Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Talk: why Len Pasquarelli is so upset about Gibbs coming bacck to DC

TC4

I have thought all along Lenny was getting all his info from Vinny, didn't they work together at ESNP? That could be why all of Lenny's article were more at attacking Spurrier and making Snyder look good.

By the way are they still working on the extension for Vinny, everytime I read something it mentions it :doh:

I have thought all along Lenny was getting all his info from Vinny, didn't they work together at ESNP? That could be why all of Lenny's article were more at attacking Spurrier and making Snyder look good.

By the way are they still working on the extension for Vinny, everytime I read something it mentions it :doh:

If it was someone like John Keim who is an insider at Redskins Park that wrote this article then I would put some merit into it. Its articles like this that I think have turned most people off on Vinny because they are easily swayed into believing it. Even if you know its not true you still have that thought in the back of your mind whenever you hear his name.

I refuse to ever get caught up in stuff like this dumb article simply because no matter what we read we will never know the truth behind any of this because we are not there to witness it.

There is simply alot of biased media people who have jumped on the bandwagon of bashing Snyder & Co. They are an easy target and I guess some sort of job security for these morons who think they can write.

If it was someone like John Keim who is an insider at Redskins Park that wrote this article then I would put some merit into it. Its articles like this that I think have turned most people off on Vinny because they are easily swayed into believing it. Even if you know its not true you still have that thought in the back of your mind whenever you hear his name.

I refuse to ever get caught up in stuff like this dumb article simply because no matter what we read we will never know the truth behind any of this because we are not there to witness it.

There is simply alot of biased media people who have jumped on the bandwagon of bashing Snyder & Co. They are an easy target and I guess some sort of job security for these morons who think they can write.

And Cerrato's concern is that, when Gibbs tells Snyder that Vinny is a butt-smooching phony (now there's a quality insult!), Snyder will listen. "Vinny will not be able to find work in the NFL," said the source. "He isn't any good. He never has been. Snyder is his only hope."

-------

True or not just seeing Vinny suggested as being "A butt-smooching phony" in print is golden.

Who called the Vinny/Hut connection yesterday? Good job whoever it was.

And Cerrato's concern is that, when Gibbs tells Snyder that Vinny is a butt-smooching phony (now there's a quality insult!), Snyder will listen. "Vinny will not be able to find work in the NFL," said the source. "He isn't any good. He never has been. Snyder is his only hope."

-------

True or not just seeing Vinny suggested as being "A butt-smooching phony" in print is golden.

Who called the Vinny/Hut connection yesterday? Good job whoever it was.

It's an interesting theory, and is somewhat of an explanation for what was a bizarre piece by fat **** (albeit one that others here have advanced, already), but I really can't take anything that comes from this rag very seriously.

Too much of their stuff is of the yellow journalism variety. In fact, fat ****'s article could easily have come from them.

It's an interesting theory, and is somewhat of an explanation for what was a bizarre piece by fat **** (albeit one that others here have advanced, already), but I really can't take anything that comes from this rag very seriously.

Too much of their stuff is of the yellow journalism variety. In fact, fat ****'s article could easily have come from them.

I heard this as a theory last night, but another that was told to me is more realistic and reasonable, I believe.

The MOST telling line in the piece Lenny the Hutt wrote is this one:

Some credit to Snyder, who began the courtship of Gibbs on New Year's Eve at a tiny airfield in Concord, N.C. When we got an anonymous tip that Redskins One was parked there -- sorry, Dan, it's a private jet and not a Stealth bomber -- team officials responded to the query by insisting the imperial owner was "on business."

Yep, monkey business, with one of The Daniel's minority partners, a buddy of Gibbs for many years, brokering the deal. All the posturing afterwards -- the trip to the West Coast, the interviews with three other candidates, questioning media acquaintances about what the best age is for a head coach -- was little more than a diversion. Long before Tuesday, when word began to leak that the Redskins little man was up to something big, we all should have seen the light.

Here's the background. At CBS Sportsline, the tip that Redskins One was in North Carolina would have been all that was necessary for Lenny P. to break the story that the Redskins were after Joe Gibbs. At ESPN MORE is required. Lenny has lost a lot of stories because of the more vigorous vetting they do at ESPN.

Anyway, I have heard that he called the team to talk about Gibbs. They told him nothing. Not even a private, "Hey, keep this quiet for now. We have no idea if it'll come true." But, Lenny didn't like this because he knew what was happening and needed SOME confirmation from anyone else to run with it.

Without being able to get it, Lenny tried to bluff his way to the story. He told the team essentially he had the story and wouldn't go with it, IF they made sure to show him some love. This got back to Snyder as the Redskins leadership is a very tight and tight-lipped group.

When Gibbs accepted the job and began to assemble his staff, the team decided to stick it to Lenny by calling the unthinkable. CBS Sportsline. The team has NOTHING to do with those guys, but they contacted Glazer and let him break the story. When Lenny saw it he went APE. He felt he was betrayed because he hasn't beaten the team up recently and didn't break a story he had, and TAUNTED other reporters with the line that everyone should have put it together sooner, telling them HE had as a bad gloating effort.

Lenny is close with Vinny and it was Cerrato that allowed the thaw between he and Snyder to take place and for Lenny to get some of the stories we leak early on. But, it must be stressed, Cerrato is a dedicated soldier. He KNOWS what Snyder does to people who burn his trust. He isn't going to go against his bread and butter because he likes the fat man. He knows he is in the good graces of Snyder and Snyder likely assured he has a personnel position for now under Gibbs because of that closeness.

He's not going to feel threatened. He's not going to be lashing out because that's the way he'll be threatened.

I don't know how accurate this recap is, but I have had it told to me by a very good media source familiar with the parties and the background.

I heard this as a theory last night, but another that was told to me is more realistic and reasonable, I believe.

The MOST telling line in the piece Lenny the Hutt wrote is this one:

Some credit to Snyder, who began the courtship of Gibbs on New Year's Eve at a tiny airfield in Concord, N.C. When we got an anonymous tip that Redskins One was parked there -- sorry, Dan, it's a private jet and not a Stealth bomber -- team officials responded to the query by insisting the imperial owner was "on business."

Yep, monkey business, with one of The Daniel's minority partners, a buddy of Gibbs for many years, brokering the deal. All the posturing afterwards -- the trip to the West Coast, the interviews with three other candidates, questioning media acquaintances about what the best age is for a head coach -- was little more than a diversion. Long before Tuesday, when word began to leak that the Redskins little man was up to something big, we all should have seen the light.

Here's the background. At CBS Sportsline, the tip that Redskins One was in North Carolina would have been all that was necessary for Lenny P. to break the story that the Redskins were after Joe Gibbs. At ESPN MORE is required. Lenny has lost a lot of stories because of the more vigorous vetting they do at ESPN.

Anyway, I have heard that he called the team to talk about Gibbs. They told him nothing. Not even a private, "Hey, keep this quiet for now. We have no idea if it'll come true." But, Lenny didn't like this because he knew what was happening and needed SOME confirmation from anyone else to run with it.

Without being able to get it, Lenny tried to bluff his way to the story. He told the team essentially he had the story and wouldn't go with it, IF they made sure to show him some love. This got back to Snyder as the Redskins leadership is a very tight and tight-lipped group.

When Gibbs accepted the job and began to assemble his staff, the team decided to stick it to Lenny by calling the unthinkable. CBS Sportsline. The team has NOTHING to do with those guys, but they contacted Glazer and let him break the story. When Lenny saw it he went APE. He felt he was betrayed because he hasn't beaten the team up recently and didn't break a story he had, and TAUNTED other reporters with the line that everyone should have put it together sooner, telling them HE had as a bad gloating effort.

Lenny is close with Vinny and it was Cerrato that allowed the thaw between he and Snyder to take place and for Lenny to get some of the stories we leak early on. But, it must be stressed, Cerrato is a dedicated soldier. He KNOWS what Snyder does to people who burn his trust. He isn't going to go against his bread and butter because he likes the fat man. He knows he is in the good graces of Snyder and Snyder likely assured he has a personnel position for now under Gibbs because of that closeness.

He's not going to feel threatened. He's not going to be lashing out because that's the way he'll be threatened.

I don't know how accurate this recap is, but I have had it told to me by a very good media source familiar with the parties and the background.

Originally posted by jbooma

I am curious why Lenny was so mad in his article, oh well we will find out one day sooner or later.

Seems like the reports are saying that Danny flew down to Gibbs on New Years Eve. NOT Danny & Vinny. Dan left Vinny out of the loop (no press leak, Lenny doesn't get the scoop). Maybe, just maybe Danny has had his lil buddy figured out & knew how to use him. This had been in the works for at least a week & it never got leaked, until late Monday night when Maske & Shap had their story posted in the WP.

Just a theory.

Originally posted by jbooma

I am curious why Lenny was so mad in his article, oh well we will find out one day sooner or later.

Seems like the reports are saying that Danny flew down to Gibbs on New Years Eve. NOT Danny & Vinny. Dan left Vinny out of the loop (no press leak, Lenny doesn't get the scoop). Maybe, just maybe Danny has had his lil buddy figured out & knew how to use him. This had been in the works for at least a week & it never got leaked, until late Monday night when Maske & Shap had their story posted in the WP.

Just a theory.

Art,

That makes since because Glazer is the one who broke the story. This would be funny if it were true.

However as "journalist" you are supposed to relay the facts not your vendetta against a particular organization. If this is the case then Lenny went way over the law of the land.

Art,

That makes since because Glazer is the one who broke the story. This would be funny if it were true.

However as "journalist" you are supposed to relay the facts not your vendetta against a particular organization. If this is the case then Lenny went way over the law of the land.

Archived