out of the room and Heenan and Mean Gene acted as though they haven't seen them in a long time but Moolah was all over Mean Gene and Mae Young was all over the Brain! Moolah and Mae Young lured Heenan and Mean Gene back into the room and The Coach left, a shocked man.

Referee: Tim White

Christian vs. Chris Jericho

Christian's music hit in the arena and he made his way out to the ring for his one on one grudge match against Chris Jericho and the referee for this contest is returning WWE official, referee Tim White!

The start:

Christian and Chris Jericho stood face to face and exchanged words and the two locked it up in the center of the ring and Christian shoved Jericho back but the two locked it up once again and the two backed each other into the ropes where referee Tim White called for a break, but he didn't get it as Christian shoved Jericho and Jericho returned the favor by shoving Christian down to the mat.

Mid-match notes:

Christian went to toss Jericho to the outside of the ring but Jericho landed on the ring apron and Christian charged at him but Jericho gave Christian a shoulder block to the mid section and then he gave Christian a back body drop to the arena floor.

Chris Jericho went for the Walls of Jericho on Christian but Christian raked the eyes to get out of it. Christian then knocked Chris Jericho down with a spinning heel kick and then a pin for a two count.

Jericho gave Christian a drop toe hold into the middle rope and then he went off the ropes and jumped right on the back of Christian. Christian got up and walked right into an Enziguri by Chris Jericho. Y2J then covered Christian but only got a two count.

Chris Jericho rolled Christian up but only got a two count and Christian countered the roll up into a roll up of his own and he used the top rope for leverage in an attempt to get the three count but he only got a two count.

Chris Jericho planted Christian with a bulldog down to the mat and then he went for the lionsault but Christian got his knees up into the gut of Y2J. Christian then hooked Chris Jericho and went for the Unprettier but Chris Jericho countered it by shoving Christian into the corner. Chris Jericho charged at Christian in the corner but Christian gave Chris Jericho a reverse elbow and then he gave him a reverse tornado DDT from the second rope followed by a pin for the two count.

Christian went to the top rope and Chris Jericho got up and nailed Christian and went for a super plex but Christian countered Jericho with a face first suplex and then Christian came off the top rope with a high cross body on Y2J but Jericho rolled through and pinned Christian for a two count.

Christian put Chris Jericho in the Texas Cloverleaf, shades of Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho countered it into a small package and into the Walls of Jericho but Christian was able to get to the bottom rope. Chris Jericho held onto the hold and the two wound up on the outside of the ring and Jericho finally broke the hold and got back in the ring.

Y2J gave Christian a butterfly suplex from the top rope and then Jericho covered Christian but only got a two count. As the match was going on, Trish Stratus ran out to the ringside area to cheer Chris Jericho on.

The finish:

Christian gave Chris Jericho an implant DDT and then he pinned Chris Jericho but only got a two count as Trish Stratus nervously looked on from the ringside area. Christian started to get out of the ring but Trish Stratus climbed to the ring apron and Christian dragged her into the ring by the hair and then tossed her down to the mat. Chris Jericho then Christian a clothesline to the outside of the ring and Jericho went to check on Trish but Trish gave Chris an elbow to the face, thinking it was Christian and then Christian rolled Chris Jericho up for the three count to get the win!

Winner - Christian

The Aftermath:

Trish Stratus looked shocked at what she did and she apologized to Chris Jericho as Chris looked very disappointed. Christian returned to the ring and Chris Jericho tried to get at him but Trish restrained him. Trish Stratus then slapped Chris Jericho in the face and Christian got in the ring and planted Y2J with the Unprettier as the fans heavily booed Trish Stratus right out of Madison Square Garden. Trish Stratus and Christian then left the ring together as Chris Jericho was left laying in the ring. Christian and Trish Stratus went up to the stage and they kissed as Chris Jericho looked on from the ring!

Backstage:

Lilian Garcia was shown with Mick Foley and Lilian Garcia said that he must be extremely emotional tonight as this is his first match in more than four years. Mick said it's more than that, it's Wrestlemania, Madison Square Garden and fans have flocked from around the world to be here. Is he overcome with emotion? Yeah. Foley continued on and The Rock showed up, saying that Mick has to let the emotion go because finally, The Rock has come back to New York City! Rock said that's what he's talking about and The Rock says this, finally Mick Foley has come home. Rock told Mick that this is his night and everybody knows it including the Hurricane, Rosey, Superfly Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco, who were all seen in the backstage area. And most of all, the people know it. It's not good enough to hear the people because they're going to see the people so follow The Rock. The Rock took a peek through the curtain and they showed the crowd and Rock said that it's their night so let's go out there and electrify as only they can and whoop Evolution's candy asses if you smell what The Rock and Sock is cooking!

Handicap Match

Referee: Michael Chioda

Evolution vs. The Rock and Sock Connection

Evolution's music hit in the arena and Ric Flair, Batista and the WWE Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton all made their way out to the ring and this is a special three on two handicap match with Evolution facing The Rock and Sock Connection! As Evolution made their way out to the ring, Jim Ross noted that the next time the WWE will be on pay per view will be on Sunday, April 18th and that will be a RAW brand only pay per view from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada!

The start:

The Rock and Mick Foley got right in the ring and went at it with all three members of Evolution as Mick Foley hammered away on Ric Flair and The Rock took care of Batista and Orton. The Rock dumped Batista to the outside of the ring as Mick got rid of Ric Flair. Rock and Foley then got rid of Orton and Batista once again and Ric Flair got in the ring to officially start it off against The Rock.

Mid-match notes:

On the outside of the ring, Ric Flair gave The Rock a rake to the eye and The Rock fired back on Ric Flair with a back body drop and then Mick Foley came off the ring apron with an elbow drop on Ric Flair that lead the fans to chanting "Foley, Foley!"

Ric Flair wisely made the tag to Randy Orton and Foley wanted in against Orton so The Rock tagged him into the match and Randy Orton bailed out of the ring to a chorus of boos. Mick Foley went right after Randy Orton and Mick hammered away on Orton on the outside of the ring and slammed his head into the Smackdown! announce table.

Ric Flair went to the top rope but The Rock got up and grabbed Ric Flair and tossed him down from the top rope. Flair then made the tag to Batista as The Rock was down on the mat.

Mick Foley went for the double arm DDT on Batista but Batista powered Mick Foley into the corner and Foley countered Batista in the corner and beat him down with a number of patented right hands. Batista then plowed out of the corner on Mick Foley with a hard clothesline to send him down to the mat.

As Batista had Mick Foley down on the mat, Mick Foley slapped on the mandible claw until Randy Orton got in the ring and kicked Mick Foley in the head to knock him down to the mat.

The Rock got in the ring like a house of fire on Batista, Flair and Orton and Batista finally planted The Rock with a spinebuster and then Flair begged Batista to back off for Flair to do something. Flair then mocked The Rock's people's elbow and he went for it but The Rock nipped up and gave Ric Flair some right hands to send him down to the mat. Batista then got in the ring and The Rock hammered away on him and planted him with a DDT.

The Rock then planted Ric Flair with the spinebuster and then he gave him the real version of the people's elbow and then he covered Flair for a two count. Ric Flair gave The Rock a thumb to the eye and then he made the tag to Randy Orton and Orton got in the ring and went for the RKO on The Rock but The Rock gave Orton the Rock Bottom and then he pinned Orton but only got a two count as Flair pulled Rock out of the ring. Flair then went and got a steel chair as Batista plowed through The Rock with a clothesline in the ring. Batista gave The Rock a sit down power bomb as the referee argued with Ric Flair on the outside of the ring and Randy Orton crawled over to pin The Rock for a two count.

The finish:

Mick Foley planted Orton with a DDT and then he pulled out Mr. Socko and sent Batista down to the arena floor and then he went to put Mr. Socko on Randy Orton but Randy Orton quickly gave Mick Foley the RKO and then he pinned Foley for the three count to pick up the win!

Winners - Evolution

The Aftermath:

Evolution left the ring together as Mick Foley sat up in the ring and he couldn't believe that he and The Rock lost their match. Foley looked EXTREMELY disappointed at their loss. The Rock got back in the ring and he looked at Mick Foley and The Rock seemed a bit disappointed as well. Despite their loss, The Rock and Sock Connection got a standing ovation and The Rock rallied the crowd in cheering on The Rock and Sock Connection.

WWE Hall of Fame:

Footage from the WWE Hall of Fame from last night was shown and Jesse "The Body" Ventura, "The King" Harley Race, Superstar Billy Graham, Tito Santana, Sgt. Slaughter, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Don Muraco, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Big John Studd, Junkyard Dog and Pete Rose were all inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

In the arena:

Howard Finkel introduced Mean Gene Okerlund into the arena and he made his way out to the staging area at a Hall of Fame Podium. Mean Gene said that as we just saw, this weekend was filled with many events, including the Hall of Fame ceremony last night in New York City. With that, he introduced the WWE Hall of Fame, class of 2004!

Jesse Ventura, Sgt. Slaughter, Billy Graham, Tito Santana, Harley Race, Bobby Heenan and many others came out to the staging area at Wrestlemania XX.

Mean Gene referred to Bobby Heenan as his part time tag team partner and one of the greatest broadcasters in sports entertainment. The fans broke out in a "Weasel" chant for Heenan and Heenan acted as though he was ticked. A two time Intercontinental and two time WWE Tag Team Champion, Tito Santana! And one of sports entertainments greatest big men, he faced Andre the Giant right here in Madison Square Garden at Wrestlemania 1, the late great Big John Studd. Representing Big John Studd is his son, John Minton, Jr. One of the greatest and toughest wrestlers in history, seven time NWA Heavyweight Champion, Harley Race! This guy is probably going to make another Hall of Fame, he from baseball and the first into the Celebrity Wing of the Hall of Fame, Pete Rose. This man's steel cage match against Superfly Jimmy Snuka right here in the Garden over 20 years ago was one of the most memorable and significant matches in the history of sports entertainment, that's Don Muraco! A second generation Superstar, a former United States Champion, Intercontinental Champion and WWE Tag Team Champion, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine! Our next Hall of Famer is the Junk Yard dog and representing the JYD is his daughter, Latoya Ritter! He is without a doubt one of the most influential men in the history of sports entertainment, here is Superstar Billy Graham! A former WWE Champion and a real American hero, one of the most recognizable Superstars of all time, Sgt. Slaughter! Whether it was as a wrestler, a broadcaster, a mayor or a governor, he always did it with flash and style; Jesse "The Body" Ventura! Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it, the WWE Hall of Fame; class of 2004!

Playboy Evening Gown Match

Referee: Jack Doan

Sable and Torrie Wilson vs. Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler

The following is the first ever Playboy Evening Gown Match and the winners of this match will be determined by pinfall or submission and it is Sable and Torrie Wilson against Miss Jackie and Stacy Keibler!

The start:

Jackie refused to take hers off and she left the ring but she was pulled back into the ring and Torrie and Sable ripped her gown off and then she and Sable started it off in the ring against each other. Sable backed Jackie into the corner and kicked away on her and then she gave her a snap mare across the ring.

Mid-match notes:

Torrie Wilson went to the top rope and Sable made the tag and Torrie came off the top rope with a cross body on Jackie to pin her for the two count.

Stacy Keibler knocked Torrie Wilson down to the mat with a side kick and then she covered her for a two count. Stacy then made the tag to Miss Jackie who got in the ring only to get caught with a spear by Torrie Wilson. Torrie and Jackie got in a fight on the mat and they rolled right over the referee and then the two argued with him.

The finish:

Torrie Wilson rolled Miss Jackie up in a pin for the three count to pick up the win.

Winners - Torrie Wilson and Sable

The Aftermath:

Torrie teased ripping Jackie's panties off but she didn't do it. Stacy Keibler was noticeably upset at Miss Jackie as they were on the losing end of this match as Torrie Wilson and Sable celebrated their win in the ring.

Backstage:

Eddie Guerrero was shown walking through the backstage area and he was greeted by backstage workers and WWE Superstars, telling him to kick some butt. Eddie went into the locker room and he came across Chris Benoit. Eddie asked him what's going on? Eddie told him to be careful, he might dig himself a trench pacing back and forth. Eddie said he can see Chris Benoit is getting focused. It's Wrestlemania XX and only the biggest night... Chris cut him off, saying that he knows and Eddie said that's right, he does know. All the years that he put into it, working out and time away from his family, working through the injuries. Chris once again said that he knows and Eddie told Chris to come here so he can talk to him. Eddie told Chris that he wants him to know, being like a brother to him and talking to him like family, he wants him to know that no matter what happens tonight, Eddie is proud of Benoit. Win or lose, he's always going to be proud of him. Chris said that there's no lose and don't talk to him like that. Eddie said that he's taking on HBK and Triple H. It's the biggest night of his life and career. Come on, nobody expects him to win and nobody really believes in him. Chris Benoit angrily said that he believes in himself and that's all that damn well matters. Chris said he's known Eddie for 12 years and he's never turned his back on him. But what's up with tonight? Tonight is Chris Benoit's night because he believes. Chris is proud of Eddie because he's won his WWE Title but tonight is Chris Benoit's night. Eddie said that's what he's been trying to get out of him, this fire because this is the Chris Benoit Eddie Guerrero believes in. That's the Wolverine that he took on in Japan and that's the man that's going to tear Triple H and HBK apart and walk away as the new World Heavyweight Champion. Chris said that's right, Eddie Guerrero will be walking out of Madison Square Garden as the WWE Champion and Chris Benoit will be walking out as the new World Heavyweight Champion and that's that.

Cruiserweight Championship Match

Cruiserweight Open

Referee: Charles Robinson

The ring announcer announced that two Superstars will start in the ring and they are eliminated by pinfall, submission, disqualification or count out. The order of entry was determined by a random drawing; except for the Cruiserweight Champion who is number ten and the last man standing will be the Cruiserweight Champion. The Cruiserweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero came out to the ring first and he came out to ringside with his father and Nunzio, Jamie Noble, Tajiri, Akio, Funaki, Shannon Moore, Ultimo Dragon, Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio!

Ultimo Dragon vs. Shannon Moore:

Ultimo Dragon and Shannon Moore started it off in the ring and once one man is eliminated, another man will step into the ring depending on the number that was drawn by that Superstar.

Shannon Moore and Ultimo Dragon locked it up in the center of the ring and Ultimo Dragon put Shannon in a wrist lock and Shannon countered it into a wrist lock of his own until Ultimo Dragon flipped and rolled to get out of it.

The Ultimo Dragon gave Shannon Moore the reverse DDT and then he pinned him for the three count to eliminate him from the match.

Jamie Noble vs. Ultimo Dragon:

Jamie Noble got right in the ring and he attacked Ultimo Dragon from behind to send him down to the mat.

Jamie Noble put Ultimo Dragon in a front dragon sleeper and to force him to tap out.

Jamie Noble vs. Funaki:

Funaki went to the top rope and came off with a cross body on Jamie Noble and Noble countered it into a pin of his own to eliminate Funaki.

Nunzio vs. Jamie Noble:

Nunzio got in the ring and Jamie Noble and Nunzio exchanged blows and Nunzio rolled Jamie Noble up but only got a two count.

With Nunzio on the outside of the ring, Jamie Noble went to the top rope and came off with a forward flip onto Nunzio to send him down to the ground. Nunzio attempted to get back in the ring but Jamie Noble stopped him and Noble got back in the ring and Nunzio got counted out and eliminated from the match.

Billy Kidman vs. Jamie Noble:

Kidman got in the ring and went at it with Jamie Noble and Nunzio pulled Jamie Noble out of the ring and Billy Kidman went to the top rope and came off with the shooting star press onto Nunzio and Jamie Noble on the outside of the ring and Kidman looked to have smashed his head right into Nunzio's. Kidman rolled Noble back into the ring and pinned him but only got a two count.

Billy Kidman went for the shooting star press on Jamie Noble but Noble was able to get up and he went for a top rope hurricanrana on Kidman but Kidman countered it into the BK Bomb to pin Noble for the three count.

Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman:

Rey Mysterio hopped to the ring apron and he nailed Kidman with a springboard senton and then he got up and went off the ropes but Kidman nailed Rey with a drop kick to send him down to the mat and Kidman pinned Mysterio but only got a two count.

Akio pulled Mysterio's head onto the ropes and then Kidman gave Mysterio a spinebuster and a pin for a two count. Kidman perched Mysterio on the top rope but Mysterio countered it into a sunset bomb to get the three count.

Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio:

Tajiri got right in the ring and kicked away on Mysterio and Mysterio went for a moonsault on Tajiri but Tajiri avoided it and then Rey walked right into the tarantula.

Rey Mysterio knocked Tajiri into the ropes and then he hit him with the 619 and went for the West Coast Pop but Tajiri avoided it and kicked Rey in the mid section. Akio held onto Mysterio and Tajiri shot the mist at Mysterio but he hit Akio. Mysterio then rolled Tajiri up for the three count to get the win.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio:

Tajiri nailed Rey Mysterio with a cheap shot and then Chavo Guerrero got in the ring and pinned him but only got a two count as we were informed that Akio couldn't compete in the match due to the green mist being shot in his face.

Rey Mysterio went to the top rope and came off with a hurricanrana on Chavo Guerrero to take him down to the mat. Chavo, Sr. hopped to the ring apron and Rey Mysterio knocked him down from the ring apron and then Rey went to jump on Chavo, Sr. but the referee stopped him. The referee ducked through the ropes to yell at Chavo, Sr. and Rey jumped over the referee onto Chavo, Sr. Rey Mysterio then hopped to the ring apron and he gave Chavo Guerrero a shoulder block to the mid section and then he came over the top rope with a sunset flip but Chavo caught Rey and pinned him with leverage from his father to get the three count to retain the title!

Winner and still Cruiserweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero

Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Stone Cold Steve Austin's music hit in the arena and he drove out to the ring on his ATV and he is the special guest referee in this one on one match between Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg! Brock Lesnar was introduced first and he made his way out to the ring and had a bit of a stare down with Stone Cold Steve Austin and then Bill Goldberg's music hit and we saw him walk through the backstage area to head out to the arena for this one on one contest!

The start:

The fans heavily chanted "Goldberg, Goldberg!" and Brock Lesnar and Bill Goldberg attempted to intimidate each other and the fans chanted "you sold out," of course directed at Brock Lesnar's decision to leave the WWE after this pay per view event to head to the NFL. Ross and Lawler refused to acknowledge what the chant was referee. The fans then started singing "Na na na, na na na, hey, hey, goodbye." At that point, Jim Ross had to acknowledge the rumors of Brock Lesnar's wanting to play for the NFL. The fans then broke out into an "Austin, Austin!" chant before Lesnar and Goldberg even locked it up.

Goldberg and Brock Lesnar finally locked it up in the center of the ring and both men displayed their power against each other as they powered each other back and the fans chanted "Goldberg, Goldberg!" Lesnar and Goldberg remained in the collar and elbow tie up until they shoved each other back and Brock Lesnar made a mockery of Goldberg's patented growl and the fans once again started chanting "You sold out."

After Lesnar and Goldberg collided, sending each other down to the mat, the vocal fans at Madison Square Garden very heavily chanted "boring, boring."

The crowd got into it when Goldberg pressed Brock Lesnar over his head and then pulled him down into a modified spear. Goldberg then went to the corner and set up for the spear but Brock Lesnar side stepped it and Goldberg went sailing into the turnbuckle and then he fell to the outside of the ring.

Brock Lesnar then got out of the ring and he sent Goldberg into the steel ring post and the fans started chanting "Goldberg sucks, Goldberg sucks." A very mixed but vocal crowd for this match up as they've come up with many different chants throughout this contest.

Goldberg and Lesnar knocked each other down to the mat with a double clothesline and the fans booed as Lesnar crawled over and pinned Goldberg for a two count.

Goldberg speared Brock Lesnar down to the mat and then he pinned him but only got a two count as Brock Lesnar was somehow able to slip out of it. Goldberg then got up and argued with Stone Cold Steve Austin as Goldberg felt that was a three count, but Stone Cold felt otherwise.

Brock Lesnar planted Goldberg with the F5 and the fans heavily booed and then Lesnar pinned Goldberg but only got a two count as Goldberg was somehow able to kick out of it. Lesnar then took some time and agued with Stone Cold, saying that should have been a three count but Austin said it was a two count.

The finish:

Brock Lesnar went for a spear on Goldberg in the corner but Goldberg moved out of the way and Brock hit the ring post and then Goldberg nailed Lesnar with a spear. Goldberg then picked Lesnar up and gave him the jack hammer and a pin for the three count to pick up the win!

Winner - Goldberg

The Aftermath:

Stone Cold Steve Austin raised Goldberg's hand in victory and he celebrated his win over Brock Lesnar at Madison Square Garden and the crowd seemed disappointed by this match up, partially due to the news of Brock Lesnar's leaving the WWE for the NFL. After Bill Goldberg left the ring, Brock Lesnar got back to his feet and Goldberg stopped in the aisle way as Brock turned around, looking right at Stone Cold Steve Austin. The fans were all over Brock Lesnar, chanting "goodbye" and "you sold out" as Brock stood face to face with Stone Cold. Brock then flipped off the crowd and then he flipped off Stone Cold right in his face and Stone Cold responded with a Stone Cold Stunner to send Lesnar right out of the WWE ring!

As Stone Cold Steve Austin celebrated with some beers, Bill Goldberg got in the ring and Stone Cold tossed him some beers and both Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg drank beers together. The fans booed Goldberg but cheered for Austin and Stone Cold Steve Austin gave Bill Goldberg the Stone Cold Stunner to send him right down to the mat and the crowd went nuts in favor of Bill Goldberg!

Wrestlemania 21:

It was announced that Wrestlemania 21 will take place in Los Angeles at the Staples Center in 2005!

Howard Finkel introduced the Chairman of the WWE into the arena and Vince McMahon came out and said that the theme of this year's Wrestlemania is where it all begins again but quite frankly, without each and every one of you, Wrestlemania may have never began. Vince said that he came before everyone tonight to simply say thank you. On behalf of the WWE Superstars, both past and present, we thank you. On behalf of the entire WWE organization, they say thank you and on behalf of the McMahon Family, they say thank you. Thank you for making Wrestlemania what it is today and the WWE what it is today and thank you for making this Wrestlemania where it all begins again!

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Sudden Death Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match

Referee: Nick Patrick

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin vs. the Basham Brothers

vs.

The APA vs. Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi ©

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were introduced to the ring and this match will be conducted under Sudden Death Fatal Four Way Rules and it is for the WWE Tag Team Championship with Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty defending the titles against Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, the APA and the Basham Brothers!

The start:

Shelton Benjamin started it off against Bradshaw and Shelton gave Bradshaw a cheap shot but Bradshaw quickly fired back and whaled away on one half of the World's Greatest Tag Team, Shelton Benjamin.

Mid-match notes:

Scotty 2 Hotty nailed Doug Basham with an Enziguri but as Doug was falling, Danny reached in and tagged himself into the match where he got in the ring and went at it with Scotty 2 Hotty.

Shelton Benjamin went for a German suplex on Rikishi but Rikishi sent him out of the ring with the 'big butt bump' and then he splashed Charlie Haas in the corner and gave him the stink face. Bradshaw got in the ring and nailed Rikishi but Doug Basham got in the ring and hit Bradshaw. Bradshaw missed with a clothesline and Doug jumped at Bradshaw but Bradshaw caught him and gave him a fall away slam to the outside of the ring onto Haas and Benjamin.

The finish:

Bradshaw gave Danny Basham the Clothesline from Hell and then he went for it on Rikishi but Rikishi caught Bradshaw with the Samoan drop. Rikishi then sat down on Danny Basham to pin him for the three count to retain the Tag Team Titles!

Winners and still Tag Team Champions, Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi

The Aftermath:

Scotty 2 Hotty did the worm and then he and Rikishi danced in the center of the ring and the fans were well behind the retaining Tag Team Champions.

In ring promo:

In the arena, Jesse "The Body" Ventura was introduced to the ring and the crowd was well behind him as he made his way out to the ring with a mic in hand. Jesse got in the ring and asked what would Wrestlemania be without Jesse the Body coming out and doing an interview with somebody, just like 20 years ago? Now where's his man? Who is he looking for to interview? Who is it? It's the star of the number one rated TV show on NBC, the Apprentice. The host of Wrestlemania 4 and 5, none other than New York's own, Donald Trump! Jesse told Donald that the hair looks great and he hosted Wrestlemania 4 and 5. What does Wrestlemania mean to a man like him? Donald said that it means a lot. He's been involved with Vince before and he's done a great job. Now he's here with his son. Jesse said that if Jesse were to get back into politics, could he expect his moral and financial support? Donald said 100% and Jesse said that he thinks we may need a wrestler in the White House in 2008! The crowd cheered that and Jesse told Donald Trump to have a great time at Wrestlemania.

Women's Championship Match

Hair vs. Title

Referee: Jack Doan

Molly Holly vs. Victoria ©

A shot of the barber area was shown and Howard Finkel announced that if Molly Holly loses this match, she will have her head shaved. Molly Holly was then introduced to the ring as the challenger for the Women's Championship against the reigning Women's Champion, Victoria!

The start:

Molly Holly and Victoria locked it up in the center of the ring and Molly backed Victoria into the ropes and then the two locked it up once again and Molly gave Victoria a shot to knock her down to the mat and then she gave Victoria a clubbing blow to the back of the head.

Mid-match notes:

Molly knocked Victoria down to the mat and then she headed to the top rope but Victoria got up and hit Molly and went for a super plex but Molly blocked it and came off the top rope with a sunset bomb into a pin for a two count.

The finish:

Molly went for the Widow's Peak on Victoria but Victoria countered it into a back slide and then a pin for the three count to pick up the win!

Winner and still Women's Champion, Victoria

The Aftermath:

Victoria celebrated her win and Molly couldn't believe what just happened. Molly attempted to run out of the ring away from Victoria but Victoria caught up with her and tried to stop her but Molly ran to the backstage area in an attempt to get away from getting a hair cut. Molly nailed Victoria and gave her a cheap shot and then Molly put Victoria in the barber chair and Molly went to cut Victoria's hair but Victoria sprayed Molly in the face with hair spray and then Victoria put Molly in the chair and strapped her in and then Victoria shaved Molly Holly's head!

WWE Heavyweight Championship Match

Referee:

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero ©

After a video package aired the history between Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle, Victoria was shown and she was still cutting Molly Holly's hair and Molly was just about bald! Kurt Angle's music hit and he made his way out to the ring as the number one contender for the WWE Championship and tonight, he challenges Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Heavyweight Championship!

The start:

Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle locked it up in the center of the ring and Kurt backed Eddie Guerrero into the corner and the referee called for a break and he got just that. Angle and Guerrero locked it up once again and Kurt put Eddie in a hammer lock right into a front face lock. Eddie battled out of it with a drop toe hold to take him down to the mat and then Kurt took Eddie down to the mat with a short arm drag.

Mid-match notes:

Some of the crowd chanted "Let's go Angle" as another part of the crowd chanted "Angle sucks." A very mixed crowd in New York City as was displayed earlier during the Lesnar/Goldberg contest.

Eddie Guerrero hooked Kurt Angle in a suplex and he went for another one but Kurt Angle reversed it and gave Eddie Guerrero a German suplex. Kurt went for a German on Eddie to the outside of the ring but Eddie landed on the ring apron. Kurt Angle went for a German suplex on Eddie Guerrero from the ring apron but Eddie Guerrero hung onto the ropes and then he gave Kurt Angle an elbow to the head to send him to the arena floor.

Eddie Guerrero went to the top rope and jumped at Kurt Angle on the outside of the ring but Kurt Angle moved out of the way and Eddie Guerrero went sailing right into the security wall.

Kurt Angle gave Eddie Guerrero an over the head belly to belly suplex and then he picked him up and gave him another one. Kurt then went into the cover and pinned Eddie Guerrero but only got a two count.

Eddie Guerrero shoved Kurt Angle down from the top rope and he went for the frog splash but Kurt Angle was able to roll out of the way to send Eddie Guerrero crashing down to the mat.

Kurt Angle laid into Eddie Guerrero with a number of right hands and Eddie Guerrero begged for more and then he lit up on Kurt Angle with some right hands of his own, an elbow to the face and then a clothesline down to the mat.

Eddie Guerrero finally caught Kurt Angle with the triple vertical suplexes but Kurt Angle countered at the end of it to put Eddie Guerrero in the ankle lock. Eddie Guerrero kicked Kurt Angle off the ankle lock and then he headed to the top rope for the frog splash but Kurt Angle hopped up to the top rope and pulled Eddie Guerrero down to the mat with a belly to belly suplex.

Kurt Angle once again put Eddie Guerrero in the ankle lock but Eddie Guerrero countered it into a roll up for a two count. Kurt Angle then gave Eddie Guerrero another German suplex and then he waited for Eddie Guerrero to get back to his feet. Angle went for the Angle Slam but Eddie Guerrero countered it into a DDT and then Eddie Guerrero went to the top rope for the frog splash and he connected with it and pinned Kurt Angle for a two count.

Eddie Guerrero went to lift Kurt Angle off the mat but Kurt Angel pulled Eddie Guerrero down to the mat by the ankle and put him in the ankle lock and Eddie Guerrero was close to tapping out but he rolled through and pulled Kurt Angle to send him to the outside of the ring.

The finish:

With Kurt Angle on the arena floor, the fans heavily chanted "Eddie, Eddie" and Eddie Guerrero untied his boot and Kurt Angle got back in the ring and put Eddie in the ankle lock and Eddie kicked the boot off and Kurt Angle had the boot in his hand and then he charged at Eddie Guerrero and Guerrero rolled him up to pin him for the three count to retain the title!

Winner and still WWE Heavyweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero

The Aftermath:

Eddie Guerrero boasted his cheating tactics as he retained the WWE Heavyweight Championship and Kurt Angle was none too pleased.

Referee: Brian Hebner

Kane vs. the Undertaker

Kane's music hit in the arena and he made his way out to the ring and this is a one on one match with Kane against his very own brother who he buried alive at the Survivor Series last year, the Undertaker! After Kane got in the ring, the lights went out and we heard Paul Bearer's voice say "Ohhhhh yes!" Paul Bearer then came out with an urn in hand, followed by some druids and the arena filled up with smoke and Paul Bearer stood at ringside to await the return of the Undertaker. The Undertaker made his way out to the ring, using his old school Undertaker music, wearing a long trench coat and the fans were well behind the Undertaker as he made his way to the ring.

The start:

Kane couldn't believe that his brother was standing in front of him and Kane kept saying "you are not real!" The Undertaker just stood there and looked at Kane, showing no emotion what so ever. Kane got close to the Undertaker and extended his arm to feel the Undertaker to make sure he was real and the Undertaker laid into Kane with a number of hard right hands against the ropes and the referee tried to break it up but Taker scared the referee off.

Mid-match notes:

The Undertaker kicked Kane in the gut and went for the Last Ride but Kane gave the Undertaker a back body drop and Taker tried to grab the ropes to stop his fall but he went crashing down to the mat and the fans yelled "Ohhhh" as he almost got hurt on the way down.

The Undertaker grabbed Kane by the arm and twisted it and walked the top rope as the fans chanted "Old school!" Taker jumped off the top rope with a chop to the arm of Kane but Kane caught the Undertaker with a choke and Taker countered with a choke of his own and then he went for a choke slam on Kane but Kane gave Taker an elbow to get out of it. Kane then planted the Undertaker with a choke slam down to the mat.

Kane acted as if he had won the match and the Undertaker sat up and the crowd went nuts for the Deadman and the Undertaker gave Kane a number of big right hands and then he whipped Kane off the ropes and went for a back body drop. Kane kicked the Undertaker in the chest but the Undertaker just looked at Kane and then the Undertaker went off the ropes and hit Kane with a jumping clothesline.

The finish:

The Undertaker grabbed Kane by the throat and planted him with a choke slam of his own and then the Undertaker signaled for the finish and the Undertaker lifted Kane up and finished him with the tombstone piledriver to pick up the win!

Winner - the Undertaker

The Aftermath:

The Undertaker celebrated his win in the ring as Paul Bearer remained at ringside with the urn in hand and this victory signifies that the Deadman is back and now he is 12 and 0 at Wrestlemania, an unparallel record for the Deadman!

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple Threat Match

Referee: Earl Hebner

Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H ©

Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. In this contest, the first individual to either score a pinfall or a submission will be the winner! The music of Shawn Michaels hit in the arena and he was introduced to the ring first and he is one of the two challengers for this World Championship match and the other challenger is none other than Chris Benoit, who won the Royal Rumble back in January to earn the right to face the World Champion, Triple H at Wrestlemania! It should be noted that Chris Benoit was introduced to the ring as "now residing in Atlanta, Georgia."

The start:

Shawn Michaels shoved Chris Benoit back as he tried to get at Triple H and Shawn gave Triple H some right hands in the corner and Benoit pulled Shawn down to the mat and then Benoit gave Triple H a number of right hands in the corner. Chris Benoit then went for the Crossface on Shawn Michaels but Shawn Michaels was able to fight out of it and the two exchanged chops in the center of the ring.

Mid-match notes:

Chris Benoit gave Shawn Michaels a northern lights suplex pin but only got a two count. After that, Triple H got in the ring and plowed through Shawn Michaels with a clothesline and then he hammered away on Chris Benoit. Triple H tossed Shawn Michaels over the top rope but Shawn pulled himself back into the ring and then Triple H whipped Benoit towards the ropes and Shawn tossed Benoit over the top rope to the outside of the ring.

With Triple H and Chris Benoit battling it out on the outside of the ring, Shawn Michaels nailed both men with a baseball slide and then he went to the top rope and jumped on both Benoit and Triple H with a moonsault to send them down to the ground.

Triple H went for the Pedigree on Shawn Michaels but Chris Benoit got in the ring and plowed through Triple H with a hard clothesline. Benoit then hammered away on Shawn Michaels and then Benoit sent Shawn Michaels sailing into the ring post, shoulder first.

Chris Benoit hooked Triple H and gave him a German suplex and then he went for another one and Triple H tried to fight it off but Benoit gave him two more and then he headed to the top rope but Shawn Michaels got in the ring and nailed Benoit. Shawn then went for a super kick on Triple H but Triple H ducked it and gave Shawn Michaels a DDT and Shawn went rolling right out of the ring.

Triple H went for the Pedigree on Chris Benoit but Chris Benoit countered it and went for the Crippler Crossface and Triple H tried to fight it off but Benoit eventually locked it in. Shawn Michaels immediately stepped in to break the Crossface to save the match in his favor. Shawn Michaels then grabbed Chris Benoit and gave him a German suplex and the fans booed Michaels and then Benoit reversed Michaels into a series of German suplexes of his own and the fans cheered Benoit.

Chris Benoit then headed to the top rope and he came off the top rope with a flying headbutt on Shawn Michaels and he connected with it.

Shawn Michaels knocked Triple H down to the mat and then he went to the top rope for the flying elbow drop and connected with it and then he went to the corner and set up for the super kick. Shawn Michaels then nailed Triple H with the super kick to send him down to the mat and then he pinned him but only got a two count as Chris Benoit pulled Triple H right out of the ring. Shawn Michaels then got out of the ring and went at it with Benoit and the fans were well behind Chris Benoit as the two went at it.

Chris Benoit went for the sharpshooter on Shawn Michaels but Shawn was able to fight out of it and then Chris Benoit gave Shawn Michaels a slingshot into the ring post and Michaels wound up a bloody mess. Benoit gave Michaels a couple right hands and then he went for the Crossface and locked it in and Michaels was so close to tapping but Triple H stopped Shawn's hand from hitting the mat and then he immediately broke up the Crippler Crossface to save the title.

On the outside of the ring, Triple H set up the announcers tables for someone to get slammed through and Chris Benoit grabbed Triple H on top of the announcer's table and he went for a German suplex on the tables but Triple H blocked it and went for the Pedigree but Benoit was able to fight out of it and Shawn Michaels joined the fight and all three men were on top of the tables and Michaels and Triple H looked at each other and then they grabbed Benoit and gave him a double team suplex through the Smackdown! announce table!

Shawn Michaels then got back in the ring and he challenged Triple H to get in the ring with him to finish this off. Triple H got in the ring with Shawn Michaels and the two went and they fought right back to the outside of the ring as Jim Ross said that he said it once but they need EMTs out here for Chris Benoit.

Shawn Michaels sent Triple H into the steel ring post and that busted Triple H opened and then Shawn brought Triple H back into the ring and laid into him with some hard right hands. Triple H kicked Shawn Michaels in the gut and then planted him with the Pedigree and Triple H rolled over and covered Shawn Michaels but only got a two count as Chris Benoit somehow got in the ring and broke up the pinfall.

Triple H went for the Pedigree on Chris Benoit but Chris Benoit countered it into the sharpshooter and Triple H was writhing in pain, a bloody mess and he fought and clawed to get to the bottom rope but Chris Benoit pulled Triple H back towards the center of the ring. Shawn Michaels eventually got back in the ring and he laid into Chris Benoit with the super kick to send him down to the mat.

Shawn Michaels went to the corner and tuned up for the sweet chin music and the fans chanted "Benoit, Benoit!" and they booed as Michaels geared up for the super kick. Shawn went for the super kick on Benoit but Benoit dumped Shawn Michaels to the outside of the ring.

The finish:

Benoit then turned around and Triple H went for the Pedigree but Chris Benoit was able to counter it into the Crippler Crossface to a huge pop from the crowd in New York City and Triple H reached to get to the ropes but was unable to get to the ropes and Triple H tried to counter the Crossface but Benoit held onto it and the crowd was WELL BEHIND Chris Benoit at this point. Chris Benoit finally forced Triple H to tap out to the Crippler Crossface and we have a new World Heavyweight Champion!

Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit

The Aftermath:

Eddie Guerrero came out to the ring as the WWE Heavyweight Champion and he cheered on Chris Benoit and then the two hugged in the center of the ring and what an emotional moment for Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero who are now both World Heavyweight Champions within World Wrestling Entertainment!

There, you are all caught up. :D

Archived