Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Egyptians & Antigravity

stratoman

Originally posted by Om

Shall I go on, tex?

Please do.

I'm not the sort to drive other opinions into the dirt. Indeed, the opposite is true; I value the opinion of others. The explanations you offered are interesting to say the least but as they say there are always two sides to every coin.

Ergo:

The last known individual to possess the Coso Artifact was one of the original discoverers, Wallace Lane. According to the Spring 1969 issue of INFO Journal, Lane was the last known person to possess the object. It was on display in his home, but he adamantly refused to allow anyone to examine it. However, he had a standing offer to sell it for $25,000. In September 1999, a national search was attempted to locate any of the original discoverers, but the attempt was fruitless. The authors of this article suspect that Wallace Lane is dead, and the location of the artifact is unknown, possibly destroyed. Virginia Maxey is alive, but is avoiding any public comment. The whereabouts of Mike Mikesell are still unknown.

I'll agree with the sparkplug theory simply because I doubt that an authentic artifact of this nature would simply disappear. More likely it was kept from prying eyes to prevent discovery of facts. The question is which side would those facts support? So much contradiction surrounds the thing.

Where are Mt. St. Helens "lava balls":laugh: . In the distance past Far west Texas experienced more than it's share of volcanism but no lave balls are found here. I’ll continue to watch this one.

What else?

It comes down to this:

none of us were alive 100 years ago let alone 10's of thousands of years ago. My belief is that if you haven't proven something didn't or couldn't have happened or be done, then it is possible, that certain things happened or are possible.:2cents:

Originally posted by Ancalagon the Black

Om, after your constant recommending, I have to order it. :)

Amazon is telling me that I should get Dragons of Eden too. Opinion?

I myslef received it via Amazon with Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. :) But if you're about Carl Sagan - Dragons of Eden is awesome (a word I do not usually tend to use). This man could take you on voyages billions of light years away and just as well show you your own inner world as if it itself spanned for billions of lightyears.

Not too recently I've read Billions & Billions which covers a variety of thoughts and topics. It was more of a personal account than his other works, more his take on things - lots of things (not that he usually denies you his opinions) and very compelling.

Tex, I’m trying to figure out if you’re for real here or not. Which is why I speculated that perhaps you were just trying to spice things up.

Apparently not.

The point of my post–which, forgive me, but I thought was abundantly clear–was not to “squash” anyone’s opinions, but to point out that citing examples of the kind of phenomena you did, with the apparent intent of supporting the contention that ...

Either mankind is much older than we think, other beings and civilizations existed on earth or our dating methods are incorrect.

... is at best irresponsible, and at worst woefully naive, on many levels.

You offered only the titillating tabloid-type versions of these phenomena based on a results page from about.com search on the “paranormal,” then presented them here as fact. They are not “fact.” Each and every one of them is subject to all kinds of legitimate inquiry as to their authenticity, causes and meaning. Yet you have jumped to the most fantastic conclusions about them here, simply accepting probably the least scientifically sound explanation for each, and used them to support your above blanket statement.

You do know Occam’s Razor, right?

Tell you what. Rather than argue each one of the selected phenomena you presented as fact, let me just ask YOU whether or not you have independently researched for yourself the readily available discussions on each, studying each one impartially and objectively, and, based on that research, reached the independent conclusion that:

Either mankind is much older than we think, other beings and civilizations existed on earth or our dating methods are incorrect.

If you did, then I’ll just tip my hat and tell you I think your opinion is based on leaps of logic not supported by the evidence ... but I’ll humbly respect your right to have done so.

It's been years since I read Dragons of Eden, AtB, so I'm not 100% sure how some of Sagan's conclusions in that book have stood up to the sciencific research since then ... but I can tell you that you will absolutely NOT be disappointed.

That was the first of his books I ever read, and the one that convinced me to read everything the man ever wrote. :)

I’m afraid you miss judged me Om. Your debunking of the sparkplug embedded in stone, offered by some as proof of a reality far different than most expect, was quit refreshing. If you are able to offer information debunking any of the other examples I love to see it.

Tex, you misjudge me as well. :)

I'm not the one who accepted any of the "examples" on their face without researching them first. That was you. Nor, with all due respect, do I feel compelled to research them all in order to provide you with "refreshing" debunkery. If you wish to learn about these phenomena and determine for yourself what you believe "the truth" about them to be, I recommend taking the time and initiative to do so on your own, and to your satisfaction.

It really isn't hard.

I heartily recommend www.google.com. :)

Great Stone Balls of Costa Rica?

Make a hell of a nickname :)

This thread is giving me a 'Chariots of the Gods' flashback. One thing struck me as funny when I heard all of this stuff back in the 1970's ....the same folks that were trying to convince me that ancient peoples were visited and mentored by an alien race, were selling the notion that they crossed the oceans in ships made of papyrus reeds.

'We're from Andromeda....16 billion light years away....and we wish to revolutionize your use of papyrus reed. Bow before us!'

Just strikes me as odd.

Besides, if the Egyptians and their alien friends were really so smart, why didn't they invent the NFL Sunday Ticket?

I'm going to check our Sagan's book Om. I read 'Contact' in college (required reading in an astronomy class) and learned about 'Drakes Equation' as well. Drake's has alway kind of amused me....'how many alien species are out there?'....answer: Either billions. Or none. Talk about hedging your bets!

Interesting stuff though!

Originally posted by Om

Tex, you misjudge me as well. :)

I'm not the one who accepted any of the "examples" on their face without researching them first. That was you. Nor, with all due respect, do I feel compelled to research them all in order to provide you with "refreshing" debunkery. If you wish to learn about these phenomena and determine for yourself what you believe "the truth" about them to be, I recommend taking the time and initiative to do so on your own, and to your satisfaction.

It really isn't hard.

I heartily recommend www.google.com. :)

Again you make an assumption. Your reticence to continue implies that either you can’t debunk any of the other examples given or that you are simply exhausted. No matter, I still applaud your use of brainpower to assimilate information and perform reasoning based on it. Others use it to invent dream worlds they would prefer to inhabit, pretend they do inhabit them and demand everyone else conform to their pretensions.

I was reserving this for later but since you tire I’ll post it now. I’ll even save you the time it takes to read it. The piece basically concludes that the origin of the stones remains a mystery.

It was reported on January 17, 2003 that after a mysterious object flew over taiga, microscopic balls of some strange origin were discovered in land digging in the city of Dalnegorsk. It is still unknown whether that was a meteorite, a fragment of a missile or a UFO. Doctor of technical science, academician in the Russian Academy of natural sciences and honorary member of the NY Academy of Sciences, Anatoly Gar****s says that similar, but huge balls have been found in different parts of the world. They are called balls of antique gods. The scientists think that this fantastic story can be explained quite logically.

Anatoly Gar****s told that a very interesting discovery had been made in the Central American republic of Costa Rica in the early 1940s. Workers who deforested the tropical jungle for future banana plantations suddenly came across giant stone sculptures of a regular globe form. The largest of them weighted about 16 tons. The smallest balls were not bigger than a ball with which children usually play, it was just 10 centimeters in diameter. The balls were placed in groups, each group included from three to fifty balls.

The artifacts were called ?balls with which gods played.¦ When scientists looked at the balls from board of a plane, the scene looked like a page from a geometry textbook. Rows of huge stone balls made up gigantic triangles, squares, circles and other more intricate figures of a regular form as if they were oriented especially according to the part of the world. And this scene stretched to dozens of kilometers! Who did it, when and why?

According to the original estimates made by archeologists, the age of the balls was referred to the 14-15th centuries of the Common Era when forefathers of Indians, Inca and Maya, were living in those places. It-s hardly believable that they could make lots of such balls without special instruments although cultures of the people were rather developed. Is it possible that some other civilization unknown to science lived on the territory of Costa Rica?

To investigate the issue intensive digging was started, which in their turn revealed more unbelievable facts. First of all, in those places where the huge balls were discovered no articles belonging to human life such as pots, instruments or decorations could be found. So, people could have no connection with the stone balls. Second, it turned out that the age of the artifacts was even older, different hypotheses said it could be from 100.000 to 500.000 years.

As the stone balls were grouped in forms resembling celestial constellations, it was suggested that they were probably astronomic observatories, a planetarium built by representatives of some other civilization. It was also suggested the place could be a ritual or war assemblage of some giant warriors. One hypothesis became the most popular: it said that guests from the space picked out the place for their cosmodrome, and the stone balls were limitation lines and guiding lines to determine their course. Many researchers took modern equipment that existed by that moment and agreed to wait for years till guests from the space would come to that place.

Unfortunately nobody arrived in that place. But later information appeared that similar stone sculptures were found in Mexico, Brazil, the USA, Australia, Nepal, Egypt, Kazakhstan, in Russia-s Altay and even in Franz Joseph Land. Later, they were found in the 1970s in Crimea and in the Caucasus.

One of scientists investigating the phenomenon, doctor of biological sciences Valentin Glazkov tells that incredible rumors were spread about hundreds of strange stone balls. For example, it was reported that there was some ?anomalous field¦ around the balls where electrical appliances went mad, watch stopped and behavior of live organisms became abnormal. People visiting the zone where the balls were placed registered rapid pulse, disordered sleep and lapses of memory. Many sensational statements were made at that time in connection with the balls. For example, it was said the stone balls were tuned in particular waves to transmit information to the space; those who managed to establish a contact correctly could be healed of any disease and could also have any wish fulfilled. Such incredible statements became an incentive for more and more people wishing to visit the site where the balls were placed. The site became the place of mass pilgrimage. And, is it sometimes happens, some people actually were healed of their diseases and others were unbelievably lucky after the visited the place.

Three large balls found at the end of the 1970s in Guadalahara were delivered to the American University in the state of New York, where they were cut and thoroughly analyzed. No traces of material culture were found inside of the balls. And scientists declared that the artifacts couldn-t be made by human beings. The internal structure of the balls was complicated; it was a coiled alloy of rare-earth metals. Chemical properties of these alloys were actually mysterious.

Nevertheless, geologists said that the balls were highly likely of natural origin. They had been created not by gods or creatures from the space; they appeared as a result of effect of such natural factors as water, wind and rain that had been washing ashes and ground for thousands of years. Obviously, several volcanoes awaked on the Central American territory 25-40 million years ago; convulsions of these volcanoes caused terrible earthquakes. Lava and red-hot ashes covered large territories. Glassy particles ejected from the volcanoes started making spheres which further turned into balls.

A ball of a regular form can appear only if crystallization goes equally in all directions. Leading research assistant of the Central Research Geology Institute of rare-earth and non-ferrous metals Yelena Matveyeva says that the balls emerged on the surface of the planet as a result of exfoliation, weathering that operates in regions with large daily overfall. Similar balls are found under the surface where temperatures are stable.

However, all scientists say that the phenomenon hasn't been solved yet. Some granite balls cannot be described with this theory; it seems as if they were polished by humans. It's not clear what giants made the huge balls and what tiny people made those small balls discovered in Dalnegorsk mentioned above. Can they be special signs sent to people living at present which we still cannot unriddle?

I was reserving this for later but since you tire I’ll post it now. I’ll even save you the time it takes to read it. The piece basically concludes that the origin of the stones remains a mystery.

Tire? No. Lose steam when your busy schedule keeps us from exchanging posts but once a day? Yes.

Thanks for absolving me of the responsibility to read the whole thing, though. I'll take you at your word. You say the origin of the stones remains a mystery. Yes. It does.

And that that brings us back to where we started.

You took that conclusion, and from it, decided it must mean we have been visited by aliens, that there must have been great technological civilizations prior to recorded history, or that our dating methods are wrong.

Myself, I accept that conclusion and, until something comes along to prove otherwise, opt to think that there is probably a far more pedestrian, scientifically sound explanation that simply has not come to light yet, and move on with my life. I don't feel the need you apparently do to "fill in the blanks" with a set of fantastic, unsupportable options.

I think that about covers my take for today.

Talk to you tomorrow, or maybe the day after. :)

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee - an eight foot tall Wookiee - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

What does that have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

None of this makes sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Why would a Wookiee - an eight foot tall Wookiee - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

Maybe Endor's his Neverland?:(

Plus it's a well known scientific fact that the Ewoks are actually miniature Wookies sold on the Internet, hence - "e-Wookie" which became, in time, just "Ewok". Of course all that was before the e-wookies invented the lightbulb, and sent it via those huge beetle-like creatures and Milla Jovovich to Egypt - yes EGYPT, where Thomas Edison was atually born (under the name of Yusef Gamaal, or as we know him - Joe Camel).

It all makes sense. Ah, Science!

I have seen a lucas interview were his original thought process was that only wookies lived there. He knew he would make more money on merchandising if he changed the locals to small cute cuddly things. Just a thought.

Skin in site, e-mail me or pm me. I will check to see what 1-2 I am missing for the first 3 seasons. Anyone who helps me get the missing episodes I will send them all the episodes in chronological order for all 7 seasons plus the tribute to Monty Python and the first 2 pilots.

When I get home from work I will post the ones I am missing. After I get them all anyone who wants them can do a trade with me. Thanks Tommy

Originally posted by 979guy

Plus it's a well known scientific fact that the Ewoks are actually miniature Wookies sold on the Internet, thus - "e-Wookie" which became, in time, just "Ewok". Of course all that was before they invented the lightbulb, and sent it via those huge beetle-like creatures and Milla Jovovich to Egypt - yes EGYPT, where Thomas Edison was atually born (under the name of Yusef Gamaal, or as we know him - Joe Camel).

Wait, I thought Al Gore invented the internet...

Archived