Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Talk: why Len Pasquarelli is so upset about Gibbs coming bacck to DC

TC4

This is great!! Getting the inside info. is awesome, and it's good to know that Danny won't be had by the media. For Len to rip Gibbs of all people shows that he was pissed that he didn't get the scoop, adns was left out of the loop. Danny is attemtping to redeem himself day after day!!

This is great!! Getting the inside info. is awesome, and it's good to know that Danny won't be had by the media. For Len to rip Gibbs of all people shows that he was pissed that he didn't get the scoop, adns was left out of the loop. Danny is attemtping to redeem himself day after day!!

And Cerrato's concern is that, when Gibbs tells Snyder that Vinny is a butt-smooching phony (now there's a quality insult!), Snyder will listen. "Vinny will not be able to find work in the NFL," said the source. "He isn't any good. He never has been. Snyder is his only hope."

Seems like PFT's conspiracy theory is more believable than Art's. If Art is right, and Fat Boy got mad because he missed a scoop so he wrote an article torching Joe Gibbs, wouldn't he ruin his relationship with Cerrato and the organization and miss out on future scoops? If you're Cerrato, and you weren't the source, wouldn't you be pissed that your good buddy at ESPN goes thermonuclear on your club on the brightest day in the history (at least the last 10 years of history)? The first rule in journalism is not honesty, it's protect your sources.

And it's quite telling that although Vinny was on the plane to interview Green, Rhodes, Fassel, he wasn't invited along to meet Saint Joe. And it's equally telling that the media reports regarding the organization structure have been in flux. So far, with Joe as President, you'd conclude that Vinny would report to him. But we've seen some reports that would indicate that he'll keep his current power, which makes him more of a peer to Joe, like Beathard was. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

I'd be happy if they just put Cerrato in a box. Let him handle scouting and evaluations, and then report to Joe, who'll make the decisions. That's where Vinny's good. He's not good when he's the decision-maker.

But if Vinny is the source behind the Pasquarelli hatchet job, he'd better start polishing up that resume. Joe likes loyalty. Backstabbing -- that's the kind of thing he won't tolerate. If Snyder has to choose between Vinny and Joe, we all know Vinny won't have time to wipe his saliva off Danny's shoes before he's on the street. He's done it before.

And Cerrato's concern is that, when Gibbs tells Snyder that Vinny is a butt-smooching phony (now there's a quality insult!), Snyder will listen. "Vinny will not be able to find work in the NFL," said the source. "He isn't any good. He never has been. Snyder is his only hope."

Seems like PFT's conspiracy theory is more believable than Art's. If Art is right, and Fat Boy got mad because he missed a scoop so he wrote an article torching Joe Gibbs, wouldn't he ruin his relationship with Cerrato and the organization and miss out on future scoops? If you're Cerrato, and you weren't the source, wouldn't you be pissed that your good buddy at ESPN goes thermonuclear on your club on the brightest day in the history (at least the last 10 years of history)? The first rule in journalism is not honesty, it's protect your sources.

And it's quite telling that although Vinny was on the plane to interview Green, Rhodes, Fassel, he wasn't invited along to meet Saint Joe. And it's equally telling that the media reports regarding the organization structure have been in flux. So far, with Joe as President, you'd conclude that Vinny would report to him. But we've seen some reports that would indicate that he'll keep his current power, which makes him more of a peer to Joe, like Beathard was. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

I'd be happy if they just put Cerrato in a box. Let him handle scouting and evaluations, and then report to Joe, who'll make the decisions. That's where Vinny's good. He's not good when he's the decision-maker.

But if Vinny is the source behind the Pasquarelli hatchet job, he'd better start polishing up that resume. Joe likes loyalty. Backstabbing -- that's the kind of thing he won't tolerate. If Snyder has to choose between Vinny and Joe, we all know Vinny won't have time to wipe his saliva off Danny's shoes before he's on the street. He's done it before.

Art- I would love to be a journalist. Maybe sometime I could send u some of my writings and you could give me some comments? I have written a few longer things on here. Who are some of your contacts.

As far as Vinny is concerned, I hope that with Gibbs coming home he realizes the incompetence and brown nosing of Vinchenzo and gives him the boot. :)

Art- I would love to be a journalist. Maybe sometime I could send u some of my writings and you could give me some comments? I have written a few longer things on here. Who are some of your contacts.

As far as Vinny is concerned, I hope that with Gibbs coming home he realizes the incompetence and brown nosing of Vinchenzo and gives him the boot. :)

I wonder then if the story about Danny talking to Bruce Allen has validity then. Danny wouldn't bring Vinny along for that, and I can see Gibbs telling Danny to go talk to him. hmm... we haven't had Gibbs introducted yet and the soap opera goes on.

I wonder then if the story about Danny talking to Bruce Allen has validity then. Danny wouldn't bring Vinny along for that, and I can see Gibbs telling Danny to go talk to him. hmm... we haven't had Gibbs introducted yet and the soap opera goes on.

Tkatz,

I'd be happy to read your stuff. Just send it along. I can't really speak about who I talk to though.

EM,

The only way PFT is more reasonable is if you assume Cerrato would openly burn himself with Snyder as part of his inner circle. You have to believe Cerrato is so dumb that he'd source a hit piece that would later come back to essentially end his job. He's not that dumb. He knows his wagon is tied heavily to Snyder. While I don't think that makes him the yes man a lot tend to paint him as, he does know what Snyder requires from his inner circle. He knows Snyder has test leaks as well to keep his ship air tight, where he'll give his close guys a different story and if any hit the paper, he'll fire them. He got burned a hundred times when he took over the team with JKCs staff. That's why he fired them because he didn't want to take the time to weed them out. And he shrunk those who know anything to just a handful. Everything is meticulously controlled internally at Redskins Park. There are no leaks unless they are planned leaks.

No way Vinny is going to sponsor a hit piece that could trace to him. Just not plausible in the slightest. However, if you KNOW Lenny, you know which is more reasonable. He's the ULTIMATE story breaker. He doesn't like getting beaten period. He really doesn't like being taught a lesson from a short little pr!ck like Dan Snyder. And he'll teach one right back.

I don't know that we know for sure Cerrato wasn't part of the wooing process with Gibbs. Perhaps he wasn't initially as it may have been Snyder and the minority owner. Perhaps he wasn't at all. But, I suspect when the dust settles, we'll find out he was more involved than you know. And we ALREADY know he hasn't been shut out totally from the reports we've seen.

Tkatz,

I'd be happy to read your stuff. Just send it along. I can't really speak about who I talk to though.

EM,

The only way PFT is more reasonable is if you assume Cerrato would openly burn himself with Snyder as part of his inner circle. You have to believe Cerrato is so dumb that he'd source a hit piece that would later come back to essentially end his job. He's not that dumb. He knows his wagon is tied heavily to Snyder. While I don't think that makes him the yes man a lot tend to paint him as, he does know what Snyder requires from his inner circle. He knows Snyder has test leaks as well to keep his ship air tight, where he'll give his close guys a different story and if any hit the paper, he'll fire them. He got burned a hundred times when he took over the team with JKCs staff. That's why he fired them because he didn't want to take the time to weed them out. And he shrunk those who know anything to just a handful. Everything is meticulously controlled internally at Redskins Park. There are no leaks unless they are planned leaks.

No way Vinny is going to sponsor a hit piece that could trace to him. Just not plausible in the slightest. However, if you KNOW Lenny, you know which is more reasonable. He's the ULTIMATE story breaker. He doesn't like getting beaten period. He really doesn't like being taught a lesson from a short little pr!ck like Dan Snyder. And he'll teach one right back.

I don't know that we know for sure Cerrato wasn't part of the wooing process with Gibbs. Perhaps he wasn't initially as it may have been Snyder and the minority owner. Perhaps he wasn't at all. But, I suspect when the dust settles, we'll find out he was more involved than you know. And we ALREADY know he hasn't been shut out totally from the reports we've seen.

Well I will say this IF VINNY BUG EYES CERATO TRIES ANYTHING LIKE THE CRAP HE DID WITH STEVE SPURRIER I PERSONALLY WILL DRIVE TO REDSKIN PARK WAIT UNTIL I SPOT HIM AND BEAT THE BUG JUICE OUT OF HIS UNPROFESSIONAL A$$. Cerato is a joke he sucked in the 49ers organization and he sucks here. If Daniel Snyder as shrewd a business man as he hasn't seen the professional ass sniffer before then there is a problem. I think Danny Boy has realized that Cerrato isn't the answer here and never will be. He has brought

Well I will say this IF VINNY BUG EYES CERATO TRIES ANYTHING LIKE THE CRAP HE DID WITH STEVE SPURRIER I PERSONALLY WILL DRIVE TO REDSKIN PARK WAIT UNTIL I SPOT HIM AND BEAT THE BUG JUICE OUT OF HIS UNPROFESSIONAL A$$. Cerato is a joke he sucked in the 49ers organization and he sucks here. If Daniel Snyder as shrewd a business man as he hasn't seen the professional ass sniffer before then there is a problem. I think Danny Boy has realized that Cerrato isn't the answer here and never will be. He has brought

It says a lot about Cerrato's credibility around the league that when he was dismissed by Schottenheimer in 2001, no one, I mean NO ONE offered him a job. This is the only place in the NFL he can possibly work, and he, Snyder, AND Gibbs KNOW IT.

It says a lot about Cerrato's credibility around the league that when he was dismissed by Schottenheimer in 2001, no one, I mean NO ONE offered him a job. This is the only place in the NFL he can possibly work, and he, Snyder, AND Gibbs KNOW IT.

Well I will say this IF VINNY BUG EYES CERATO TRIES ANYTHING LIKE THE CRAP HE DID WITH STEVE SPURRIER I PERSONALLY WILL DRIVE TO REDSKIN PARK WAIT UNTIL I SPOT HIM AND BEAT THE BUG JUICE OUT OF HIS UNPROFESSIONAL A$$. Cerato is a joke he sucked in the 49ers organization and he sucks here. If Daniel Snyder as shrewd a business man as he hasn't seen the professional ass sniffer before then there is a problem. I think Danny Boy has realized that Cerrato isn't the answer here and never will be. He has brought Joe Gibbs back to learn how to run a Football team. He has figured out that his BUG EYED RAT **** of a raquetball buddy can't help take the franchise back to where it is respectable. Joe Gibbs along with getting rid of the underachieving players will also be getting rid of BEETLEJUICE!!

Well I will say this IF VINNY BUG EYES CERATO TRIES ANYTHING LIKE THE CRAP HE DID WITH STEVE SPURRIER I PERSONALLY WILL DRIVE TO REDSKIN PARK WAIT UNTIL I SPOT HIM AND BEAT THE BUG JUICE OUT OF HIS UNPROFESSIONAL A$$. Cerato is a joke he sucked in the 49ers organization and he sucks here. If Daniel Snyder as shrewd a business man as he hasn't seen the professional ass sniffer before then there is a problem. I think Danny Boy has realized that Cerrato isn't the answer here and never will be. He has brought Joe Gibbs back to learn how to run a Football team. He has figured out that his BUG EYED RAT **** of a raquetball buddy can't help take the franchise back to where it is respectable. Joe Gibbs along with getting rid of the underachieving players will also be getting rid of BEETLEJUICE!!

Is it possible that Vinny was left out of the loop regarding Gibbs so that the story wouldn't get leaked? If Snyder knows that Vinny and Lenny are butt-buddies, maybe that is why he was left out of the loop? Sh!t...none of the players even knew about this...I wonder if Vinny even knew what was going on until all of us did?

Is it possible that Vinny was left out of the loop regarding Gibbs so that the story wouldn't get leaked? If Snyder knows that Vinny and Lenny are butt-buddies, maybe that is why he was left out of the loop? Sh!t...none of the players even knew about this...I wonder if Vinny even knew what was going on until all of us did?

Archived