Pick 5 players to keep + Tress Way

Spaceman Spiff

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Haskins

Sweat

McLaurin

Payne

Allen

I disagree with the premise in the OP though.  We definitely have more than five keepers.  Scherff, Dunbar, and Settle are keepers too.  Collins has the potential to be far more than a mercenary too, I want to keep him as well.  We also need to see what we have in Guice, Love, Foster, Moreau, and Harmon as any or all of them could be keepers.

I generally wholeheartedly agree with your takes but what has Moreau shown for you to still have trust in his abilities. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't recall a single strong game by him. Ever since Fuller left, I consider the slot corner position to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I generally wholeheartedly agree with your takes but what has Moreau shown for you to still have trust in his abilities. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't recall a single strong game by him. Ever since Fuller left, I consider the slot corner position to be an issue.

I don’t think him saying ‘we should see what he has’ means @stevemcqueen1 has ‘trust in his abilities’. 

Remember, he was in a very similar boat to Fuller - projected as a high draft pick prior to his knee injury and was still recovering his first year.  We played him in the slot even though (as far as I’ve read) he’s better suited to playing on the outside.  Of course, he’s also worked through some minor injuries.  
Bottom line, there’s still a chance he could be a good corner for us - remains to be seen.  And of course, good corners are a premium and we could really use one/some in this sort of fantasy rebuild we’re discussing.  

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

@skinny21 covered it pretty well, but Moreau is still a maybe for me.  He's toolsy and I like his potential as a press man corner with the strength and size to give a hard jam but then have the speed and fluidity to pattern match after.  And he can hold up in force duty on the outside.  There is a lot of growing that needs to happen, but I'd be willing to wait on him.  Dunbar took a while but he's come into his own.  The other thing is you need a stable of corners to have a good secondary, and they need to be interchangeable and they need to be physical.  Moreau has the athleticism to be that kind of player.

Reread the scouting report on Moreau for kicks - said he can play man, press man and zone.  Main weaknesses were being a bit handsy and not being great at locating the football in the air.  Problems, to be sure, but that versatility along with good size and very good speed = a guy you generally are willing to be patient with.  

Archived