Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Memorabilia

Bazooka Tooth

Originally posted by spearhed

Has to be the Joe Gibbs Superbowl embossed authentic NFL football the man himself signed and gave to me. I should charge admission to see it, like Danny would.....hmmm!

Yea, my brother got a chance to meet Gibbs last year. He was doing a motavational speech and my bro got to talk with Joe for a half an hour. He ended up signing that same ball you are talking about. He showed it to me a couple of months ago. I was amazed. He has it in a case now.

1974 My oldest brother bowled with a LB and special teams player named Pete Wysocki. There were 17 years of age difference between my older brother and I, but he knew how much I worshipped Billy Kilmer. So he got Pete to get me a Kilmer jersey from the trainer. I wore that jersey everywhere for the next 10 years or more. I finally let it be the center of my Redskins shrine when people asked if it was Doug Williams.

My Oldest brother passed away last year, I took that jersey with me to the funeral. I told it's story at the graveside. I closed by saying That all my life when asked who my Idol/Hero was I had said Kilmer. I was sorry it took me loosing my brother to know it was really my brother who was my hero.

Originally posted by BillyKilmer

1974 My oldest brother bowled with a LB and special teams player named Pete Wysocki. There were 17 years of age difference between my older brother and I, but he knew how much I worshipped Billy Kilmer. So he got Pete to get me a Kilmer jersey from the trainer. I wore that jersey everywhere for the next 10 years or more. I finally let it be the center of my Redskins shrine when people asked if it was Doug Williams.

My Oldest brother passed away last year, I took that jersey with me to the funeral. I told it's story at the graveside. I closed by saying That all my life when asked who my Idol/Hero was I had said Kilmer. I was sorry it took me loosing my brother to know it was really my brother who was my hero.

Good story, BK...thanks for sharing. :cheers:

My favorite Redskins memorabila would be a union poster with 14 Redskin player autografts on it.

I was at the '87 strike game at RFK, but I didn't go in. I stayed outside of RFK, supporting the "Real" players. Some union who supported the players union, came down with posters that read "Support the REAL Redskins." They were handing them out to everyone and I took one and had some players sign it.

I got........

Babe Laufinburg

Darrel Grant (also had pic taken with him)

Charles Mann

Dave Butz

R.C. Thielemann

Gary Clark

Doug Williams

Neal Olkewicz

Dean Hamel

Keith Griffin

Rich Milot

Steve Cox

Raleigh McKenzie

Dan McQuaid

I have it framed and hanging proudly in my Redskin room.

:(

Mine would be my Posse poster signed by Gary Clark and a picture of him holding my little brother.

I've got boxes of Redskins stuff but I'd have to say there are two things that I cherish the most. The first is an autographed Sonny J. photo from a game in the late 60's. The other momento I cherish is a hunk of grass taken from the RFK endzone by my wife and I after the final game at RFK versus dallas. The grass is burgundy colored (it's from the Skins helmet) and It's in a snow globe on my desk.

HTTR!!

although it is the darkest hour for skins fans, it is certainly a rare item.

1) the program from the '40 championship game between the skins and bears...the skins lost 73-0 at Griffith Stadium. Besides the program being so old and in such good shape, what makes it extremely rare is that towards the end of the game, the pa announcer reminded the fans to renew their season tickets for next year. Fans proceed to rip up their programs and run for the exits. I have this program in a burgandy and gold frame along with rookie football cards of both starting qb's, Sammy Baugh and Sid Luckman, along with a Redskin pennant that was of this 1940's era.

I got some RFK turf too from that last game against Dallas, along with an orange seat bottom (that someone had already ripped loose). What a night that was. Planted a hunk of the sod in my yard and sent other hunks to friends.

One thing I have is a color song sheet of HTTR, signed by Barney Breeskin, the guy who wrote the music.

Last season I was lucky enough to have to cover some redskins preseason stuff for the paper I write for. ( usually get nothing but local stuff in the summer) I got a football from Fred Smoot. I then had is signed my most of the team. Lavar, Jansen, Champ, and a ton others. I even got to throw a pass to Coles and Mcants to have them sign it. Greatest day of my life. It is now in a case in my Redskins Shrine.

Thanks for sharing BK great story man.

My favorite's are my 60's vintage bobblehead, a chase and sanborn coffee mug with a spear helmet on it, and a giant slim jim beer stein from 1990.

QUESTION: Does anyone have a seat cushion from the "Seat Cushion Playoff Game". Remember that game!!!!

Also, to the Eagles fans who took over Fedex on Dec. 27th and stood up in front of us the whole game and made horses derrierres out of themselfs........

See you next year!!!!!

"You need me there. I'm going to make you famous." - John Riggins to Joe Gibbs, winter 1981.

:cheers:

I'm the only skins fan in my family and i don't live ver close to Redskins country. I don't have a whole lot of stuff like you guys have. But one thing i do have is a collection of the Redskins commerative trucks. I started the collection in 1992 when I was 8 years old. The make a new one for every season and i have 1992-2003, and another that commemorates the Redskins' three super bowl wins.

One piece of memorabila that i most cherish is my autographed Pete Rose jersey that was worn in a game in 1986 against the Pirates. I have it framed in my bedroom at home.

A seat cushion from the mud bowl. The playoff game against Atlanta when all the fansl tossed their seat cushions, that were handed out at the gate. It was also one of my favorite memories of a game, watching all those seat cushions fly in the swirling winds at JFK.

I managed to retrieve two after the game and got some players to sign. I also remember Dieon slipping on one when play resumed and almost busting his #ss.

Wow man, that was a great story.

Originally posted by Skinhead

A seat cushion from the mud bowl. The playoff game against Atlanta when all the fansl tossed their seat cushions, that were handed out at the gate. It was also one of my favorite memories of a game, watching all those seat cushions fly in the swirling winds at JFK.

I managed to retrieve two after the game and got some players to sign. I also remember Dieon slipping on one when play resumed and almost busting his #ss.

JFK? :wtf:

I think you have the wrong Kennedy

Archived