Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When DG #28 Thanked Detroit was he being serious?

Veretax

I wish I could have posted this live in the draft thread but was stuck shoe shopping with daughter.

WHen I heard Darrel Green or thank Detroit, at First I thought he was trolling them, because we steam rolled Detroit several times the year Rypien lead us to the Super Bowl.  I kn0w he got a bit detailed after about the hospitality, so maybe it wasn't intended as a reference, a little good ribbing, but did anyone else have that in their mind?

I realize we have been so skunked for good play that many may not remember those games, back when Barry Sanders was still there.

• Confused 1

It's just common curtesy to thank the city hosting the event you're speaking at.  D. Green is a class act so he obviously did just that.

I really think you're looking for/trying to create something that's not there.  

Edited by Probos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Probos said:

It's just common curtesy to thank the city hosting the event you're speaking at.  D. Green is a class act so he obviously did just that.

I really think you're looking for/trying to create something that's not there.  

Yeah, I think the last guy who would ever troll/clown anybody is Darrell Green.  They called Walter Payton "Sweetness" but DG28 just personifies that word.  Check out the 1987 America's Game on the Skins; DG is one of the participants.  "They didn't know me from a chicken."  Dude is as humble as he was great.