Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trung (hope)

method man

I think you guys are too hard on Trung. He's not nearly as bad as some of you say. He had some nice games last year and could play a role next year(if kept) as a change of pace type of guy. It's hard to judge the running backs from last year due to the fact that Spurrier's system was so lousy and his play calling was even worse. I really don't know what we have in any of the RB's, except the fact that none of them are good blockers.

Originally posted by Trevor

I think you guys are too hard on Trung. He's not nearly as bad as some of you say. He had some nice games last year and could play a role next year(if kept) as a change of pace type of guy. It's hard to judge the running backs from last year due to the fact that Spurrier's system was so lousy and his play calling was even worse. I really don't know what we have in any of the RB's, except the fact that none of them are good blockers.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally posted by Trevor

It's hard to judge the running backs from last year due to the fact that Spurrier's system was so lousy and his play calling was even worse.

While Spurrier is obviously no Gibbs, lets remember that 6 of our games were decided by either one play or one drive and could have easily gone the other way. We get the ball/bounce/call in those games and we would have been the wild-card and not Dallas.

So, lets not be so damn hard on the OBC... he gave it a shot, gave us some great games to watch early in the season, and MOST IMPORTANTLY stepped aside for Joe Gibbs to return.

I'll forever praise him for that last fact alone. :)

trung seems chunkier already with us than he was with the rams so I think he put on weight in last offseason to carry more of a load....he was not as quick and shifty as he was with the rams (not discounting turf surface) but still looked heavier with us....so maybe he is meant to be smaller and faster for gamebreaking ability and not the hammer deuce is

I'm not a big Trung fan at all, or fan of ANY type of scatback -- it's not the head-bangin type of football I like.

However, the guy might blossom under Gibbs (and learn to block)....ya never know. Same with Betts.

Gibbs might surprise us and keep these guys to see what they do for his first year.

I believe that some of you guys, with all due respect, are on crack.

The problem with Trung is not his weight. He isn't too small.

The problem, in my opinion, of course, is his running style. Seems timid, afraid, or otherwise indecisive running through a defense. Even if he has 4.3 speed, its coutered by his inability to quickly recognize holes when or before they appear.

Say no to Trung.

Originally posted by IAMBG

7 or 8 lbs?

Maybe 20 or 30....

Originally posted by method man

We dont want him to become dana stubblefield do we?

:dallasuck

He only weighs 205, and he would need at LEAST 15 pounds of muscle to be effective with Gibbs as the primary back. He could serve as a change-of-pace back, and that's where I see him, if he stays with us.

Trung has 2 significant deficiencies:

1) He can't stay healthy.

2) He is inexcusably horrible at picking up blitzes.

He actually didn't do such a bad job between the tackles early on, but his poor to non-existent blocking is what will get him waived.

As for change of pace back a la Clarence Harmon, Morton is superior.

basically it will come down to this. They will watch tape of Trung. Either he'll be kept or not (released or traded) after that. If he's kept, he will get a crash course in running the ball during Mini-Camps and the Summer. If he can get it by then, he'll be gone.

I know we all suffer from this Norvitus/Martitus/Spurrierism but have some faith in Gibbs and his staff. The know how to run the ball.

Trung could stick around as Kelvin Bryant-type back. I think he would do well in that role. But we also have Chad Morton and he definetly isn't going anywhere. If Trung isn't around next year, it will mainly be because of numbers especially if we are talking about bringing in yet another RB.

Archived