Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Apology Thread

Ax

I can't believe he quit. I apologize for thinking he'd be a good fit. I apologize for thinking we'd make the playoffs. I am an ass, a jerk, and I was very very very very very wrong. I mean, how could he miss with a big armed QB and Coles and a pretty good oline? I have shamed my family, my team, and myself. I am sorry and I am one sorry son of a *****. Please accept my apologies.

You know, both Spurrier and I were Buccaneer QB's. I took them to the NFC Championship game in 79, and he went 0-14 with them in 76 before he retired. I should have known....

Well it would appear that all those who participated in this bet have now made their apologies. While I have my own opinions concerning the apologies, I humbly bow to the those of the moderators.

Many thanks to all who joined in the fun.

Special thanks to all the moderators for allowing me to do this, and for their help in resolving this matter.

I await instruction.

After reading IAMBG's longwinded apology... I told myself I wasn't going to just give it to the apology which was the longest.

And after a shaky intro... I was sold with the following paragraph:

"I apologize for being a hypocrite. As one who hated the OBC for all his whining and complaining years in Fla with countless players that were accused of dirty play that I would only turn around and ride his coattails when he became the next coach for our beloved Skins, I am sorry."

That's quite the admission to me :D

So my vote is for IAMBG.

Thanks DH. But where are all the rest of the mods?

Geesh! You'd think Joe Gibbs came back to coach the team or something.

What?

No way.

NO WAY!

You know you could get clowned forever for posting something like that.

You mean he really did?

REALLY!! :thud:

Thanks DH. But where are all the rest of the mods?

Geesh! You'd think Joe Gibbs came back to coach the team or something.

What?

No way.

NO WAY!

You know you could get clowned forever for posting something like that.

You mean he really did?

REALLY!! :thud:

Look, the BG one struck a cord with me. He did a nice little mocking of Snyder bashers by outlining just how good a job he did getting Spurrier talent. Then he proceeded with nice repetitive hammering to craft a sound apology. BG is ahead of the pack in my view. :).

Look, the BG one struck a cord with me. He did a nice little mocking of Snyder bashers by outlining just how good a job he did getting Spurrier talent. Then he proceeded with nice repetitive hammering to craft a sound apology. BG is ahead of the pack in my view. :).

Well based on the criteria that the apology has to be 100 words, no one qualified. But since there has to be a winner, The Buddha's vote goes to DougWilliams-- the one who came closest to the 100 word limit. Plus, he called himself an ass and a sorry SOB. Referring to yourself with degrading expletives always wins big points with The Buddha.

I can't vote for IAMBG because of how stupid I felt not being able to figure out who the hell he was now. Damn name-changes around here have me on Extra-Strength Sam Adams, for chrissakes.

That ... and the fact that in my book, leadership is a huge, huge factor. Hey Jeff G., you putz ... you listening?

Only one guy took the initiative here. And when he did, it was without prevarication or dissembling, it was without the slightest hint of excuse making, and it was executed without any detectable ego or reservation at all. That's commendable. AND ... since those qualities are conspicously missing in my own deely flawed character (see, even HERE this becomes about me somehow), I cast my vote for the author of both the initial bet, the instant thread, and the purest apology.

You go, Ax.

I went into this planning to look for the purest apology -- the one that came closest to abjectly and unreservedly throwing or oneself upon the mercy of this brutal court.

I see where IMTHEREALBG leads comfortably, and I do admit his was certainly the most entertaining entry ... but I've already sort of cornered myself with the whole name-change thing ... plus, there IS the matter of the qualified-apology tone set by that opening paragraph. I wasn’t looking for clever here ... I wanted make-you-squirm groveling.

Kinda got the same feel from big z. Didn't strike me as a particularly soul-wracking abdication of all traces of id or super ego in the face of potential mass ridicule. That, and I got the sense that the heavy use of smilies and ellipsi were a bit of a smoke screen.

Symbol came pretty close to the purity I was looking for ... but in the end, not quite close enough. Can't even really tell you why. Just a gut thing. Maybe he’s not married and hasn’t quite perfected the art yet. Sorry, bro. Or not ... depending.

DougWilliams had me in his hip pocket ... right up until the end. I was almost feeling sorry for the man ... but then I found I lost the flavor when he used the name-association thing to kind of hide behind Doug Williams and a split-character kind of gestalty-feeling thing. It was clever, don't get me wrong, but it also struck me as just the tiniest bit of qualification.

It ended up like a Survivor deal to me. Kept voting people off until I was left with one withered, pathetic, gaunt and hollow-eyed supplicant.

Try as I might – and I did – I couldn’t find any trace of hesitation or arse-covering from Lowghost.

Hence, he gets my vote.

I’m sure he’s thrilled. :)

Om, for you, even though you wanted to Icy-Hot my shorts while I was away, I promise not to change my name again. I get caught up in the ups-and-downs of the season, hence certain name changes at various points of this season.

Well, I won something here at extremeskins.com. I am pumped. I couldn't have done it without ME as I have never doubted my abilities. :silly:

While some may not feel my apology was genuine :rolleyes:, whoops!!!! THere goes that smokescreen again......lemme just turn that off....

one must understand the amount of pride-sucking that has to go into such a shameful, pain-filled process as writing an apology about the failure of a team we all love, but a coach who some were'nt head over heels for. Throw a poke fan into the mix, and it makes the task that much harder.

Props to Ax for reminding all of us about the bet and making the contribution. Edit: Ax, you deserve my winnings for this little deal because you were the one who truely stuck to the bet. Hard to turn down another shirt, but I'd love for you to have it if you don't have one yet. I'm well stocked fortunately. The shirt has also held up quite well in enemy territory might I add...

I am glad that either way, it will support this awesome site.

Archived