Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2021 Season Prediction Thread

zCommander

The 2021 Washington Football Team's Season Record  

52 members have voted

1. 1. The 2021 Prediction Poll

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2021 at 03:18 AM

Fitz loves going deep and if he can establish a rapport with our speedy receivers, and the O-line can do it's job, then I think he can turn this offence around. The FO appears to have addressed some weaknesses in the defense and it should only get better.

I think that we finally hit that elusive eleven win season and also the NFC East gets it's long-overdue repeat champions.

I'm not usually this optimistic so early on, but I really think that RR & Co. are building something special: 11-6.

I'm going 11-6.  I know our schedule is very, very tough, and when you are the division winner you have the target on your back, but I think our offense will be vastly improved, and we have a very balanced roster overall.  And our division opponents are nothing special.   I feel very good about this team, and I can only imagine how optimistic I'll be heading into 2022.

20 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm going 11-6.  I know our schedule is very, very tough, and when you are the division winner you have the target on your back, but I think our offense will be vastly improved, and we have a very balanced roster overall.  And our division opponents are nothing special.   I feel very good about this team, and I can only imagine how optimistic I'll be heading into 2022.

People like to play the schedule game  but:

If the Packers deal Rodgers, that team will suck.

The Saints will drop off without Brees and all the guys they had to cut because of cap reasons.

The Seahawks didn't do much to improve and they barely beat us last year when we had to play Dewey Haskins.

I think those 3 games will actually be easier than people think. On the flip side the Chargers and Falcons will probably be tougher than people anticipate.

You just never know with the schedule. I mean last year we won three straight road games in Dallas, SF, and Pitt and NOBODY thought this time last year that was a possibility.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They were 1-3 when Dak went down and did hardly anything to help their line or secondary. Dallas will be fighting Philly for the bottom of the division. 

Dallas lacks depth and though adding Parsons helps their front, he doesn't cover well.  Their D is still very exploitable in the middle of the field and lacks enough speed to handle their rivals on the perimeter.  I view Dallas as a team full of individuals that can win on any given Sunday but lack the depth, coaching,  and character that gets exposed with the rigors of a 17 game season and it's peaks & valleys.  Giants are improved with overpaid FA's that creates depth problems.  Their organization is under a flame that only gets second guessed with a slow start and can be exposed quickly where Daniel Jones continues to turn the ball over, lack of depth, and failure of high priced FA flounder.  WFT must find away to separate from the inability to put NY away.

WFT can runaway with the division by getting in a groove on offense.  This can be a 10+ win season regardless of the 1st place schedule via a drastically improved offense to go with a top tier D. 

• Like 1

Now that the draft is over, I'll give my early prediction. I see an 11-6 team, with the proposed extra game. Our defense should keep us in nearly every game- like last year. Our offense looks a lot more explosive and capable of opening up a lead on paper. The upgrades on Offense will change the dynamic of our games this year if it translates to the field. 

The projection with Fitzpatrick and the new WRs means our passing game gets way more aggressive. Crossing routes and the RB in the flats will still be used... but posts and go's will get a lot more looks too. I.e. McClaurin is going to show the league how great he is. Respect for the deep ball means the running game should have more space this year. More space means we could get an increase in big plays from Gibson. The OL has 2 solid additions to an already above average group. That group should be more consistent for us this year. My possible concern, if I had to pick one, is the coaching. Not that it will be bad, I believe the OC has potential, but he has to teach his system and get it running this year. Last year we never took off, and I get the limitations QB wise; but Fitzpatrick, in theory, at least gives us a broader view of what the offense wants to do. It's time to show us something scheme wise and I'm interested to see what we do with these weapons. 

If the offense can improve like they did on paper, our defense shouldn't always be playing to "keep us in the game," but instead have more opportunities to play with a lead. That's a different football game for NFL defenses(especially with a DC like Del Rio). That's an attack mode we haven't had the luxury of setting our defense to. This is why the Team's overall growth will feed off each other. The offense improving will unleash the defense. I'm confident the defense will be coached up and developed well into our system. My concern on this side is Landon Collins accepting a role that best works for the entire defense. He likes playing in the box anyway so call it what you want, line up there and call it Super Strong Safety. With that settled let him and Davis work our speed Nickel package inside with Moreland or Roberts in the slot. I wanted to upgrade FS, but I also don't mind Reaves having an opportunity to take the position. Curl needs to lock in the SS this year as well- to build on a great first season. Jackson and Roberts should be solid in coverage with Fuller and Moreland. The DL is the DL. They are going to play football. I'm on record as saying resign all 5 to 2nd contracts(1st rounders and Settle). The 2nd contract is the prime for DL and having them all in their primes is dynasty. They should get the opportunity to showcase that this year with a more explosive offense on the other side.

Growing pains with a new QB, some of our young players needing time, and just getting outplayed will lead to around 6 losses in my estimation. We should get double digit Ws in a 17 game season. This roster is young, talented, and we have good coaching. We take the next step this year, and we are putting up a game against anyone in the playoffs. I am actually excited about this season. 

Edited by IrepDC

• 3 months later...