Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Absolutely.  Ron and his FO team were need based drafters on sterioids and seemed to take pride for making off beat picks in the first round -- and it blew up in their face.

The Buffalo nickel obsession as to Ron's rhetoric is another bizzare chapter in his run -- considering he had dudes that were plugged as special in that role, Hamilton, JPK, Branch just sitting at his pick and he said nope.  These are dudes that weren't even remotely obscure.  They were obvious.

It's like hearing a dude stress how much he's a pizza fanatic, they go to Brooklyn, NY 3 years in a row to have a meal yet skip pizza for a burrito each time.  Wild.  

As some said who worked with Ron, he was more obsessed with the media narrative about the team than actually winning -- playing off of that, maybe Ron just thought it was cool to say Buffalo nickel repeatedly and that's what mattered to him on that subject?

Ron was the pepperoni hot pocket guy!  New York style is overrated…😆

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Isn't there mandatory otas?

Here is the Commanders' full OTA schedule:

Voluntary minicamp:

• April 22-24

OTA workouts:

• May 14-15
  • May 17
  • May 21-22
  • May 24
  • June 4-5
  • June 7

Mandatory minicamp

• June 11-13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ron & co were a breath of fresh air for a suffocating fanbase but quickly evolved into “the grass isn’t always greener.”

the worst part is that early on in Ron’s tenure someone pointed out how brutally bad Ron & co drafted in Carolina. I wanted to believe by some miracle it’d be different here but starting in 2021 it was crystal clear that these guys had no eye for talent. 

unrelated- do we have no news from todays otas?

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

Ron & co were a breath of fresh air for a suffocating fanbase but quickly evolved into “the grass isn’t always greener.”

the worst part is that early on in Ron’s tenure someone pointed out how brutally bad Ron & co drafted in Carolina. I wanted to believe by some miracle it’d be different here but starting in 2021 it was crystal clear that these guys had no eye for talent. 

unrelated- do we have no news from todays otas?

Having said that, 2021 might have been their best draft? Which goes to show how bad the rest of their drafts were.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pretty embarrassing the price was a measly 1.5M that a billionaire owner wouldn’t afford for the last 20 years, but claimed he wanted to win so badly. Stuff like this is why the culture was so bad.  Facilities in any organization can have a dramatic effect on morale.  If the owner doesn’t care why should the team!

Thankfully we’re under new management, atmosphere is changing at lightning speed. I’d volunteer to help if this back of mine didn’t have a mind of its own.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Pretty embarrassing the price was a measly 1.5M that a billionaire owner wouldn’t afford for the last 20 years,

I think it's a crock taxpayers help fund new stadiums as well. America has a billionaire problem in my view. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Pretty embarrassing the price was a measly 1.5M that a billionaire owner wouldn’t afford for the last 20 years, but claimed he wanted to win so badly. Stuff like this is why the culture was so bad.  Facilities in any organization can have a dramatic effect on morale.  If the owner doesn’t care why should the team!

Thankfully we’re under new management, atmosphere is changing at lightning speed. I’d volunteer to help if this back of mine didn’t have a mind of its own.

Yep same dude who would serve the team P & J sandwiches as the in flight meal when they were traveling.

According to some include Keim, Bruce really ramped up the cheapness and letting things go atmosphere around the team and it was demoralizing especially to staff who were underpaid.

As I liked to say thank God Dan and Bruce found each other because it was the perfect storm for the team to implode which led to the sale.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep same dude who would serve the team P & J sandwiches as the in flight meal when they were traveling.

According to some include Keim, Bruce really ramped up the cheapness and letting things go atmosphere around the team and it was demoralizing especially to staff who were underpaid.

As I liked to say thank God Dan and Bruce found each other because it was the perfect storm for the team to implode which led to the sale.  

In Snyder’s defense, peanut butter IS a superfood!

Edited by lovemaskins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

In Snyder’s defense, peanut butter IS a superfood!

Might as well send them with a big bag of chia seeds... superfood of the Aztecs!  That cheap **** lol 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

He said Daniels with a good throw to Dyami but Dyami dropped it.

Daniels just threw a 20 yard dime within a tight window to Sinnott. 

Daniels so far no missed throws, said he looks crisp

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said Daniels with a good throw to Dyami but Dyami dropped it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Dyami might not make it to full training camp.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1