Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wendy Rieger, NBC4, 65 RIP

LadySkinsFan

Wendy Rieger was the best reporter at the news of any station. I enjoyed watching her and strove not to miss a show. One might say I was madly crushed on her.

Before her death, she wrote a message to her colleagues. "As you know, I have lived my life big and loud. It is my nature. And I’ve had a blast. But a stillness has come over me that is profound and potent. I didn’t know I could be this quiet. Life is not always a test. It is a teaching. I must learn this lesson with grace. And I will."

From the article

NBC 4 posted the statement below on its website.

“A note from the News4 family on the passing of Wendy Rieger

We lost our smart, vibrant, wonderful Wendy Rieger today.

Wendy loved life as much as it loved her. She had so many passions and lived life sharing them with everyone she could. For more than 30 years, NBC4 Washington viewers benefited from her unique style that blended humor, intelligence and compassion, and we are all better for knowing her.

Wendy was diagnosed with brain cancer almost a year ago. She had surgery and treatment, then retired in December with an intent to savor the rest of her life and start a new chapter. Her cancer returned aggressively several weeks ago, and she died this morning, holding the hand of her husband, Dan.

We send our love to Dan, who was a colleague of ours for decades, and to her brothers, nieces and nephews and many, many friends.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wendy-rieger-dies-longtime-nbc4-203101374.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wendy-rieger-washington-reporter-dies-brain-cancer-rcna24690

dc22a0d53a9c86ed25907734b998001a.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Sad 6