Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you see "The Passion of the Christ"

Commander PK

My entire church is going en masse tomorrow.

We went last night and while I didnt tear up like I did with Tusgekee Airmen and other movies she did shed alot of tears for the both of us

Alot of couples were holding each other.

At the end of the film in the parking lot we talked to people of different denominations/faiths in some ways it felt like the million man march again.

Feb 27 2004

Christopher Hitchens

A FEW years ago, Mel Gibson got himself into an argument after uttering a series of crude remarks that were hostile to homosexuals.

Now he has made a film that principally appeals to the gay Christian sado-masochistic community: a niche market that hasn't been sufficiently exploited.

If you like seeing handsome young men stripped and tied up and flayed with whips, The Passion Of The Christ is the movie for you.

Hard to imagine the rest was worth reading after the clearly biased premise he presented. He must be the resident movie critic from MoveOn.org.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Hard to imagine the rest was worth reading after the clearly biased premise he presented. He must be the resident movie critic from MoveOn.org.

Yeah, a journalist with an opinion. Ha, what a notion!

Hitchens is someone who I actually respect on a number of political issues, one of the only honorable leftists, though he himself says he's drifted outside the left.

But he still has a stick up his arse about religion, he's the guy who did the expose on Mother Theresa, and while I actually agreed with some of his views on her, I'm not sure I trust him to be objective on this film.

Originally posted by 979guy

Yeah, a journalist with an opinion. Ha, what a notion!

If he's reviewing a movie and plans to post the review - he should at least be professional - regardless of his 'opinion'. I frankly don't care if he wants to bash Mel Gibson - or hates the movie, but don't waste our time..

Christopher Hitchens is a columnist for Vanity Fair.

Oh, nevermind. :doh:

I can't believe I even read it in the first place

PH

Hitchens may have a bias on this issue, but don't question him because he writes for Vanity Fair. He has a stunning wit and comprehension despite some bouts of emotionalism.

He's also one of the cooler characters you'll see on TV, with a drink and a cigarette going on about some political or social issue.

He has the c.v. don't judge him on the Vanity Fair thing(which by the way, has had a few investigative pieces to its credit)

I saw the movie Wednesday night. It was very powerful, very intense, very brutal, very realistic, and very literal to the Gospels in the Bible. There was virtually no talking in the theatre; people were absorbed by the movie and the message. There was no sobbing, just tears of sorrow among many in the theatre. There was little talking after the film; it was that intense. For Christians, it brings the sacrifice of Christ to light. I felt that I too had died a little in watching it. Is that a great movie? Who knows, but I am glad that it is made and that I saw it.

My mom said it was a good movie and she didn't see the anti-semitism in it.

They even show the Pharisees paying people money to be part of the "mob" but by the end the crowd is for Jesus, so I find it difficult to believe one can form an Anti-semitic thought from this film, unless you already were looking for some reason.

• 1 year later...
Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with his post. :laugh:

I think he posted in the wrong thread. :D

Whoa, sorry fellas, don't know what happen there, I was looking for old brunell bashing threads, I have no clue why I posted a reply to this one, the reason I said "search" mode rules was cause I ended finding one and then I thought I replied to it ... my bad :laugh:

Archived