Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ralph Friedgen

eyeball

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nono, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nono, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Not to be obnoxious...but you need to learn from your mistakes.

I'll still say no.

He does seem to have some sort of hex on NC State, but outside of them I think his teams have played pretty average while he's been at MD. The NC State games have made his seasons the past few years. I know that's heresy. I don't care. I'd go elsewhere.

I think he is a good coach that has found his niche. He has won some impressive games at Maryland and the turnaround has been impressive. That being said, I think he should stay with Maryland. With the malaise at Redskins Park, we need someone with absolute credibility otherwise I fear the players will tune him out. I think that Ralph would demand respect, but I don't know that he would get it. In other circumstances, he'd be a great roll of the dice.

I'm a Virginia fan. I HATE Maryland. I hate Friedgen. But I think he is a terrific coach who would be a fabulous NFL coach.

Unlike OBC, the Fridge loves nothing better than putting in long hours in the film room. His teams play smart, disciplined football on offense, defense and special teams. Unlike OBC, the Fridge's college teams don't win with flash and dash and great talent. They win because they are extremely sound in both their fundamentals and tactics. His teams improve thorouhout the season. Remember last year when they got shutout and looked awful in the opener against ND? In the Peach Bowl they looked awesome and kicked a good Tenn team all over the field. This year they lost their 1st 2 and looked bad. Since, they have won 9 out of 10 and would've won 10 straight if McBrien hadn't gotten hurt. I bet they win easily in the Gator. And he has been a Super Bowl OC in the NFL. And he doesn't ignore defense (unlike OBC).

The thought of another college coach scares me. He may have had some NFL experience, but that was a while back. There are too many current coaches/assistants available to choose from. Besides, Maryland needs to enjoy a winning program for a while, it was such a chore rooting for them when I lived there. :2cents:

Ralph can coach.

I knew he could coach when he took essentially Vanderlins players and tied for the ACC Championship his first year.

That's what great coaches can do. Parcells essentially took an underachieving Dallas team and won10 games.

What the Fridge did with Maryland his first year said a lot about his coaching abiities. Plus he's a great motivator and hardnosed.

There's a saying that a good coach "Can take yours and beat his and take his and beat yours." That's Ralph.

It was amazing, in November I watched Maryland play NC. State and I swear they were better coached then the Redskins. You could just see it. Players not out of position.

They would have even been better this year had they had a decent quarterback.

The problem I have with the Redskins brass is that here we are talking about big name retread coaches again. Presumably that is the way we will go. It's safe. And because of the Spurrier fiasco I'm almost certain it's the way we will go.

However, if you really do you homework you can find some great assistent or college coaches (who had NFL Experience) that need to be given a chance. The Andy Rieds, M. Lewis, Fox, Gibbs, Holmgrens, etc.

Going after names is typical Snyder type recruiting. To me, that's precisely the problem with our organization. We don't do enough in depth analysis and research, and only get caught up in name recognition.

My hunch tells me Ralph would make a great NFL coach. Anyone that can win with lesser talent then the Florida schools tells me were talking about a great coach. Not to mention he was an assitant coach with Bobby Ross and their national championship team at Georgia Tech. He also was the offensive co-ordinator for the San Diego Chargers when they went to the Super Bowl.

So it's not like he's strictly a college coach. So, that argument is not valid. And, last he's local.

Of course, the question is working with Snyder. That is not the most attractive aspect. A franchise that now has a history of unstability.

Danny Boy has to find the right coach to grow with and establish and identity for the franchise. My choice would probably be Wiess or Ralphy Boy.

NewEra

Archived