Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Talk: why Len Pasquarelli is so upset about Gibbs coming bacck to DC

TC4

Art, that does sound very plausible.

Either way, Lenny has burned bridges, IMO. No one is going to talk to him now, and, with as active as the team is in the offseason, a major well is going to go dry.

His objectivity is out the window. I won't trust any of his reporting about the team now, unless it's good news. That's not being selective on my part, it's just that he obviously wants this thing to blow up, so he would only report good news if there was no other alternative spin to put on it.

It'll be interesting to see if there is a kiss-and-make-up piece from him in the near future. He needs the Redskins far more than the team needs him.

Art, that does sound very plausible.

Either way, Lenny has burned bridges, IMO. No one is going to talk to him now, and, with as active as the team is in the offseason, a major well is going to go dry.

His objectivity is out the window. I won't trust any of his reporting about the team now, unless it's good news. That's not being selective on my part, it's just that he obviously wants this thing to blow up, so he would only report good news if there was no other alternative spin to put on it.

It'll be interesting to see if there is a kiss-and-make-up piece from him in the near future. He needs the Redskins far more than the team needs him.

The Vinny & Lenny connection has the ring of truth to it. I've been suspicious of Vinny undermining Spurrier by leaking to the press, and he may try it with Gibbs - watch your back Joe!

Vinny may be like some of the people I've had the "pleasure" of working with, whose motto is "Kiss ass up, Kick ass down, and backstab competitors." I hope Danny eventually sees what is going on. Maybe Joe will clue him in to it.

The Vinny & Lenny connection has the ring of truth to it. I've been suspicious of Vinny undermining Spurrier by leaking to the press, and he may try it with Gibbs - watch your back Joe!

Vinny may be like some of the people I've had the "pleasure" of working with, whose motto is "Kiss ass up, Kick ass down, and backstab competitors." I hope Danny eventually sees what is going on. Maybe Joe will clue him in to it.

Originally posted by BCS: BattleCatSnyder

Great post Art !! :cheers:

You are really plugged in to the behind the scenes goings on at the Park. This is fascinationg stuff. There's a whole mess of dirty palace intrigue type stuff going on that "we" (the general public) are not privy too.

Juicy indeed.

Not totally true anymore BCS. I USED to be plugged in pretty good. In fact, I was the first person to report the Ray Rhodes hire as defensive coordinator in 2000 when the Post and Times still had other names as their sure candidates. I've largely lost my insider abilities the last couple of years.

I still have some good media contacts though who will not infrequently tell me something. But, with the team at the Park, I really have no one who trusts me or who I trust to give me consistent info that's any good :). The story told here is from my remaining but dwindling media contacts.

Originally posted by BCS: BattleCatSnyder

Great post Art !! :cheers:

You are really plugged in to the behind the scenes goings on at the Park. This is fascinationg stuff. There's a whole mess of dirty palace intrigue type stuff going on that "we" (the general public) are not privy too.

Juicy indeed.

Not totally true anymore BCS. I USED to be plugged in pretty good. In fact, I was the first person to report the Ray Rhodes hire as defensive coordinator in 2000 when the Post and Times still had other names as their sure candidates. I've largely lost my insider abilities the last couple of years.

I still have some good media contacts though who will not infrequently tell me something. But, with the team at the Park, I really have no one who trusts me or who I trust to give me consistent info that's any good :). The story told here is from my remaining but dwindling media contacts.

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

Len and Vinny are pals? Weird

Didn't Vinny used to work at ESPN, and would do insider stuff on ESPN.COM...anyone remember when Berman would refer to him as White-Shirt Vinny? I'm sure he has a lot of chums as writers at ESPN...f*cked up if he is dropping inside information to Len.

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

Len and Vinny are pals? Weird

Didn't Vinny used to work at ESPN, and would do insider stuff on ESPN.COM...anyone remember when Berman would refer to him as White-Shirt Vinny? I'm sure he has a lot of chums as writers at ESPN...f*cked up if he is dropping inside information to Len.

It makes sense from a conspiracy-theory perspective and I admit that I was puzzled at Lenny's comments, but this might be a reach. Not to mention the fact that this piece slams on Cerrato so hard it's tough to take seriously itself. Agree or disagree w/some of Cerrato's personnel moves, they were largely good moves, certainly supportable. He's certainly not my favorite personnel guy, but he's passable. The Pro Football Talk piece is a little shrill to be credible.

It makes sense from a conspiracy-theory perspective and I admit that I was puzzled at Lenny's comments, but this might be a reach. Not to mention the fact that this piece slams on Cerrato so hard it's tough to take seriously itself. Agree or disagree w/some of Cerrato's personnel moves, they were largely good moves, certainly supportable. He's certainly not my favorite personnel guy, but he's passable. The Pro Football Talk piece is a little shrill to be credible.

Len Pasquerelli is a highly regarded espn analysts. I refuse to believe that someone of upstanding moral value writes what Vinny Cerrato wants him to write. Give it I believe some of the messages conveyed in the article had some of Vinny's sentiments but the article as whole was surely Len's beliefs and not Vinny's.

Art- How do you have contacts with media? What do you do for a living? Maybe you and I have mutual friends. My father is buddies with Sally Jenkins and also Charlie Casserly. He also tried to bang Steve Spurriers wife haha. They are somewhat friendly. And the physican who all the redskins kids go to is my dads best friend.

Len Pasquerelli is a highly regarded espn analysts. I refuse to believe that someone of upstanding moral value writes what Vinny Cerrato wants him to write. Give it I believe some of the messages conveyed in the article had some of Vinny's sentiments but the article as whole was surely Len's beliefs and not Vinny's.

Art- How do you have contacts with media? What do you do for a living? Maybe you and I have mutual friends. My father is buddies with Sally Jenkins and also Charlie Casserly. He also tried to bang Steve Spurriers wife haha. They are somewhat friendly. And the physican who all the redskins kids go to is my dads best friend.

Now, Seriously, Is there anyone that doubts that Vinny was the real reason Spurrier left? We all read in the media reports that Spurrier hated Vinny and wanted him replaced with a real GM. It's now obvious that Vinny was the guy undermining Spurrier, not Snyder.

Spurrier really never had a chance. Gibbs is the only person that Snyder is going to allow to do things the correct way.

Now, Seriously, Is there anyone that doubts that Vinny was the real reason Spurrier left? We all read in the media reports that Spurrier hated Vinny and wanted him replaced with a real GM. It's now obvious that Vinny was the guy undermining Spurrier, not Snyder.

Spurrier really never had a chance. Gibbs is the only person that Snyder is going to allow to do things the correct way.

Originally posted by tkatz

I used to be a journalist. I am no longer that and have been away from serious writing since, really, around 2000. I'm now just a message board warrior and computer administrator :).

Originally posted by tkatz

I used to be a journalist. I am no longer that and have been away from serious writing since, really, around 2000. I'm now just a message board warrior and computer administrator :).

Archived