Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Bills (ES Coverage Edition)

KDawg

26 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I remember when these threads would hit 4 pages by noon on monday..24 replies...Wednesday?..😕

I will keep these coming! I need to come up with a clear stud of the season and dud of the season. Though it's looking like dud is a one man race.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I will keep these coming! I need to come up with a clear stud of the season and dud of the season. Though it's looking like dud is a one man race.

Please do keep them coming. Yes there's only 20 something replies, but there's over 550 views.

I'm sure that many posters, myself included, really enjoy your take on the game, but feel like they often can't add anything of substance other than the generic "yes I agree".  I do sometimes feel the need to express my views on the game, but often you've already nailed it.

12 hours ago, KDawg said:

What secondary score?

If you mean under "Season Totals:" that's the total for the season in these threads. It's not the core from the game. The secondary didn't get a score other than Norman's dud performance. :)

Gotcha. Just saw secondary minus Collins. 

Apke has been a breath of fresh air in center field.

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

Please do keep them coming. Yes there's only 20 something replies, but there's over 550 views.

I'm sure that many posters, myself included, really enjoy your take on the game, but feel like they often can't add anything of substance other than the generic "yes I agree".  I do sometimes feel the need to express my views on the game, but often you've already nailed it.

Appreciate it. But there’s not enough “likes” for me to believe people are in agreement and I’d love for people to engage with their disagreements. I have fun discussing football!

Although I guess “like” is a strange measure of agreement because clicking the damn button is kind of an afterthought a lot of times. And quite frankly it doesn’t mean anything :ols:

On 11/4/2019 at 6:30 AM, KDawg said:

1) Montez Sweat. Early in the game he had a contain responsibility on Allen. He had great position on a scramble to the left. They were in the open field. He maintained outside leverage and had a great angle. Then Allen stutter stepped inside and Sweat bit. Hard. He jumped inside and Allen okie doked him to the edge and got a sizeable gain. But later in the game, Sweat was more disciplined. Allen nor the Bills backs were able to get outside on him as he kept his lane. On a goal line play, Allen rolled opposite Sweat, but Sweat chased him from behind while keeping an excellent outside leverage angle in case Allen was able to plant and come back the other way and he registered a big sack. That's the type of development and learning in game that you like to see from a rookie. 

I'd like to see more out of him...much like Haskins, it's not HIS fault we took him where we did (and in his case, gave up extra assets to get him).  

But I'm not seeing flashes of dominance, or any kind of glimmer, that he's going to be the player everyone envisioned.  Before the Vikings game, he was ranked at the bottom of the league as a pass rusher, per PFF.  Maybe part of that is the speed and strength of the pro game.  Part of it is probably also his technique, how he lines up, etc. 

I know we don't really want to win games, so maybe playing him through it will make him a better player in the end.  But as long as we're relying on rookies to be contributors, I guess you'll have situations like this...

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

I hope that wasn't taken as a complaint.. I certainly ain't one that bites the hand that feeds

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I hope that wasn't taken as a complaint.. I certainly ain't one that bites the hand that feeds

Nope. I'm just sad we aren't good right now and no one wants to talk Redskin football with any meaningful conjecture.

@megared I don't know. I've been okay with Sweat. He has some issues, sure. And during the offseason I want to do a deep dive. But when I concentrated on him earlier in the year and now I've seen some significant strides in his play. He's going against left tackles, too. He's producing more than Kerrigan as well. Would I like him to be a total disruptor? Yes. But he wasn't a Chase Young or Nick Bosa type in college, either. So he's a guy I think can anchor one side of the line as long as he continues to develop.

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I remember when these threads would hit 4 pages by noon on monday..24 replies...Wednesday?..😕

Meh, you're too much of a newbie. 

The forerunner of these reached double figures a good few times the day after. 😋

Not sure what happened to that guy but it's probably for the best we don't mention him. 

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Meh, your too much of a newbie. 

The forerunner of these reached double figures a good few times the day after. 😋

Not sure what happened to that guy but it's probably for the best we don't mention him. 

Hail. 

Ya...I guess after 15 plus years it's all still new to me lol

• TK unpinned this topic

Archived