Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN:Redskins Banned in California

GatorEye

Originally posted by WallyG3Slice

At work, our trainers are not allowed to call the Dry Erase boards "White Boards", and they are not allowed to use the term "flip chart".

This PC crap has to stop somewhere!

ok, call me clueless, but how in the world is "flip chart" politically incorrect?

State officials estimate the change will cost schools about $125,000.

:doh:

Assemblyman Dave Cox, R-Fair Oaks, said the compromise represented the incremental beginning of eventually banning all Native American-related names.

"I was disappointed the Washington Redskins didn't make the playoffs," he said, regarding the National Football League team.

:laugh: If I lived out there, I'd vote for that guy. :laugh:

Assemblywoman Goldberg's e-mail Assemblymember.Goldberg@assembly.ca.gov <Assemblymember.Goldberg@assembly.ca.gov> AND her bio info

http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/acsframeset7text.htm

with a small sample excerpt.....

Assemblymember Goldberg resides in Echo Park with her life-partner, poet Sharon Stricker, who is also a teacher and is the Executive Director of LACER, a non-profit organization which runs arts and literacy based after school programs in middle schools in LAUSD. Their son Brian lives and works in San Diego. Goldberg holds her Bachelor of Arts degree from University of California, Berkeley, and a Masters in Education from the University of Chicago. She is a Los Angeles native and has been a resident of the District in Echo Park since 1967.

It is about time. Next we need to rename the Giants the New York Large People--and teh Cornhuskers to I don't know "struggling mid west farm hands".

The Titans, they will have to be the Mythilogical Characters that ruled Mt. Olympus before the Gods. (Put that on helmet).

Oh and the Raiders and the Bucs...maybe "those that raped pilliaged and plundered" That one might nees some work.

While were at it rename the Panthers. How about "Carniverous Cats"...yes that should work. Oh but what about Lions, Bengals and Jags.

How freakin rediculous is it that a state wants to worry about a nick name. Gibe me a break.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Assemblymember Goldberg resides in Echo Park with her life-partner, poet Sharon Stricker, who is also a teacher and is the Executive Director of LACER, a non-profit organization which runs arts and literacy based after school programs in middle schools in LAUSD. Their son Brian lives and works in San Diego.

My "life-partner" is called a wife.

Lest we forget others as well. Forty-Niners. Now, since we are in a more environment friendly age these days and considering the source, I think maybe a change is needed in San Fran. I mean, the Forty-Niners did pillage the land and drove many locals out in the search for gold. Can't have that now can we? How about the Eagles and Falcons. Damned shame to have this type of wonderful animal demeaned by being a "mascot". I'm sure PETA would agree. :rolleyes: :doh:

:cheers:

Originally posted by TC4

What do you expect from a bunch of PC liberals would would turn California into a Marxist state if they could get way with it

That is as ignorant a statement as saying the anti-privacy neo-cons would turn the US into a fascist paradise.

In the extreme edges of politics are populated entirely by lunatics. Doesn't matter which direction you go.

You are right Party City I guess the 49ers will have to be called "Those who mrdered all for the love of a sparkly rock" Its gonna be tough putting that one on a helmet too. And the Eagles and Falcons...Birds of Prey, or maybe fish eating, Talon sporting air flying creatures of the earth...maybe???

I dont know if anyone here works in\knows computer stuff, but if you do you are familiar with Master\Slave terminology for hard drives....Its against the law to use that terminology in Ca. Govt. when dealing with hard drives because its 'racist'.

Originally posted by arkowi

I dont know if anyone here works in\knows computer stuff, but if you do you are familiar with Master\Slave terminology for hard drives....Its against the law to use that terminology in Ca. Govt. when dealing with hard drives because its 'racist'.

I heard about that, what a crock of sh!t that was. Sadly you can't stop the PC police seeking to turn our world into a child story book fantasy land.

Archived