Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX5: Parents outraged by massive event featuring amateur ‘Bluey,’ restaurant apologizes

Not that Fox5

PRNYPGZOERD57-GWEHEE6-EC75-HQ.jpg

Many parents on social media expressed outrage over an amateur event featuring characters from “Bluey” with crowds of disappointed families, while the restaurant offered an apology and told FOX5 that they did not expect the massive turnout with high expectations.

The Dirt Dog restaurant event that was posted on Facebook had a response of 3,000 people. It advertised an event with Bluey and other characters from the popular show, and free offerings like face painting and desserts.

Photos from parents show lines out the door and people posted on social media concerns about capacity and crowd control. When inside the crowded restaurant, people encountered amateur costumes, homemade treats and face painting from a restaurant staff member.

“I was mad. He looked unexpected,” said Sophia, a child who attended the event. “We could see his beard,” she said about the less-than-ideal Bluey impersonator.

“We expected like maybe 50 to 60 people--not in the sense of like the whole city coming out. Just now knowing who Bluey is, we would have planned ahead and would have had security,” said Taj Wilder, a spokesperson for marketing for the restaurant. She said while the event had 3,000 responses on Facebook, many other posts garner similar interest but crowds never turn out.

Parents had mixed reviews and responses online to the event and the apology.

“Thanks for ruining my 3 year olds day!” one parent said.

“I drove one hour just to see a grown man in PJs,” another wrote.

Some defended the restaurant. “A free event. It is a risk you take,” one parent said.

Other parents were pleased with the event. “My son loved this event! Thank you for hosting!” another said online.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2024/05/14/parents-outraged-by-massive-event-featuring-amateur-bluey-restaurant-apologizes/

• Haha 1

Sounds like a dive bar with a stupid bit and people didn’t know 

in the interview the owners like “if we knew so many people were coming we would have hired security” 😆