Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins pick Mike Williams???

Joey T

Any thoughts about this:doh: [/b]

They are idiots. We already have a bonifide #1WR in Coles. A subpar #1WR playing WR#2 in Gardner and McCants, Jacobs, and Johnson fighting for our #3. NO WAY we take Williams, give him a huge contract and bonus and have him come in as a #3WR unless we are trying to trade Gardner. Which could be possible. Gibbs might not have been impressed with Gardners hands while watching tape of him.

All of those picks are backwards. The Gints taking Vince Wilfork with the #4 pick? WTF? Why would they take another questionable Miami DT when they have borderline bust William Joseph on their roster? It makes no sense.

There is no chance we take Mike Williams, unless Gibbs loses his mind. I don't understand why everybody has a hard on for these wideouts. We already set at that position. Anymore would be overkill.

If we stand pat, we should take Taylor. If we trade down, we should take Udeze. Nobody else.

First off, Mike Williams hasn't even run his forty time yet, so much will depend on that.

Secondly, the first 5 picks of this mock draft are about the worst I have seen yet on any mock draft.

San Diego will either choose a QB -- being that they only have Brees and Flutie -- or they will trade out of the spot.

Anyone picking Wilfork in the top 5 -- with his weight problems and short arms -- would have to be crazy.

This mock is really ridiculous. :)

Originally posted by SonnyRules

We have loads of receivers on this team and we won't fill all the holes in the F/A market. A defensive choice is my bet.

Does everybody really think we are that "deep" at wr?

Coles is a no brainer, but after that there are question marks, IMO.

Rod had a terrible year and has been inconsistent. McCnats is a great red zone receiver but outside of that he is still unproven.

After those two, do we really have anyone that puts fear into opposing defenses?

I'm not saying draft Williams because I want Taylor. But, if you really think about it we are not as deep as some believe.

I think drafting a wr would be retarded. YES, we have enough recievers already. Coles is a solid number 1, Gardner is a good number 2, and behind him we have Mccants who is underrated, taylor Jacobs who we drafted LAST year, and Cliff Russell who we drafted the year before that. We definately don't need any more wr's. We arent running the fun and gun anymore. OUr defense is really lagging behind our offense, and I would really question the coaching staff is we draft another wr.

Udeze falls to 15. The Bucs are tempted to take Roy Williams, but hold the phone... they arlready have a stable corp of WR's. WTF?? Stable Corp? McCardell is good, but will retire very soon I gotta belive, Jeravicious is a decent, DECENT #2.

"The Bucs would be tempted to take WR Reggie Williams here, but the team already has a stable full of WRs and should go in a different direction and select Udeze. Udeze would be an upgrade over Greg Spires and complement Simeon Rice. Some scouts say Udeze will be a top-10 pick, but we are not convinced. "

Well I'm not convnced you even know what the NFL Draft is

Originally posted by SkinsandTerps

Skins wont Draft a WR unless they Trade one. IMO.

They could trade Rod Gardner for a second round pick, maybe to the Jets (we could be big enough to toss them a bone, lol), and pick up Mike Williams. Honestly, I think Mike Williams is going to be bigger than Fitzgerald, than Terrell Owens, etc. At 6'5" and the strength and athleticism he poses this would be huge. Yes I know Udeze would be great on Defense, but Mike Williams is a definite Hall of Famer in my opinion. :2cents:

I think that you have to get the player with the best value when you draft - need is secondary. That said, Kellen Winslow does meet a need we have for a tight end, and I think he is the kind of player that has perennial all-pro written all over him. We have good receivers on our team, but we need a tight end to really open up our offense.

The Redskins are still looking to add defensive line help through free agency, and are shoring up our secondary if Butler becomes a Redskin. Offering Butler a chance to join us telegraphs that we won't draft Sean Taylor it seems to me.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

They must have had blindfolded chimpanze's pulling ping pong balls out of a hat for that draft. And I know the chimps must have been blindfolded because even a freaking CHIMP would know we wouldn't draft a WR.

my sentiments exactly...somebody has been smokin' crack instead of looking at what the Skins need.

My response to this....uhmmmm....NO!

:high:

Archived