Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's America's favorite team?

Renegade7

I was just searching the web and say something very interesting at espn.com. It's a list of the best fan-satisfing teams in the NFL from 1 to 32. It's a survey of 31,000 fans including questons like fan relations and how they feel about the owner of the team. I know it probably doesn't have the vote of a single die-hard skins fan(we're ranked 23:mad: ), but i figured ya'll would want to check it out anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsnation/franchiseRanks?sport=nfl&year=2004

and ya, philly and dallas are ranked ahead of us. that's y it seems like useless bs to me.

-----------------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

They have the Spurs as America's overall favorite team. I've never been to one of their games, so i could argue against it. It's probably just cuz they won the championship last year. It's gotta be green bay. As much as i luv the skins( till i die) i still see more Packer jerseys wherever i go much more then i see any Redskins jerseys. Maybe that's cuz we got more fair weather fans, i don't know.

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by Redskin11

All of our MD teams are ranked in the 2nd half :/

do we count as a MD team? Never mind. Were still in the bottom half anyway( #91). This sucks, but in the end it doens't really matter.

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by OtNaz24

They have the Spurs as America's overall favorite team. I've never been to one of their games, so i could argue against it. It's probably just cuz they won the championship last year. It's gotta be green bay. As much as i luv the skins( till i die) i still see more Packer jerseys wherever i go much more then i see any Redskins jerseys. Maybe that's cuz we got more fair weather fans, i don't know.

I was in San Antonio during their '99 Championship run. They have ridiculous fans--which is made easier by the fact that they are the only show in town and the fact that they have been pretty competitive on a consistent basis ever since they drafted David Robinson.

They have Spurs billboards up all over town throughout the year. It's a pretty big deal.

I really hate these. They're always so flavor of the month, and they have to be altering their ratings in order to make these teams placed where they want.

ie, Royals rated as having best stadium in baseball, Chiefs #3 in football (that's awful), Lions not in top half, Lakers and Clippers having different ratings for stadium. Hate 'em.

The number of bandwagon fans make me sick to my stomach (excuse my language) I hate the mother fu*ker that live in Richmond VA and like the Dolphins or Broncos or Cowboys or Panthers, you know in my high school that has about 1300 kids only 15 are open skins fans, there are more Green Bay fans than 'skins fans even though none of these jerks has stepped foot in Wisconsin let alone ever seen a GB game live. I know dozens of people that outright hate the skins even though they don't like football (including more than one of my teachers that thinks the name is racist) I mean wtf is up with that, you live in Virginia you like the Redskins you can like Miami if you f' ing move to Florida. :rant:

I think that should be a capital crime, Equality.

Although, I'll say this: If you are a little kid and you just watch football one day, you are apt to fall in love with whoever catches your eye that day. I used to like Nebraska for a couple years after the Orange Bowl against Miami(I know they lost) I had even named my pet rabbit, Turner after their QB Turner Gill. But soon afterwards my genetic predisposition towards Michigan emerged and I put away the Nebraska love.

That's different though, I didn't HATE michigan for those 2 years, I just put them at second. BUt to be a GB fan? That's bandwagoning--they probably dig it because of the 90s when Favre was winning.

I'd say based on my travels and how many Skins fans I've met from around the country that the Skins are actually pretty high up. Remember that a lot of the South has the Skins in their heart.

Raiders are high up there too, for all the obvious(and wrong) reasons. Um...Cowboys, ugh....Who else? Lakers.LOL

F-ing bandwagoneers.

Originally posted by OtNaz24

I have been in San Antonio since 1991 (Watched 'Skins vs KC on a Monday night from hotel when we moved here) I grew up in Northern VA. The people of San Antonio love the Spurs! They are THE team. I've been to RFK to watch the 'Skins and I've gone to Spurs games at the SBC Center. In both cases one can feel the excitement! (WHAT A RUSH!)

Go Skins!

Go Spurs Go!

I became a Spurs fan the day the Bullets became The Wizards

Originally posted by Equality

The number of bandwagon fans make me sick to my stomach (excuse my language) I hate the mother fu*ker that live in Richmond VA and like the Dolphins or Broncos or Cowboys or Panthers, you know in my high school that has about 1300 kids only 15 are open skins fans, there are more Green Bay fans than 'skins fans even though none of these jerks has stepped foot in Wisconsin let alone ever seen a GB game live. I know dozens of people that outright hate the skins even though they don't like football (including more than one of my teachers that thinks the name is racist) I mean wtf is up with that, you live in Virginia you like the Redskins you can like Miami if you f' ing move to Florida. :rant:

Almost everyone is a fairweather fan and likes mainstream, which is why people like MTV music and halftime shows. Probably the worst thing was to see people in school wearing Dallas cowboy jerseys and coats THE YEAR AFTER the Skins 92 superbowl. That's horrible.

Right now, just looking around, it seems that everyone pretty much loves Green Bay no matter what. Too bad they are coached by Mike Sherman.

How quickly everyone forgot the lesson of Howie's tough guy poll. The results were rigged and people's votes didn't really reflect their opinion. In other words, the polls mean squat. They are there to attract readers...not to inform. Ignore them.

Living here in Fla. I am sometimes amazed by the amount of Skins related items I see.I constantly see Skins liscense plates ,jersies,bumper stickers,and hats.I even see large Redskin flags flying.Of course that would be in my front yard.There are also fan clubs in the area.I have even seen entire vehicles done up in Skins attire. I frequently run into fellow fans.I would say that the Skins have 1 of the largest contingent of n.f.l. fans in S.W..Fla.

Archived