Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I am hopeful peters will use the '25 offseason, or maybe '26, to begin the process of accumulating boatloads of compensatory picks like with the Niners, but w/what they're doing, it does kind of feel like it will be more '26-'28 at the earliest in terms of us accumulating compensatory picks. 

49ers benefited from the minority hire rule on comp picks, from memory.

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/washington-commanders

image.png.29cf352bde22ad47aff9c3e0a5c7fcdb.png

I think Cosmi has the current argument for next offseason, but not a crazy contract.  There are several 1 year deal guys that could re-up and we may get arguments to the positive for St-Juste/Davis...maybe others.  

But there is still like 100 million in space next year depending on what happens next.  Should be no concern if they want to keep anyone.

Forgot that Dax Milne was even on the roster.  Hoping Tress still has a few more years left in him.

4 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

But there is still like 100 million in space next year depending on what happens next.  Should be no concern if they want to keep anyone.

Working on the assumption that our immediate future is going to include a rookie QB contract, salary cap position is well set for a few years yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I also think our need at WR is being underestimated. I know we can get one in the draft, but another vet would be ideal given our cap situation. Jahan is also very unproven IMO.

Trade for Aiyuk

Trade for Higgins

Ridley or Hollywood Brown (both with strong links to the coaching staff)

While I’d love Aiyuk and Higgins I think the picks that would be needed to give up are too much to get either of them, Ridley’s price would probably be to high and that leaves Hollywood Brown, I think a reunion w/Kliff would be a nice addition and if he stays healthy would definitely fill the Samuel loss and give the deep threat we would need along with opening up the middle for Terry & Dotson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

While I’d love Aiyuk and Higgins I think the picks that would be needed to give up are too much to get either of them, Ridley’s price would probably be to high and that leaves Hollywood Brown, I think a reunion w/Kliff would be a nice addition and if he stays healthy would definitely fill the Samuel loss and give the deep threat we would need along with opening up the middle for Terry & Dotson.

I do think the price would be that bad. They both want paid yet the WR market is slow. And the draft deep at receiver. I think we would benefit from another quality vet and a rookie.

Terry goes down, we’re screwed.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I also think our need at WR is being underestimated. I know we can get one in the draft, but another vet would be ideal given our cap situation. Jahan is also very unproven IMO.

Trade for Aiyuk

Trade for Higgins

Ridley or Hollywood Brown (both with strong links to the coaching staff)

Hollywood would be my preference.

He has that scary speed I crave on offense.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Hollywood would be my preference.

He has that scary speed I crave on offense.

On the basis Ridley was reported to want 17mil PY, and that he was slow on learning the Jags offense, combined with the scary speed of Brown, I’d agree.

• Thanks 1

I think several more moves around the league happen after 4… heard yesterday that if the Jags would sign Ridley before 4:00 today they were on the hook to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick… but if they waited till today at 4 it was a 3rd round pick…so even though the Pats have been rumored to really want him, he has supposedly stated his wanting to stay in Jacksonville so why not wait till after 4 and give back to Atlanta a 3rd instead of a 2nd… I think a lot of deals are structured this way and wouldn’t be surprised to see more movement… 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RVAskins said:

If you're going to cook a steak well done, you might as well just buy a cheap sirloin. You won't notice the difference between that and a good cut of meat.

When I was cooking at a steakhouse way back when, we would take the worst of each of the cuts (sirloins, top sirloins, New Yorks, ribeyes) that came in from the supplier and save them for the people with no palates who ordered medium-well and well done. 

People who ordered well-done filet mignon were sneered at and ridiculed from the kitchen.

Edited by Stoox
  • Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I do think the price would be that bad. They both want paid yet the WR market is slow. And the draft deep at receiver. I think we would benefit from another quality vet and a rookie.

Terry goes down, we’re screwed.

Your desire, Keep Dyami Brown or cut ties? Mine is cut ties and draft a rookie and totally agree w/you sign a vet

25 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I love me some ketchup. I even put it on eggs. Even though some people say that that is gross. I make scrambled egg sandwiches with toast. And put ketchup and pepper on it. Yummmm.

8eac8dbf8454fa416e35a4051b575c15.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Command The 414 said:

Your desire, Keep Dyami Brown or cut ties? Mine is cut ties and draft a rookie and totally agree w/you sign a vet

Dyami Brown can go for me. Camp fodder and go from there.

• Thumb up 1

Tyron Smith scares me. He will likely be expensive due to multiple bidders, and he's played the equivalent of less than 2 seasons over the last 4 years. He hasn't played a full season since 2015. 

Seems like if we sign him, we've got to sign somebody else who can play a not-disastrous LT, because odds are very high Smith will be out due to injury at some point in 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

If we somehow ended up with Keenan Allen, as the Chargers salary cap hell causes them ramifications, I would be absolutely ecstatic. Pairing him with Terry Mclaurin would make my head explode.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

What does Milke Williams have left to prove?

That he can stay healthy for longer than 8 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What does Milke Williams have left to prove?

For me it’s just stay on the field, when he’s in the field he can create nightmares… football wise he has nothing to prove, it’s all injury related for him imho 

2 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Tyron Smith scares me. He will likely be expensive due to multiple bidders, and he's played the equivalent of less than 2 seasons over the last 4 years. He hasn't played a full season since 2015. 

Seems like if we sign him, we've got to sign somebody else who can play a not-disastrous LT, because odds are very high Smith will be out due to injury at some point in 2024.

Rookie in the second to take care of that. If Smith makes it through the season the rookie redshirts. If he doesnt the rookie gets reps. And our season is probably done at that point anyways. 

13 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Mike Williams on a prove it contract? 

I would absolutely love Keenan Allen. But Mike Williams on a prove it deal would fit this team as well. We were told not to expect much in the beginning of free agency. Then Peters and company acting like me at the bar. Well okay I'll have 1 more. Then ummm sure ya okay I can have another. Then 10 beers deep just like " F^<% it".

Edited by HoggLife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1