Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A 'Raiduh' fan's reason to love the Norvcus hiring

Redskins4Life

http://www.thenflforum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37977

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Originally posted by Murder_Inc

First off this means Bres is gone and Rex Ryan is taking over our defense.

Norv is a delegator which will work out so he can handle the offense which is his strong suit and Rex Ryan can turn our sorry D into the Westside Ravens..

Belichek was worse than Turner in his first Head coaching position and I don't hear the Pats fans complaining..

Al Davis may have regretted not hiring the more experienced coach when he went with Gruden and now in a similar situation wants to rectify his mistake...

Turner runs a ball control offense with deep passing which would fit our team if Porter is healthy and maybe draft a Fitzgerald...Wheatley can still pound it and Garner may come back...So whats not to like...

Who says Crennel and Weis dont come here and totally suck...

:twitch: :twitch:

Think they'll learn? I mean, we are talking about Raider fans here ... :shot:

and the hits just keep on coming:

Originally posted by RaiderDee

His head coaching tenure with the Redskins didn't yield a bunch of wins. But that can't be blamed entirely on Turner. There is a man named Dan Snyder that ran HIS football team the way HE wanted it run, regardless of how his coaches saw it. People say that Al Davis has too much control over the Raiders, well...Snyder makes Al look like a Boy Scout in comparison!

Snyder insisted on hiring high-prices free agents. In an attempt to make a "Super Team." Disregarding speculations if these individuals could work as a unit. Turner was also stuck with a QB named Brad Johnson. Remember him? The same QB we all taunted as a wannabe Gannon-clone that is nothing more than a system QB? No real help was given to this guy. The owner would submarine him at every corner.

The Redskins have had 3 Head coaches since Turner and NONE of them have done any better. The owner of that team is worse than Al Davis ever WILL BE! He has no trust in his coaches, he has no idea how to play the game, and he will continue to drive the Redskins into the ground. Norv Turner just happened to be in the crosshairs.

Everybody here and in Raiderland wanted change. We wanted to go in a new direction. We wanted a new head coach, off. coord., and def. coord. And someone with EXPERIENCE. Well, ...it looks as if we are getting just that. For once, we are not getting a "young guy" who's trying to break out and we are getting a NEW off. and def. coord. Beggars can't be choosy. Look at the bright side, we could have been stuck with an unexperienced Payton or some other untested guy.

:hammer: :hammer: :gus:

Do you possibly think he can't be right.

Belichik was 36 - 44 in his 5 years a Cleveland head coach with one winning season, one postseason apperance with one postseason win.

Norv Turner is every bit the offensive guru as Belichik is the defensive guru. Why can't you believe he can be a successful head coach.

If Norv fails in Oakland it will have more to do with the roster than it does with his coaching ability, just like here in D.C.

Poor guys. Getting all their hopes up like that, only to be crushed by a 4th quarter falling out. They might even win 7 of their first 8 games, and not make the playoffs. I know loved that year. Or lose the first seven games of the season? Yeah the Raiders can have Norv, and they will soon find out, why we all hate him now.

so Norv's defenders seem to be implying that he can only be assessed properly as a coach when he has HOF talent like Aikman, Smith and Irvin to work with :laugh:

the truth is that John Fox took over a 1-15 team and is in the Super Bowl in Year 3.

it didn't take him 6 years to make the playoffs for the first time after basically starting with the makings of an expansion team.

Norv had Charley Casserly and not Dan Snyder as his GM for the majority of his tenure and it was NORV who dictated the Shuler and Westbrook picks.

There is no one to blame for his faults other than Norv himself.

If Norv does do better this time, it will be because HE learned something about coaching that he failed to exhibit here :)

Raider fan still doesnt get it and blames the organization not the coach for Norvitus

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=51385

Predicto

Thoughts from a Skins fan...

Oh dear. Get ready for the nutless, bad-skinned mediocrity that is Norvall.

he blows, plain and simple

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-26-2004 10:36 AM

byron2112

Re: Thoughts from a Skins fan...

quote:Originally posted by Predicto

Oh dear. Get ready for the nutless, bad-skinned mediocrity that is Norvall.

he blows, plain and simple

Maybe it's just the redskin's organization(of late) that blows...

01-26-2004 11:16 AM

mhd24

Norv did crap before Snyder ever owned the Team. In 1998, (BEFORE SNYDER EVER OWNED THE TEAM), he started out 0-7, and proclaimed that what we do works. He couldn't develop any talent. Stephen Davis is the only player that was ever drafted during his tenure that developed as an offenseive player.

01-26-2004 11:49 AM

Jack's libido

Kneel before Zod!

I fairness to Norv, he actually did make the playoffs with that sinking ship in D.C.

01-26-2004 11:52 AM

byron2112

Didn't the deadskins "blow" before Snydler owned them?

01-26-2004 12:14 PM

Ugh! They still don't get what they're getting into ...

http://www.thenflforum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=320396#post320396

Originally posted by Murder_Inc

Norv Turner was on the way to the NFC championship if Brad Johnson doesnt make an ill advised throw against Tampon Bay...

And he won the division for the first time in 9 years there...WTF have the Redskins done that was great after Joe Gibbs left...Dan Snyder insisted on signings like Jeff George and other jackoffs when the team was clearly in need of only role players not a dismantling...So dont blame Norv Turner for that...

And people bringing up Aikman, Smith, and Irvin forget the job he did with Flutie, Tomlinson and Conway, and Fiedler,Williams, and Chambers....

He has done well in every situation obviously Dallas had more talent than the Dolts or the Fins but he still did a good job with what he had...

:gus: :hammer: :gus: :laugh:

Original take by TheSchwartz

Do you possibly think he can't be right.

Belichik was 36 - 44 in his 5 years a Cleveland head coach with one winning season, one postseason apperance with one postseason win.

Norv Turner is every bit the offensive guru as Belichik is the defensive guru. Why can't you believe he can be a successful head coach.

If Norv fails in Oakland it will have more to do with the roster than it does with his coaching ability, just like here in D.C.

Comparing Norv Turner to Bellicheck is a complete reach. First the last 4 Super Bowls will have been won on the defensive side of the football (we've seen this in the NBA, and now it's happening in the NFL)... Advantage Bellicheck

Second, Norv was only successful when he had 5 All Pro offensive lineman, the NFL's all time leading rusher, an All Pro QB, an All Pro WR, and and All Pro TE... Sure Norv contributed to their greatness, but considering his lack of success in less talented teams, you have to question whether his system will work with average to above average players.

Bellicheck on the other hand, is doing this with a bunch of role players as opposed to All Pros. That's a great coach...

I'm not writing Turner off, but I can't find any reason to expect him to have the same results as Bellicheck without coming across as a pure HOMER... (which is why I've been banned from all these HOMER Raider boards...) :cool:

So I guess you don't consider Richard Seymour, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison all-pro level, and Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, and Ted Washington pro-bowl level.

Check out the 1999 Redskins, Norv's best year. He coached in offense with Brad Johnson passing the ball to Michael Westbrook and Albert Connell to the second most points scored that year. All he needs is aa good running back, and last time I checked the Raiders had two good RBs in Charlie Garner and Ty Wheatley. Give him a chance, he will do good things there in Oakland.

Im not saying he is the best coach in NFL history. But he doesn't get the credit he deserves for leading mediocre to bad Redskins' teams to .500 and better records.

1999 was the only year of the last 10 where Norv coached a decent offense (7 seasons here, one in San Diego, 2 in Miami).

He needs a lot more than a good running back. He had two great seasons from Terry Allen, Stephen Davis for two seasons during the prime of his career, LaDanien Tomlinson for a year, and Ricky Williams during the prime of his career. And only one decent offense in all that time.

Original take by TheSchwartz

So I guess you don't consider Richard Seymour, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison all-pro level, and Willie McGinest, Tedy Bruschi, and Ted Washington pro-bowl level.

Check out the 1999 Redskins, Norv's best year. He coached in offense with Brad Johnson passing the ball to Michael Westbrook and Albert Connell to the second most points scored that year. All he needs is aa good running back, and last time I checked the Raiders had two good RBs in Charlie Garner and Ty Wheatley. Give him a chance, he will do good things there in Oakland.

Im not saying he is the best coach in NFL history. But he doesn't get the credit he deserves for leading mediocre to bad Redskins' teams to .500 and better records.

With the exceptions of Ty Law and Harrison, I think every Patriot you just mentioned is average.

Richard Seymore with 8 sacks - average.

Bruschi- more leadership than ability.

McGinest - are you kiddin' me?

Washington - 8 years ago when he was getting 80-90 tackles... sure, but he's only playing at half that level...

R. Colvin... he was supposed to be the gem of that defense, and they did this whole thing without him.

But when it comes to the system Turner likes to employ, I am absolutely and completely not sold. Jackass Davis gets up in the press conference and says defenses have caught up with the West Coast Offense so lets go back to power running and the vertical game. Uhhhhhhhh... last time I checked 3 of the 4 teams playing in the conference championship were running either the spread or west coast offense. And what... are the Raiders really going to stretch the field with Jerry Rice and Tim Brown or their 2 young TE's who can barely run a 40 under 5 seconds? So much for Rich Gannon... the last 4 years were about building an offense around a league MVP who couldn't throw the ball more than 45 yards downfield. So what now... bring in Kurt Warner... :puke:

Right now its tough to give Turner the benefit of the doubt considering he and the Raiders are abandoning everything that got them the 3 consecutive AFC West Titles and a trip to the Super Bowl... :thud:

He had one great offense in all that time. The rest of the time he had a decent offense. It was the defense that was the biggest problem during Norv's tenure. You need to go back and check the stats and then check the level of talent he was working with. I think those offenses basically overachieved, while the defense was underachieving thus leading to a .500 record all those years.

As for Richard Seymour, I guess being an all-pro is too average for you.

Willie McGinest made the pro Bowl.

And Ted Washington's job isn't to make tackles its to absorb blockers. If you check the stats when he's out you will find that NE defense was much worse.

I guess in your opinion every defender in the NFL is average.

Originally posted by Larry

I'm really noticing they number of Raider fans saying "Great! Norv will bring us a power running game."

And he will. At least until they're down by 3 points at the beginning of the third quarter. Then it's time to air it out, baby! :cool: :laugh:

Oh this is going to be funny, the raider nation actually thinks this is a good hire and is hailing it as there deliverance. Please keep a close eye on there message boards so we can monitor how they feel when Norv and his losing $hit hits the fan. Classic comedy at its best

Archived