Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Defense and Intensity (my first post on this forum)

Radar

My first post to this illustrious forum:

Last season, I felt like our defense underperformed for the level of talent we had. Sure, there were more well rounded and talented defenses in the league, but with an extremely talented linebacker corps and solid secondary I think that we could have done much better. I remember watching games, kinda scratching my head ... wondering what was missing. Then, a big third or fourth down would come along and all the sudden the defense would come alive. What was missing?:

INTENSITY

PRIDE

KILLER INSTINCT

THE PURE JOY OF MAKING THE OPPOSING TEAM'S OFFENSE FEEL PAIN.

It is my biggest hope for this team that the return of Gibbs brings back the essence of what it is to be a Redskin. This has been missing in recent years. Mr. Snyder's approach the last few years has made it very difficult to keep alive the attributes of the great Redskin teams: selflessness, work ethic, pride for team, family, and deep, passionate, seathing, hatred for all things Dallas. With Mr. Snyder adding and discharging players so frequently these qualities have been missing and I think it was reflected in many of the players playing with a marked lack of passion. This was particularly evident last season.

So, my biggest hope for this next season...I want our team to rediscover what it means to be a Redskin:

Play with Passion

Play with Intensity

Have Pride

Have Enthusiasm

Enjoy Inflicting Pain on Opposing Offenses

!PLEASE! REGAIN THE HATE FOR DALLAS

Gibbs appears to be on a mission to reinstall character to a team starving for character. It is exciting to be a Redskin Fan again. Welcome home coach Gibbs. Let's all hope His return signals a long period of consistent leadership and a return to traditional Redskin values.

By the way, I hate the freaking Dallas Cowboys and everything that they represent. America's team my a$$.

Radar...

I already like you! Welcome aboard! And trust me, you're not the only one who hates the cowgirls with a flaming passion. My hatered for them can't even be put into words. Watch, this team will have a top 5 defense and will be kickin Dall(take it up the)as up and down the feild. Can't wait, can you?

----------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Welcome to the board! Nice first post. :cheers:

I would only add that part of the reason for success on third and fourth down is the offense's choices are usualy narrowed. Thats why pass rushers are famous for pinning their ears back and hunting the QB in those situations and why first and second downs are so important.

radar,

Welcome. Your wishlist is one that I share with you.

The difference of watching a team play with passion and excitement verses going through the motions is dearly needed on this team.

I truly hope Gibbs can restore the pride in this organization amongst the players. And the despise of all things from Texas.

Originally posted by KirkNC

radar,

I truly hope Gibbs can restore the pride in this organization amongst the players. And the despise of all things from Texas.

Wait a second ...Texas ain't all bad.

Remember that new franchise that had never played a game???but yet some how found a way to bet the girls????????????????

I'll remember that one for a long time!!!

Welcome aboard Radar. Good analysis and nice post. I especially liked this part.

Original quote by Radar:

So, my biggest hope for this next season...I want our team to rediscover what it means to be a Redskin:

Play with Passion

Play with Intensity

Have Pride

Have Enthusiam

Enjoy Inflicting Pain on Opposing Offenses

PLEASE! REGAIN THE HATE FOR DALLAS

:cool:

Originally posted by riggins44

I agree Radar. BTW...I have the Cowboys as much as you.

The Cowboys suck!! The only time I did any type of cheer for them, was when the punk spiked the ball in the middle of the field, and a cowboy hit him. I would have cheered for anyone though who hit that punk.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

The Cowboys suck!! The only time I did any type of cheer for them, was when the punk spiked the ball in the middle of the field, and a cowboy hit him. I would have cheered for anyone though who hit that punk.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Would that be the same punk that some on another thread are trying to convince us we need to trade for???

:puke:

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

One and the same! :hump:

People should stop wasting valuable brain power concocting reasons for us to spend money on that bum. There is no way I'd want to risk L.Coles' loyalty and the teams well-being on the chance that TO could slightly improve our offense.

Plus, I like cheering against the guy.

Archived