Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the hell is Wrong with Scherff?

clskinsfan

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

The team's issues have nothing to do with the fan base.  The fan base is not "uneducated".  They over value this team and many of its players, however.  The whole "6-3" argument from last year is the most recent example.

I agree about last year & stated that to several folks last season.  Except for the Cowboys win those wins were against very bad teams.  However I challenge you to find many Redskins fans who have the same take at this time.  Not much you can overvalue on offense.  A few but not many.  A few more on defense (& they actually do have talent on the D line).

Sure you are going to find a handful of fans who overvalue the team & several players, but that is true for the fans of all teams (probably even MIA & CIN).  However there is no way that this is true for the majority of fans or even a sizable number.  And again maybe Scherff isn't the best OG in the NFL, but he is not that bad.  We also don't know the extent of his injuries at this time.  Just because a player is playing doesn't mean that he is 100%.  I am Ok if he stays or goes, but they better have a plan to make that O line decent again.  Just getting rid of everyone is not a good plan.

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

The team's issues have nothing to do with the fan base.  The fan base is not "uneducated".  They over value this team and many of its players, however.  The whole "6-3" argument from last year is the most recent example.

DUDE. We were well on our way to winning the superbowl and I imagine we would be 9-1 this year if Smith didn't get injured. Maybe even 10-0. Hell, screw it... 11-0!!

BTW - if most of the fanbase overvalues the team & the talent then why do so many fans want Bruce Allen fired?  The GM/President (or whatever) & FO are the ones who supply the talent for the team. The coaches are the ones who develop the players & manage them correctly during games.

If most fans believe that the talent & the team was pretty good then they would not put the blame on Allen but rather almost exclusively on the coaches (which ultimately does fall back on FO).  I have not heard one Redskins fan (who is not related to Snyder or Allen) who supports Allen at this time.  Again - there may be some fans who overvalue everything, but I think in 2019 they are few and far between.  Any NFL team has some talent, but I think everyone knows that this team has massive holes (& some good players who can't shine due to the surrounding players & perhaps inferior coaching).  Not sure why we have to keep dancing around the fact that Bruce Allen & ultimately Snyder are the real problem.

Archived