Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Talk: why Len Pasquarelli is so upset about Gibbs coming bacck to DC

TC4

The only possible scenario that Vinny fronted that piece is if he is out the door already, and he had Lenny do a drive-by for him prior to his exit.

As we haven't heard anything about a Vinny departure, only that he will be part of the team to acquire personnel (and that Gibbs has the ultimate say on who stays and goes), it would not appear that he fed Lenny the info.

The only possible scenario that Vinny fronted that piece is if he is out the door already, and he had Lenny do a drive-by for him prior to his exit.

As we haven't heard anything about a Vinny departure, only that he will be part of the team to acquire personnel (and that Gibbs has the ultimate say on who stays and goes), it would not appear that he fed Lenny the info.

Sonny,

That's PRECISELY right. That's the only situation in which Cerrato being the source for this article is at all meaningful. Otherwise there's an answer that's different. Whether it's the one I repeated or another, who knows.

Sonny,

That's PRECISELY right. That's the only situation in which Cerrato being the source for this article is at all meaningful. Otherwise there's an answer that's different. Whether it's the one I repeated or another, who knows.

You have to believe Cerrato is so dumb that he'd source a hit piece that would later come back to essentially end his job

Maybe, maybe not. The article was bizarre. Either Fat Boy or Bug Eyes is burning some bridges. One of them made some very strange decisions.

That's probably more characteristic of Fat Boy. On the other hand, Bug Eyes has done some things that openly, publicly hurt his relationships in the organization, like the way the Wuerffel issue was handled. That unnecessarily poisoned the well between him and the coach.

Everyone knows Vinny and Fat Boy are close. Either scenario is a little strange: either Vinny sees the writing on the wall and calls his buddy in a fit of pique, or Fat Boy misses a scoop and writes a nasty hit-job that will offend his best source. Either way, odd.

I don't know that we know for sure Cerrato wasn't part of the wooing process with Gibbs. Perhaps he wasn't initially as it may have been Snyder and the minority owner. Perhaps he wasn't at all. But, I suspect when the dust settles, we'll find out he was more involved than you know. And we ALREADY know he hasn't been shut out totally from the reports we've seen.

I don't think he's been totally shut out, but naming Gibbs as President does send a message. And what we're not hearing sends a message as well: in previous reports with other coaches and coaching candidates, you'd always hear "Snyder and Cerrato" when they talked about interviews or decisions. This time, just Snyder. So something has changed. We'll see what happens when the dust settles. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny stays, albeit in a diminished role -- and they won't ever announce that his role is diminished.

You have to believe Cerrato is so dumb that he'd source a hit piece that would later come back to essentially end his job

Maybe, maybe not. The article was bizarre. Either Fat Boy or Bug Eyes is burning some bridges. One of them made some very strange decisions.

That's probably more characteristic of Fat Boy. On the other hand, Bug Eyes has done some things that openly, publicly hurt his relationships in the organization, like the way the Wuerffel issue was handled. That unnecessarily poisoned the well between him and the coach.

Everyone knows Vinny and Fat Boy are close. Either scenario is a little strange: either Vinny sees the writing on the wall and calls his buddy in a fit of pique, or Fat Boy misses a scoop and writes a nasty hit-job that will offend his best source. Either way, odd.

I don't know that we know for sure Cerrato wasn't part of the wooing process with Gibbs. Perhaps he wasn't initially as it may have been Snyder and the minority owner. Perhaps he wasn't at all. But, I suspect when the dust settles, we'll find out he was more involved than you know. And we ALREADY know he hasn't been shut out totally from the reports we've seen.

I don't think he's been totally shut out, but naming Gibbs as President does send a message. And what we're not hearing sends a message as well: in previous reports with other coaches and coaching candidates, you'd always hear "Snyder and Cerrato" when they talked about interviews or decisions. This time, just Snyder. So something has changed. We'll see what happens when the dust settles. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinny stays, albeit in a diminished role -- and they won't ever announce that his role is diminished.

THe only reason you could assume any of this is from #1 Vinny worked for ESPN. which is true. He might know Past-fat-f*ck personally. #2 yes maybe he did feed inside info, but will no longer get it because Gibbs HATES that. #3 Gibbs hates FAT F*CKS WHO TALK SH*T ABOUT THIS FRANCHISE, FANS, OWNERS AND COACHES.

THe only reason you could assume any of this is from #1 Vinny worked for ESPN. which is true. He might know Past-fat-f*ck personally. #2 yes maybe he did feed inside info, but will no longer get it because Gibbs HATES that. #3 Gibbs hates FAT F*CKS WHO TALK SH*T ABOUT THIS FRANCHISE, FANS, OWNERS AND COACHES.

Hampton, Va.: If Gibbs is team President, does that mean Cerrato reports to him? That should solve some of the conflicts in the organization, because there's no way they'll treat Gibbs like they did Snyder or Schotty... right? Please tell me I'm right?!

Mark Maske: I think that is exactly why Gibbs has that title.

I'd guess Hampton meant "Spurrier or Schotty". Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Hampton, Va.: If Gibbs is team President, does that mean Cerrato reports to him? That should solve some of the conflicts in the organization, because there's no way they'll treat Gibbs like they did Snyder or Schotty... right? Please tell me I'm right?!

Mark Maske: I think that is exactly why Gibbs has that title.

I'd guess Hampton meant "Spurrier or Schotty". Otherwise, it makes no sense.

So is this going to be resolved by wed...

OWNERSHIP ISSUES CLOUD GIBBS GIG?

Our moles in Atlanta tell us that the Falcons front office is scrambling to make arrangements for a prompt transfer of new Redskins coach Joe Gibbs' ownership interest in the team primarily owned by Arthur Blank.

NFL rules, we're told, prevent Gibbs from becoming the coach of the Redskins until Gibbs sells his minority interest in the Falcons.

And this typically isn't something that can be done overnight. Changes in ownership usually are subject to league approval, and such approval typically is secured via a vote taken at a meeting of the owners.

In theory, efforts to expedite the process could be made, assuming that the other owners (and the league office) are inclined to help Dan Snyder get his man.

The fact that the well-respected Gibbs is stuck in the middle of this potential morass might make the owners more willing to help make the process go more smoothly. Even so, it's by no means a simple matter, and look for stories soon to emerge from D.C. and Atlanta regarding the precise manner in which the problem will be addressed.

So is this going to be resolved by wed...

OWNERSHIP ISSUES CLOUD GIBBS GIG?

Our moles in Atlanta tell us that the Falcons front office is scrambling to make arrangements for a prompt transfer of new Redskins coach Joe Gibbs' ownership interest in the team primarily owned by Arthur Blank.

NFL rules, we're told, prevent Gibbs from becoming the coach of the Redskins until Gibbs sells his minority interest in the Falcons.

And this typically isn't something that can be done overnight. Changes in ownership usually are subject to league approval, and such approval typically is secured via a vote taken at a meeting of the owners.

In theory, efforts to expedite the process could be made, assuming that the other owners (and the league office) are inclined to help Dan Snyder get his man.

The fact that the well-respected Gibbs is stuck in the middle of this potential morass might make the owners more willing to help make the process go more smoothly. Even so, it's by no means a simple matter, and look for stories soon to emerge from D.C. and Atlanta regarding the precise manner in which the problem will be addressed.

Archived