Chad Bratzke DE Released 6-5 270 10 Colts N/A

Phillip Daniels DE Released 6-5 285 8 Bears Redskins N/A

Raylee Johnson DE Released 6-3 272 11 Chargers N/A

Sean Moran DE Released 6-4 275 8 49ers N/A

Talance Sawyer DE Released 6-2 270 5 Vikings N/A

Bruce Smith DE Released 6-4 262 19 Redskins N/A

Gary Walker DE Released 6-2 305 9 Texans Texans N/A

Marcellus Wiley DE Released 6-4 275 7 Chargers N/A

the number at the end is the grade given to the player based on Scouts Inc grading process

Grade: Insider and Scouts Inc have come up with a rating system for the best Free Agents on the market. Grades are from 0-100.

90-100: Elite Player

Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. ... Premier NFL player with all the skills to consistently play at a championship level... Rates in the top 5 at his position in the league.

80-89: Outstanding Player

Player has abilities to create mismatches against most opponents in the NFL. ... A feature player who has an impact on the outcome of the game. ... Cannot be shut down by a single player and plays on a consistent level week in and week out. ... Rates at the top 10 at his position in the league.

75-79: Solid Starter

Solid starter who is close to being an elite player. ... No glaring weaknesses and will usually win his individual match-up, but does not dominate in every game, especially when matched against the top players in the league. ... Will usually rate in the top 20 players at his position in the league.

70-74: Good Starter

Good starter who is usually a consistent player with excellent competitiveness and is the heart of the team, but is not a dominant player against the better players he faces on a weekly basis. ... Gives you great effort, and you are glad he is on your team, but he may or may not go to the next level.

65-69: Adequate Starter

This player is an adequate starter who will give a solid effort week in and week out, but he is overmatched against the better players in the league. ... His weaknesses will be exposed, and he will not survive most man-to-man matchups. ... He is a player you like having on your team, but he is never going to be a star, and you could live with him. ... He defines the term "blue collar."

60-64: Good Backup

This is a player who is really on the bubble and only starts because of a team's deficiency at the position. ... He lacks complete overall skills, and although he will battle, he will hinder his team's ability to play at a championship level if forced to be in the starting lineup consistently over a 16-game season. ... This player needs to be a solid contributor in the kicking game or show great versatility at his position to keep his roster spot. ... He is a player you don't mind having on your team, but you are always looking to upgrade.

Argue away...

unless recently signed, how bout Ebeneezer, Chad Bratzke, or Tony Brackens, Bertrand Barry. I know they are somewhat after Barry. I feel we still need another Defensive End, I keep hearing Daniel's isn't stellar.

I hope we at least see what kind of money Wiley will command. IMO, he's the best talent out there. He's no longer elite and shouldn't be able to get elite money. If he's not able to, maybe we could get him at a decent price. He could be productive for about 3 solid seasons IMO.

I would love to see you guys give a few million to Ebenezer Ekuban. I say that as a Cowboy fan. He was drafted as a passrusher and he cant get to the QB. He is fast and he goes all out, but he isnt a good player. Dallas was going to try him at LB if he decided to return and fight for a roster spot. He really isnt even a good rotation DE.

Maybe it's time to go to the 3-4 like Pittsburgh does. Sign Dhani Jones or Carlos Emmons and go with 4 backers. Why force scrub lineman into a system when you can just change the system? I know it's not that easy to change but we certainly have the linebackers to do it.

According to the Washington Times, don't expect any DE signings soon. I would expect that we might draft one or pick somebody up post June first. The Times quote:

"The presence of Arrington and now Washington appears to be a key reason the Redskins are not chasing another defensive end. The club exited the bidding for star Jevon Kearse early Wednesday, and club sources said there are no immediate plans for any of the remaining ends."

Originally posted by six4g

Repeat after me ...........Marcellus Wiley. 7 year vet......2 years removed from Pro Bowl. Why not?

I agree with a previous post here. Wiley is more interested in his appearances on MTV Cribs, BET's How ya livin, ESPN to brag about how many groupies he has stored in his cell phone and his personal interests.

This is a guy who obviously has become overwhelmed with himself and priorities are more directed to enjoying the lifestyles of a professional athlete and not dedicating himself to winning and maintaining a more consistent on-the-field performance.

IMO ---------- CAVIET EMPTOR ---- BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived