Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc Walker blasts Arrington, Trotter and Jansen this a.m.

REDSKINGATOR11

On the Monday morning qb show, Pollen and Szaban are interviewing Doc Walker. Walker said the following:

1) Spurrier's system will work with the proper structure (i.e. down on Cerrato).

2) Jansen, Trotter and Arrington are "gutless" for coming out now and saying more discipline was needed. These guys are supposed to be leaders and should have stood up in week 4 or 5.

3) He though Spurrier's practices should be more physical.

About time someone spoke the truth about the Skins. For some reason people closely associated with the Skins have always been cautious about what they say about some of their players. Because they are either affiliated with the Skins in a way or friends with the players on the roster. Someone needs to step up and tell it how it is. I commend Walker for his comments.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well now, I'm guessing Doc's a little put out. Wonder if this is something he'd like to take up with Lavar?

We should find out this afternoon when LaVar does his radio report with coach Thompson and Doc.

He's spot on there.

These guys like to think of themselves as leaders, but what do they do to provide leadership? Come out at the end of a disastrous season and publicly trash their teammates and coaches? I didn't see these guys playing w/o error. People in glass houses and all that.

Why didn't they take it upon themselves to police the inmates? Isn't that what leaders do? Isn't that what Ray Lewis does?

Instead of worrying about what the coaches are going to do about it, what are THEY going to do about it? I'm sick of these guys talking - try doing something for a change.

Leaders to the media, not to the team. They're leaders when they see a microphone, yet they're probably the same guys laughing, grab-assing, and goofing off when they should be working.

Now Arrington has his money, so he should put up or shut up. Jansen as well.... and Trotter better come to camp lean and mean and ready to crack some wigs or he'll be a June first cut.

Here's how I see it. Doc got it right. The one problem I have is Spurrier isn't an Offensive coordinator. He's suppose to be the HC. Let the O Coordinator handle the schemes. DAmn,we need some kind of indentity, and right now Spurrrier is more concerned with his ego and Fun and Gun, than just winning some games.....the madness continues.

Well, I want to kind of put this in perspective! At my work we have a bunch of bums and trying to tell them to work is like talking to a wall. Our management is somewhat like Spurriers bunch and the hard workers are the only one that take the high road and just work the extra work and try to carry everyone else. How can you put blame on the players that are not the bad apples? The only way to solve problems like that is to punish the bad apples! Management should be doing its job; otherwise they are about the same as the bad apples. You can't allow it to get to this point because others start getting fed up and not performing as well.

My over view is to dump Spurrier and find someone that can captain the ship. I believe a strong disciplined leader could correct this team in a season! If we go into this offseason and have Spurrier still at the top we are battling for a top pick again next season. You can have all the talent in the world but without structure it will never matter.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Here's how I see it. Doc got it right. The one problem I have is Spurrier isn't an Offensive coordinator. He's suppose to be the HC. Let the O Coordinator handle the schemes. DAmn,we need some kind of indentity, and right now Spurrrier is more concerned with his ego and Fun and Gun, than just winning some games.....the madness continues.

The madness continues is right...

And it starts with your observations.

The ONLY thing Spurrier is concerned about is winning. The only thing that will feed his ego is winning. Winning is the only thing he knows. He's been winning since he first picked up a football.

If there was an award for screwing up the facts and jumping to wild conclusions you would take second place, just behind ASF. :laugh:

let's continue to make excuses for a program that has failed, at least it takes up time this week until we get to see others in the playoffs :laugh:

the truth is nobody ever went back and said that if the players had only taken more responsibility on their own to support Tom Landry, Don Shula, Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh they would have been more successful :)

you know why?

because those coaches knew how to get the necessary accountability out of the roster without being prompted :D

Gibbs didn't need the front office to bring in a whole slew of new coaches 2 years into his program to prop him up because HE was able to assemble a staff and then make additions when people left to take jobs elsewhere.

Walker is right that the players are piling on here at the end to get their shots in, but that is only because Spurrier created an environment in which this type of selfishness and lack of unity was allowed to flourish for way too long.

Those coaches didnt have to deal with free agency and huge salaries thus the players had the fear of being fired so they worked their a$$es off and those coaches had time to develope players.

Trotter had major knee surgery in the offseason and should be back to full speed next season

"These guys are supposed to be leaders and should have stood up in week 4 or 5."

We were 3-1 after week 4 and everything was a-OK.

To be fair to Lavar, he had made a lot of references in the past to the players needing to play with more discipline (including himself) and he got on guys who were not taking losing very seriously.

Trotter is a peice of garbage and he needs to be shown the door. We have no business paying that guy even close to the amount of money he is making.

Jansen is probably the one most deserving of the criticism because he made excuse after excuse in his Times column and now he finally stands up once the season is over. Good move, Jon.

Archived