Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woodson...

method man

If Champ Bailey leaves, what do you think about getting Charles Woodson as his replacement. Bailey is better than Woodson in coverage and behavior but Woodson is the complete package. unlike bailey woodson can rush the passer and makes more plays. In the free agency market, Champ may end up costing maybe 200k per year more than woodson

Originally posted by method man

Gibbs wouldnt let him though, because he is a key player. Gibbs called Darrel Green the best punt returner he had ever seen but never used him there because he didnt want him to risk getting hurt.

Oh yes he did. In the playoffs. :D

I have mentioned this idea, too. If Champ leaves, offer Woodson almost the same contract we offered Champ, Woodson would take it in a second, probably solved, you lose almost nothing at CB then.

And you get at least an extra first rounder, plus another high draft pick or good player out of it.

Look at it this way folks, would you rather have:

Solution #1: Keep Champ, for a lot of money.

Solution #2: Trade Champ for a 1st rounder and another high draft pick or good player, and then sign Woodson to a similar contract offered to Champ.

Though it would somewhat strain the cap, there are ways around that, solution 2 would make us come out on top.

Originally posted by Hauss

Woodson is a cancer.

the raiders entire team is a cancer if you get him away from them , and more importantly get him under gibbs hed be alright , but i dont see the raiders letting him go

woodsen + taylor > bailey+ bowen or olhet???

Originally posted by ccableguy

the raiders entire team is a cancer if you get him away from them , and more importantly get him under gibbs hed be alright , but i dont see the raiders letting him go

Exactly. Al Davis would cull a load of vets before letting Woodson leave via FA.

Woodson would be a nice replacement. My vote is for Ahmed Plummer who had a great year and would be less expensive. There are actually several FA corners we can pick up that wouldn't get burned anymore than Chump did this past season. We all have to remember that without a pass rush it doesn't matter who is in the secondary.

" Don't taunt me...

That would be the greatest thing ever to a Michigan fan."

todd i couldnt agree with you more!! being the GIANT michigan fan that i am if you are talking about woodson im ALL for it! woodson before the injuries was the best CB in the nfl :) he was the ONLY DB to win the heisman and i think actually the only defensive player period to win the heisman...go get woodson!

i think if we are going to lose Champ cause of the money issue, it doesnt make sense to offer almost the same amount of money to Woodson. Granted Woodson is good as Champ when healthy but that is the problem. i would rather pay little more to keep Champ who has less injury history than Woodson. If champ leaves then i see us going for more of a Winfield price range CB and spending the money saved on DL

Archived