Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antoine Winfield should replace Champ

EvilMonkeyBoy

Winfield would be a fabulous pickup, a upper-echleon coverman and a absolutely fantastic tackler, a good person to have in the locker room. He also has been with Greg Williams the past few years. He'd be cheaper than Woodson, Springs, or Bailey, and probably just as effective, if not moreso.

If we can franchise and trade Bailey for some first rounders, and get Winfield signed, this would be a dream offseason.

Winfield would be a fabulous pickup, a upper-echleon coverman and a absolutely fantastic tackler, a good person to have in the locker room. He also has been with Greg Williams the past few years. He'd be cheaper than Woodson, Springs, or Bailey, and probably just as effective, if not moreso.

If we can franchise and trade Bailey for some first rounders, and get Winfield signed, this would be a dream offseason.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Winfield still won't be cheap, he'll demand big bucks on the open market as well.

Also, didn't he get burnt pretty badly in their last game of the season?

You're right. Champ never gets burnt and will be tons cheaper than Winfield.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, with Champ, Woodson, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent, Ahmed Plummer and Shawn Springs in addition to Winfield, I see the CB market being cheaper than in years past.

Also, with the season that Dre Bly had(arguebly better than 75%% of that list) validating his contract, a guy like Winfield or Plummer could come cheaper than expected.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Winfield still won't be cheap, he'll demand big bucks on the open market as well.

Also, didn't he get burnt pretty badly in their last game of the season?

You're right. Champ never gets burnt and will be tons cheaper than Winfield.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, with Champ, Woodson, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent, Ahmed Plummer and Shawn Springs in addition to Winfield, I see the CB market being cheaper than in years past.

Also, with the season that Dre Bly had(arguebly better than 75%% of that list) validating his contract, a guy like Winfield or Plummer could come cheaper than expected.

By the likes of Marty Booker? As if Booker was a bum or something...

I guess you didn't know that most of the money Champ was offered in their earlier contract was not guaranteed. And considering how Snyder/Cerrato had dealt with Stephen Davis' "career redskin" contract, he had a right to be skeptical.

By the likes of Marty Booker? As if Booker was a bum or something...

I guess you didn't know that most of the money Champ was offered in their earlier contract was not guaranteed. And considering how Snyder/Cerrato had dealt with Stephen Davis' "career redskin" contract, he had a right to be skeptical.

Originally posted by spearhed

If you turn down the money that Chump did at the beginning of the year only to get roasted by the likes of Marty Booker, then you need to hit the road. May he wear Booker's cleat marks on his face like a Scarlet letter 'T' for toast

Scathing Spearhed, I love it.

And Champ totally wimped out in the Philly game when he whiffed on Buckhalter running down the left sideline. My goodness.

Unlike Lavar, who constantly spoke about the team needing to be better, Champ was always, "I need to just take care of my business, etc."

whatever. If he sticks around he'll have to earn back my admiration, because he was burnt by Marty Booker....gosh that just stings me. my bears fan buddies will never let me hear the end of it...

Originally posted by spearhed

If you turn down the money that Chump did at the beginning of the year only to get roasted by the likes of Marty Booker, then you need to hit the road. May he wear Booker's cleat marks on his face like a Scarlet letter 'T' for toast

Scathing Spearhed, I love it.

And Champ totally wimped out in the Philly game when he whiffed on Buckhalter running down the left sideline. My goodness.

Unlike Lavar, who constantly spoke about the team needing to be better, Champ was always, "I need to just take care of my business, etc."

whatever. If he sticks around he'll have to earn back my admiration, because he was burnt by Marty Booker....gosh that just stings me. my bears fan buddies will never let me hear the end of it...

I don't want to get into the whole Champ should stay/go scenario again but I do wish we had a corner that makes things happen instead of "just" covering wide receivers. I would rather watch someone like Samari Rolle who may not have Champ's coverage talent but always seems to change the course of a game when I see him. Merely tackling a WR after the catch or breaking up passes doesn't justify being paid the most for a corner-back.

For the record Smoot looks as if he might have that game-changing attitude though.

Archived